Halifax Away

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

After listening to the presser before tomorrow's game Unsworth trying to get the fans onboard and for me trying to find someone else to blame, I'm sorry but the last 11 away games have seen us;

P 11

D 4

L 7

F 6

A 19

What worries me most is his own lack of self awareness, some fans would of paid thousands to watch those 11 games and they've seen what? Players not turning up and a manager playing the shittest football we've seen for years are the reason for the discontent, I personally think the fans have been more than patient, we are officially the shittest team in English football, expectation is that low we are normally  content to see a team run about a bit and put their body on the line but we can't even muster that and the fact we are taking over 2000 on the back of recent performances tomorrow is actually nuts, we are scoring a goal about every three hours since last April so if they are getting booed off every 45 minutes it's hardly surprising, I'm afraid we've got someone in who will blame everything and everyone else for his own shortcomings when it's his responsibility to get us out of it, it's plainly obvious everyone needs to be singing off the same hymn sheet but you won't win any fans over by shifting the blame to them, like he says it's a two way thing so let's hope firstly  he can put a team out there to represent the club and the fans and secondly he can look like he's arsed himself during the game if fuck all is happening.

I'm just hoping we try to win a game of football tomorrow (novel concept I know), I'm not even bothered if we get beat in the process so long as we can see some endeavour and a tiny bit of pride in wearing the shirt.

Amen

..don't I and others know it

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

After listening to the presser before tomorrow's game Unsworth trying to get the fans onboard and for me trying to find someone else to blame, I'm sorry but the last 11 away games have seen us;

P 11

D 4

L 7

F 6

A 19

What worries me most is his own lack of self awareness, some fans would of paid thousands to watch those 11 games and they've seen what? Players not turning up and a manager playing the shittest football we've seen for years are the reason for the discontent, I personally think the fans have been more than patient, we are officially the shittest team in English football, expectation is that low we are normally  content to see a team run about a bit and put their body on the line but we can't even muster that and the fact we are taking over 2000 on the back of recent performances tomorrow is actually nuts, we are scoring a goal about every three hours since last April so if they are getting booed off every 45 minutes it's hardly surprising, I'm afraid we've got someone in who will blame everything and everyone else for his own shortcomings when it's his responsibility to get us out of it, it's plainly obvious everyone needs to be singing off the same hymn sheet but you won't win any fans over by shifting the blame to them, like he says it's a two way thing so let's hope firstly  he can put a team out there to represent the club and the fans and secondly he can look like he's arsed himself during the game if fuck all is happening.

I'm just hoping we try to win a game of football tomorrow (novel concept I know), I'm not even bothered if we get beat in the process so long as we can see some endeavour and a tiny bit of pride in wearing the shirt.

You are beginning to get on my tits!!!

1 hour ago, Yard Dog said:

Completely forgot to collect our Halifax tickets from BP this week. Anyone know if I'll be able to collect them before the game at Halifax tomorrow?

Thanks

Adam was outside the turnstiles at Alty with tickets for collection - not sure if he does that for every game but more than likely.

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

P 11

D 4

L 7

F 6

A 19

What worries me most is his own lack of self awareness…

But to be fair to Unsworth, only 3 of those have been in the league under him.
P3 W0 D1 L2

However.. I take your main point that he should be aware of recent history and performances and he should be doing more to stop the rot 😮

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Two of them have been up there with the worst Oldham performances I've ever seen and, by all accounts, the third was even worse...

It was truly awful, worst I’ve seen for a while and that’s saying something, but we go again today and hope it’s going to get better

Big Joe speaks to DU regularly you'd think he'd say to him this is not the kind of football you were expected to produce, get playing the way my teams did. I'll back you up by signing the kind of players it needs. You will then be judged accordingly.

After the disgraceful "no show" at Altrincham, today needs a big reaction from the players and the manager (regarding his team set-up). I have relented and am going with a Halifax mate in their section. He tells me Halifax are dire - never a better chance, apparently, to have a thumping away win. That said, I`ve just looked at their last 5 games - and they've won 2 - one win more than us! Here's hoping.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Big Joe speaks to DU regularly you'd think he'd say to him this is not the kind of football you were expected to produce, get playing the way my teams did. I'll back you up by signing the kind of players it needs. You will then be judged accordingly.

Bit of a lame dig that BP...

We finished 4th bottom in 83/84 losing over half our games I think, and scoring roughly a goal a game. My recollection was we were pretty dull and I for one was calling for us to change the manager that season.

It took time, some magestic signings, and an awesome crop of home grown youth players to get us playing the football that we did.

Been said many times you can't polish a turd...so not sure quite how you expect us to suddenly start playing pinch me football?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

All surmise on your part. You weren’t part of the recruitment process but presume to know what was said by whom to whom.

2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

All surmise on your part. You weren’t part of the recruitment process but presume to know what was said by whom to whom.

I said "youd think he'd say".

I based that on big Joe's past philosophy and I doubt he's happy with the current tactics.

If you are happy that's fine though.

Archived