Halifax Away

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, oldhamfan said:

Never been to Halifax and was wondering what is the set up with regards beer/food at the ground. Do they serve alcohol and which stand is best to go in the North Stand or Skircoat Stand.

Only been once and sat in main stand as it was a friendly. Imagine most will go behind the goal standing, but it’s an open terrace and so open to elements. Also find open terraces aren’t great for generating an atmosphere. 

2 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

The terrace behind the goal is covered so don’t worry about that.

Loadsa pubs and places to eat in Halifax. 

I thought it was uncovered. Just looked and your right. My memory is deceiving me.

42 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

2.5k tickets. Can't see us needing more unless we win every game between then and now. 

My clairvoyance probably going to be wrong again. Looks like every man and his dog is turning up for this one according to Twitter

Been a few times both when it also was used as  a speedway stadium when Latics played.Used to be a right dump but now it's really nice with cracking food outlet and bar under one stand we went in behind the goals .Only a  short walk back to the station.

13 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Been a few times both when it also was used as  a speedway stadium when Latics played.Used to be a right dump but now it's really nice with cracking food outlet and bar under one stand we went in behind the goals .Only a  short walk back to the station.

Yes probably the pick of the away days for me this season, short train ride over, plenty of decent boozers and stadium literally a five minute walk away, I'd hope we could take 3k after selling out York in no time. Should be a cracking day/night out particularly if we can find some form.

We should take a fair few but 3k is a little optimistic! We have yet to win away from home and in 16th place, just 2 points off the relegation places.

I reckon 2k would be nearer the mark.

Incidentally, just checked our match stats since Harry Kewell was sacked in March 2021 and we’ve won just 18 out of 82 a 21.95% win rate….which is absolutely dire!!

Harry Kewell @ 41.46 had a better win % than both Joe Royle & Jimmy Frizzell and the 5th best in our history!!

Considering our recent record our attendance’s are amazing!

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We should take a fair few but 3k is a little optimistic! We have yet to win away from home and in 16th place, just 2 points off the relegation places.

Incidentally, just checked our match stats since Harry Kewell was sacked in March 2021 and we’ve won just 18 out of 82 a 21.95% win rate….which is absolutely dire!!

Harry Kewell @ 41.46 had a better win % than both Joe Royle & Jimmy Frizzell and the 5th best in our history!!

update on the website by the monday after chester sayin that we have shifted your 2K and that we will be asing for more..

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

And we were a decent watch albeit on Ifollow.

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

Brilliant town centre for a beer. Puts Oldham to shame.

Longtimeblue where would you recommend, going to meet up with my son from Leeds, and possibly my other son from Newcastle, would prefer a bar with food and good ales. 

On 10/10/2022 at 1:01 AM, longtimeblue said:

Brilliant town centre for a beer. Puts Oldham to shame.

Spot on longtimeblue. I was saddened when the Hare and Hounds and Hark to Topper closed down in Oldham town centre - effectively killing it off as a place to have a decent "crawl". I`ve also heard that The Snipe is being demolished (!?). Oldham - a classis example of how to kill a town centre stone dead. Friends of mine get the tram to Rochdale now for their regular Thursday afternoon gathering. Very sad.

On 10/10/2022 at 2:14 AM, disjointed said:

Longtimeblue where would you recommend, going to meet up with my son from Leeds, and possibly my other son from Newcastle, would prefer a bar with food and good ales. 

Grayston Unity is a lovely (but small) boozer. Certainly meet your real ale criteria and would defo recommend. Not sure they food but there are at least 3 or 4 independent ale/IPA type places all within walking distance of each other. Know that Meandering Bear does Platter type stuff and good beer options. 

Just now, longtimeblue said:

Grayston Unity is a lovely (but small) boozer. Certainly meet your real ale criteria and would defo recommend. Not sure they food but there are at least 3 or 4 independent ale/IPA type places all within walking distance of each other. Know that Meandering Bear does Platter type stuff and good beer options. 

There's also a very good food court in the inside market. Bloke from Failsworth has a Burrito place. Really good Thai gaff, too. It's a good place for a mooch.

On 10/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, oafc1955 said:

That can't be right. Kewell won 11 out of 32 league games in charge.

Archived