MATCH: vs Maidenhead United (A) 08/10/22

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Also- for the love of god. 

please please can we stop blaming the past. Unsy doesn’t want to talk about it. Frank doesn’t want to talk about it. The only people who do. Are apologists for below par performance’s. 

It’s really simple now. 

Good club again.

Onus squarely on manager and players to get results. 

The past squad still exists and they are shit 

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I wouldn’t have used Yardy’s language but he has a point. 2 points and 2 goals from first four games isn’t a great return, and from all accounts we’ve played well for one half out of eight. 

He needs time- but let’s not dress his start up as anything other than poor. 

Surely 2 points and 4 goals….??

First game for me since Southend and to be honest it was very similar except we escaped with a point. Fondop my MOM, but other than the back three there was no competition. We do look better at the back, though not sure what Roberts has done to deserve a game based on today.

Hogan, Gardner and Hope make a positive difference to this team (as long as they stay fit).

7 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Sorry mate you need to get a grip

He's a bul shitter because he can't turn the worst set of footballers known to man in to Man City??

Anyone with any sense knows this season is one of transition, we are addressing 30 years of neglect

Get off Football Manager and accept the reality

To blame Unsworth or call him a "bull shitter" when actually all he has done is speak sense is horse shit 

I wouldn't describe him as a bullshitter, but I have concerns.  

In one of his first interviews, he claimed about his experience at Everton that "it's the same game at any level".  It really fucking isn't - this isn't the Premier League.  This isn't even Everton Under 23s.  It's a league where we need organised beasts, not pretty footballers and formations.

We know the squads bad, but the fact we're persisting with one up front (a continuation of what Shez did) just mystifies - whoever plays up front needs a partner. We should clear our lines, not knock it across the back - the players don't have the ability and it will lead to silly mistakes.

Don't get me wrong - I have faith that Unsworth will get it right once he brings his own players in.  But it is blind faith..

10 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

2 goals from a strike force of Fondopp is amazing

I will say again - he has inherited the worst set of so called footballers in our history

I'll judge him when he's made his own team because Pep would fail with this lot of chancers 

It’s his choice to isolate Fondop. 

It’s his choice to play a defensive line up. (After saying he wants to play to win) 

Formations have nothing to do with player ability, and everything to do with how a manger wants to set up. Even against Wrexham in the first half- we actually created very little. 

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I wouldn't describe him as a bullshitter, but I have concerns.  

In one of his first interviews, he claimed about his experience at Everton that "it's the same game at any level".  It really fucking isn't - this isn't the Premier League.  This isn't even Everton Under 23s.  It's a league where we need organised beasts, not pretty footballers and formations.

We know the squads bad, but the fact we're persisting with one up front (a continuation of what Shez did) just mystifies - whoever plays up front needs a partner. We should clear our lines, not knock it across the back - the players don't have the ability and it will lead to silly mistakes.

Don't get me wrong - I have faith that Unsworth will get it right once he brings his own players in.  But it is blind faith..

Who would you play up front with Fondop?

They're all injured and sorry, but Luamba is shit and needs putting in the same bin as Stobbs

6 minutes ago, JED said:

Surely 2 points and 4 goals….??

First game for me since Southend and to be honest it was very similar except we escaped with a point. Fondop my MOM, but other than the back three there was no competition. We do look better at the back, though not sure what Roberts has done to deserve a game based on today.

Hogan, Gardner and Hope make a positive difference to this team (as long as they stay fit).

Sorry - forgot Scunthorpe. 🤦🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s his choice to isolate Fondop. 

It’s his choice to play a defensive line up. (After saying he wants to play to win) 

Formations have nothing to do with player ability, and everything to do with how a manger wants to set up. Even against Wrexham in the first half- we actually created very little. 

Who do you play with Fondop?

Porter and Hope are injured

Luamba is wank

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

100%

Just now, Wardie said:

There is literally only one fit and competent striker available. If the c**t from Chesterfield had not assaulted Hope, I feel we may have more points on board. 

Hope would certainly have helped matter 

11 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

They're all injured and sorry, but Luamba is shit and needs putting in the same bin as Stobbs

I think he deserves a run.

Everyone moans that the midfield is shit too, so why are we playing 5 shit midfielders??

Matt Dean on Twatter..

One topic I’m keen to cover on the pod is that of changing our collective psychology. As supporters we’ve a responsibility as much as the players, coaches & board to play our part. There’s lot of work to do and it will take time. Some of the reaction today isn’t helpful imo

I feel he has a point here but there also has to be both sides to the argument.

27 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Matt Dean on Twatter..

I feel he has a point here but there also has to be both sides to the argument.

Collective psychology and responsibility works both ways. Two relegations in five years with literally no light at the end of the tunnel doesn’t do much for your psychology hence the reactions of some long suffering fans. However, this is a fresh start with new and good people so we have to go with it. At some point soon though we need to start winning games, not next season, next January. 2 points from a possible 12 is bad, new manager or not. 

3 hours ago, GKing521 said:

I see people actively chuffed with a result to a side that have less provisions than private schools in our area.

You are the ginger lad that was walking out the stadium today moaning arnt you? Fucking embarrassing mate. Go do something else with your Saturday if your going to cry like that. Todays performance was shit, but if you are who I think you are, then you need to have a look at yourself for criticising other fans for clapping the players off. Go get another hobby. 

49 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Ah yes the lower league Messi ignored by 3 managers apart from being bummed by Ollie Banks 

Amazing how good players we never see are 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I’ve just picked two here, but the theme is always the the same with you- everyone is shit. Fine. 

But we can’t get rid of them of all. 11 have to start and it’s up to the manager to get the most out of what he has. If you think that is that isn’t up to manager- then you must think he gets a free pass because he can’t work with shit. Again - fine. 

So when do we start judging him?

Next season? 

Archived