FA Trophy

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

How in the name of God is that remotely comparable? Ridiculous thing to say 

No it isn't, even AL never did that (and I'm no fan of his), we main standers care and this came completely out of the blue, you don't go so are in no position to talk. Get off your usual high horse for a change.  We have already seen some, including myself won't be going to this match as a protest, The club haven't explained the reasoning behind it. just done it anyway, like it or not,

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

No it isn't, even AL never did that (and I'm no fan of his), we main standers care and this came completely out of the blue, you don't go so are in no position to talk. Get off your usual high horse for a change.  We have already seen some, including myself won't be going to this match as a protest, The club haven't explained the reasoning behind it. just done it anyway, like it or not,

Wow! 

I would imagine that the projected attendance for this game is fairly low and therefore it’s a decision that the club has made for financial reasons.

The decision has been announced a full 18 (EIGHTEEN) days before the game takes place so hardly ‘out of the blue’.

The general consensus on social media so far has been that many will not be attending as it is (only) the FA Trophy - the club has acted to minimise costs.

Seeing that I do go to home games, and sit in the Main Stand, I assume that I am in a position to talk?

And as for your ‘protest’, in my opinion, it’s laughable. Frankly, I think it’s you who should get off that high horse.

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Well of course it's out of the blue. That's how announcements work. I'll be there for this game as it happens 

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

No he just closed the North Stand instead 

51 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No he just closed the North Stand instead 

classic case of lm alright, Jack.

l'm only joking, this is around a £3K own goal by the club.

main stand upper is drier, slightly warmer and has a slightly better elevated viewing position than anywhere else in the ground.

not sure we will have people snapping their ST's in half, but we shall see.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

classic case of lm alright, Jack.

l'm only joking, this is around a £3K own goal by the club.

main stand upper is drier, slightly warmer and has a slightly better elevated viewing position than anywhere else in the ground.

not sure we will have people snapping their ST's in half, but we shall see.

I had a ST for most of my Latics supporting life in the MS, first in the paddock adn then behind the directors box

Its a dump

Im in the NS now and fair enough if youre near the front you get wet

Its one game that about 50 people will be going too

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

I had a ST for most of my Latics supporting life, first in the paddock adn then behind the directors box

Its a dump

Im in the NS now and fair enough if youre near the front you get wet

Its one game that about 50 people will be going too

l agree with you. about 400 don't and about half of that won't sit in 'somebody elses stand/seat'. theres about three dry seats in the NS, the design is lamoid in that regard, that was blatant as we watched it go up. light drizzle and a N breeze and theres zero dry seats.

lm sayin 10% chance of rain so shud be fine on that front.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Well of course it's out of the blue. That's how announcements work. I'll be there for this game as it happens 

No not all, there's such a thing as consolation, they could easily have have mentioned it in advance to @BPASwho could have put the feelers out.

What about the reason why?

The club wants fans to embrace them, yet as before treats them with disdain.

I'd like to know the person who made this thoughtless decision.

Frank is supposedly investing £13m yet this looks like penny pinching.

What next turning off the floodlights on the main stand side to save money?😆

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No not all, there's such a thing as consolation, they could easily have have mentioned it in advance to @BPASwho could have put the feelers out 

What about the reason why?

The club wants fans to embrace them yet as before treats them with disdain.

I'd like to know the person who made this thoughtless decision,

Frank is supposedly investing £13m yet this looks like penny pinching .

What next turning off the floodlights on the main stand side to save money?😆

It's not really "penny pinching" it's basic economic sense.

Which stand should they have closed to save money?

ps I've got used to sitting in the Rochdale Road (JF) stand permanently! 😉

23 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It's not really "penny pinching" it's basic economic sense.

Which stand should they have closed to save money?

ps I've got used to sitting in the Rochdale Road (JF) stand permanently! 😉

No, its common sense to keep fans happy, haven't they learned that lesson from the AL regime?

It's nothing but penny pinching, but many are scared to criticise Frank, I say what I feel whether he likes it or not.

39 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No, its common sense to keep fans happy, haven't they learned that lesson from the AL regime?

It's nothing but penny pinching, but many are scared to criticise Frank, I say what I feel whether he likes it or not.

We all like our say but can't you see the sense in closing one or two stands for a potentially poorly attended match?

Whoever is (or indeed was) in charge it just makes sense even if it inconveniences a couple of hundred spectators.

2 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

I'm not bothering either way but there'd be a lot less sympathy if the same decision had been made 12 months ago.

They've closed the chaddy and the main stand - if you were going to close half the ground for a game hardly anyone will go to, those are the obvious choices. Home fans in the best facility that also houses the hospitality, and the RRE large section, away fans in RRE small section.

The last lot closed the North Stand out of spite at any opportunity they could.

I don't really think the club needed to do a massive load of research and supporter surveys to come to this conclusion. And there is definitely no comparison to be made between what they've done here and what the club and it's Senior Advisor did in recent seasons.

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Wow! 

I would imagine that the projected attendance for this game is fairly low and therefore it’s a decision that the club has made for financial reasons.

The decision has been announced a full 18 (EIGHTEEN) days before the game takes place so hardly ‘out of the blue’.

The general consensus on social media so far has been that many will not be attending as it is (only) the FA Trophy - the club has acted to minimise costs.

Seeing that I do go to home games, and sit in the Main Stand, I assume that I am in a position to talk?

And as for your ‘protest’, in my opinion, it’s laughable. Frankly, I think it’s you who should get off that high horse.

Couldn’t agree more, and I’m a mainstander too. 

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Wow! 

And as for your ‘protest’, in my opinion, it’s laughable. Frankly, I think it’s you who should get off that high horse

altho l agree, the 'general consensus on social media' is kind of moot as most of those inclined to grumble about it won't really be on social media.

*doffs cap toward notable exceptions*

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

We all like our say but can't you see the sense in closing one or two stands for a potentially poorly attended match?

Whoever is (or indeed was) in charge it just makes sense even if it inconveniences a couple of hundred spectators.

No, not when there's supposed to be £13m invested, as I said IMO its  penny pinching with no concern for the regular fans, I hope for all your sakes it doesn't pour down on the night.  I can see this being a pre cursor to closing the main stand all together, its obvious they want people spending money in the newly acquired Joe Royle stand.  They wool wont be pulled over my eyes.

Archived