FA Trophy

16 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Seen a few Gateshead fans moaning that we wouldn't move the game to a dinner time kick off. Bit rich from them considering they wouldn't move the League match in November back 24 hours when we played Wrexham in the cup...

You reap what you sow.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pain in the arse this competition.

Just realised if we get through, the Barnet game is going to be postponed.

Planned a trip to London to see family and also to go the Barnet game.  I might actually have to see family if we get through.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Planned a trip to London to see family and also to go the Barnet game.  I might actually have to see family if we get through.

I've held off buying train tickets to Barnet for this reason. By the time it gets to knowing whether or not we will be playing Barnet that weekend, the prices will probably be sky high...

On 1/10/2023 at 5:59 PM, JoeP said:

On 1/10/2023 at 7:05 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

I've held off buying train tickets to Barnet for this reason. By the time it gets to knowing whether or not we will be playing Barnet that weekend, the prices will probably be sky high...

I'm fairly confident we can get a London side in the next round, if we get that far, as the draw shouldn't be regionalised. 

I'm certain now as this round's draw wasn't regionalised, nevermind next round's draw. 

FWIW for our game against Barnet to be on we need Barnet not to qualify too - they've got Solihull Moors at Solihull.

28 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I'm fairly confident we can get a London side in the next round, if we get that far, as the draw shouldn't be regionalised. 

I'm certain now as this round's draw wasn't regionalised, nevermind next round's draw. 

FWIW for our game against Barnet to be on we need Barnet not to qualify too - they've got Solihull Moors at Solihull.

Ah, bugger.

Yeah, it's not regionalised as Darlington are playing Southend this round.

Me and my Newcastle/ Darlington supporting mate had decided that Gateshead was just about as far to travel ( from  Leyburn ) in an early round of the FA trophy, so had planned to visit the Gateshead stadium to watch Latics. 

However, the change of venue to BP is a bridge too far. Well twice as far as travelling to  Gateshead actually. Another factor is, that my 75 year old eyes are not good enough to watch a game from behind the goals, it seems to be a hell of a long way to the other goal🤓, so the Jimmy Frizzell stand won't do,  nore will the chance of sitting in the rain in The Joe Royle stand, ( do you sit in, or out of that stand ? )  I like to sit IN the main stand, which will keep me dry. But of course that's not an option on Saturday. So, I will settle for sitting in our house instead. 

16 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Me and my Newcastle/ Darlington supporting mate had decided that Gateshead was just about as far to travel ( from  Leyburn ) in an early round of the FA trophy, so had planned to visit the Gateshead stadium to watch Latics. 

However, the change of venue to BP is a bridge too far. Well twice as far as travelling to  Gateshead actually. Another factor is, that my 75 year old eyes are not good enough to watch a game from behind the goals, it seems to be a hell of a long way to the other goal🤓, so the Jimmy Frizzell stand won't do,  nore will the chance of sitting in the rain in The Joe Royle stand, ( do you sit in, or out of that stand ? )  I like to sit IN the main stand, which will keep me dry. But of course that's not an option on Saturday. So, I will settle for sitting in our house instead. 

It would be further at Gateshead.  It's in an athletics stadium I think

The chance of getting wet in the Joe Royle Stand is overstated.

When I used to go in there a few rows from the back, it would have to be a during sudden gust to even get a vague splash.

And as most people will be paying on the gate, you can always go and pre-purchase a ticket right now for one of the upper rows of it.

26 minutes ago, Simpo said:

The chance of getting wet in the Joe Royle Stand is overstated.

When I used to go in there a few rows from the back, it would have to be a during sudden gust to even get a vague splash.

And as most people will be paying on the gate, you can always go and pre-purchase a ticket right now for one of the upper rows of it.

If we had been playing Dorking at home on Saturday, people in the North Stand would have got wet.

I got wet the first game I ever watched from there (Mansfield in the cup, just after it opened) I was sitting in the really posh seats too. 

It is more undercover than the old Lookers stand - you used to get drenched sitting anything further forward than the 3rd row from the front in heavy rain (the 5-0 against Forest springs to mind). But it is not as undercover as the Main Stand.

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

Ever thought of having contact lenses.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

If we had been playing Dorking at home on Saturday, people in the North Stand would have got wet.

I got wet the first game I ever watched from there (Mansfield in the cup, just after it opened) I was sitting in the really posh seats too. 

It is more undercover than the old Lookers stand - you used to get drenched sitting anything further forward than the 3rd row from the front in heavy rain (the 5-0 against Forest springs to mind). But it is not as undercover as the Main Stand.

I was in there for the Mansfield replay, a few of us went and sat in the 100 club seats, a steward came along and said we couldn't sit there, the game was about 20 minutes old and these seats were not being used, needless to say the steward got told to go and f*** himself. 

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

I was in there for the Mansfield replay, a few of us went and sat in the 100 club seats, a steward came along and said we couldn't sit there, the game was about 20 minutes old and these seats were not being used, needless to say the steward got told to go and f*** himself. 

Yeah I remember I was about 10 feet away.

Archived