National League Thread

52 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Watched the Dorking Gateshead game this afternoon. (I have learned that if you stay logged in, then back out to the streamed matches, you can watch whatever you want). Gateshead are gone. They played like we did under DU. Caught a bit of the Bromley game too. Lots of huff and puff from both sides; very Sunday League.

Got a strange feeling that Norwood is about to go on a massive scoring run.

You know you can just stream any game ?

The match pass is for the day of games rather than specific clubs. 

7 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

You know you can just stream any game ?

The match pass is for the day of games rather than specific clubs. 

Yes, I am aware. But only on the day of the game.

Once I log out and back in again on the firestick, it moves to the next schedule.

If I stay logged in and, on a game, it's as if it is still rhe same game day, so I can watch the others at will.

On 1/20/2024 at 5:31 PM, disjointed said:

Yeah not bad at all, Bromley still look too far ahead of us but stranger things have happened. It's weird to be feeling so positive after all that has happened, we are not playing well but the recent signings have really given me hope. 

Sold Krauhaus to Brentford for a club record fee. Unfortunately he’s been loaned back!

Edited by dannyboy55555

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

Similar with Josh Stokes from Aldershot to Bristol City for a reported £250K but stays at Shots until summer.

..a reminder of why Aldershot are having a much better season than many assumed…they’ve got some very good players but young so some erratic results 

I'm a yes to Kanu. If we're going 4-3-3 in the future then you need pace and width from at least one of that front three, ideally two. Dallas-Nors-Kanu would be a nightmare for most NL defences. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

I'm a yes to Kanu. If we're going 4-3-3 in the future then you need pace and width from at least one of that front three, ideally two. Dallas-Nors-Kanu would be a nightmare for most NL defences. 

Is Walker not a wide player?

I'm loathed to leave Big Mike out of any starting line-up.  10 year contract.  And name a stand after him.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

This for me, that front three at Wembley would be insane. That would be harsh on Fondop I know but he will still have a massive part to play.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I'm loathed to leave Big Mike out of any starting line-up.  10 year contract.  And name a stand after him.

When we have all the squad match fit, I don’t see Fondop as a starter. I see Mikey as a super sub - a “come off the bench wrecking ball” if you want. 
What he lacks in technique, he more than makes up for with his enthusiasm and energy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

When we have all the squad match fit, I don’t see Fondop as a starter. I see Mikey as a super sub - a “come off the bench wrecking ball” if you want. 
What he lacks in technique, he more than makes up for with his enthusiasm and energy.

Possibly, but I hope we don't just overlook him as a starter because we've made a "big" signing in Dallas.

He brings a lot to the team on a number of levels.  Always has done.

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Possibly, but I hope we don't just overlook him as a starter because we've made a "big" signing in Dallas.

He brings a lot to the team on a number of levels.  Always has done.

He is a baffling player really. Some things he does well physically, but he struggles to control the football, yet will have a moment of brilliance, it’s very strange. 

Ive come to the conclusion he’s good when the game is open. But if the opposition sit back, and it’s on us to break them down, he’s poor as his close control lets him down. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I just don’t see us needing another winger when we are clearly playing the wing back system. We have wingers if needed to change system? 

Mellon doesn't want to play wing backs, ne plays it because that's the system that best suits the players we've got. He wants a front three and that's why he's still looking for wide forwards.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Mellon doesn't want to play wing backs, ne plays it because that's the system that best suits the players we've got. He wants a front three and that's why he's still looking for wide forwards.

Fair enough but we will be sacrificing one of the traditional strikers, which will be anyone but Norwood. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He is a baffling player really. Some things he does well physically, but he struggles to control the football, yet will have a moment of brilliance, it’s very strange. 

Ive come to the conclusion he’s good when the game is open. But if the opposition sit back, and it’s on us to break them down, he’s poor as his close control lets him down. 

He struggles to control a football ???

He's probably one of the only players who it sticks to, now I know you could describe him as unorthodox but his ability to control a ball is not one of his weaknesses. 

Where he does struggle is positionally, he can be a bit maverick almost headless chicken at times but when he's on it he's a terrific target man who puts his body on the line, you could also never question the mans passion or desire and he's a really important player in our squad.

• Like 5