Expectation

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

For those saying give him time- if we’re in the bottom 4 in Jan/Feb, would you make a change?

Or does he stay even if we go down? 

The pressure to make a change will be too great if him and his team haven't got it moving forward by then.

We won't be in a relegation battle. We've been without our best 3 centre halves for most of the season. Without our two signings who played league 1 last season as well. Best player of the season battered in a car park and out for most of DU's games.

With McGahey and Hogan as centre halves that adds quality and experience to the back line. The worlds biggest if but IF Gardner and Porter get properly fit they add quality most teams don't have. Our side will be far better in a months time. 

Not really sure what all the panic is about. No other side in the league could cope with the defensive injuries we've had. Take Wrexhams best 3 centre halves out and they'd struggle. Get them back, 442 have Sheron holding in midfield with Rooney Tollet and A N Other providng for 2 strikers and we'll be more than fine.

I still expect us to be the team that goes on a very good run.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Daft comment and you know it.

In the unlikely event that we were on course to do this, Unsworth would walk well before the season end.

Not sure any manager would walk away from a 3 year contract just because they're losing matches and his Uncle Joe certainly won't allow him to be sacked...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not sure any manager would walk away from a 3 year contract just because they're losing matches and his Uncle Joe certainly won't allow him to be sacked...

So David Unsworth loses the next 30 (THIRTY) games on the bounce and he keeps his job?

yeah…right 

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

In my mind Mr Royle senior is entitled to more respect than that

26 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

In my mind Mr Royle senior is entitled to more respect than that

A hero and legend. Always will be.

However, since leaving as manager in '94 he's advised Latics to appoint Graeme Sharp, Dave Penney and this fella as manager.  There's no sugar-coating it - that's not a good record.

33 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Sorry if I've missed something but how has McGahey being the saviour suddenly crept in to the conversation?

Hes absolutely rubbish and from what I've seen, has little interest being here.

He's a proper centre half and played in higher levels. He might not be as good as he thinks he is but he's way above what we have now. I'm not even sure Maynard and Sheron are centre backs.

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

A hero and legend. Always will be.

However, since leaving as manager in '94 he's advised Latics to appoint Graeme Sharp, Dave Penney and this fella as manager.  There's no sugar-coating it - that's not a good record.

The same danger of bringing in family  and mates as we saw with AL.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The same danger of bringing in family  and mates as we saw with AL.

That's not correct - the family AL brought in had absolutely no qualifications to be there.

Mentioning the Royles in the same breath as Lemsegams - now that is disrespectful!

Just now, JoeP said:

That's not correct - the family AL brought in had absolutely no qualifications to be there.

Mentioning the Royles in the same breath as Lemsegams - now that is disrespectful!

The point I'm making is both haven't worked out, even though its early days with DU and he has poor players at his disposal the tactics have been abysmal and thats down to him and his coaching staff...who are also mates with no non league experience.

10 minutes ago, JoeP said:

How many Chief Exec. jobs has Royle Jnr had? Is it 1 at Wigan after he put together the consortium which nearly led to them going bust? So he's had 2 Chief Exec jobs both of which he got after finding the buyer who ultimately gave him the job. Hardly great qualifications for the job is it? Which club was he working at before Frank bought the club?

22 minutes ago, PeteG said:

How many Chief Exec. jobs has Royle Jnr had? Is it 1 at Wigan after he put together the consortium which nearly led to them going bust? So he's had 2 Chief Exec jobs both of which he got after finding the buyer who ultimately gave him the job. Hardly great qualifications for the job is it? Which club was he working at before Frank bought the club?

The Barry Owen's a CUNT club which I was a signed up member of, he did a great job of getting the rat out for which I am eternally grateful. 

47 minutes ago, Clifford said:

He's a proper centre half and played in higher levels. He might not be as good as he thinks he is but he's way above what we have now. I'm not even sure Maynard and Sheron are centre backs.

You mean like Clarke's a proper rightback with a similar profile.....

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The Barry Owen's a CUNT club which I was a signed up member of, he did a great job of getting the rat out for which I am eternally grateful. 

So the answer is he wasn't working for a football club? And, his only other role to what he has now, was created by bringing in the owner which is again what hes done here and got his dad on the board which again he did at Wigan. Tell me how the Wigan story ended and how they think of Messrs Royle in that part of the world.

10 minutes ago, PeteG said:

So the answer is he wasn't working for a football club? And, his only other role to what he has now, was created by bringing in the owner which is again what hes done here and got his dad on the board which again he did at Wigan. Tell me how the Wigan story ended and how they think of Messrs Royle in that part of the world.

Tell us all how the Barry Owen story ended and how he's thought of in this part of the world. 

8 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I give zero fucks, meanwhile you associate yourself and are the mouth piece for one of the most despised men to ever set foot in to BP, like the Royle family give a fuck what you and shitpeas think of them.

45 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You mean like Clarke's a proper rightback with a similar profile.....

McGahey has played over 200 efl games, most of them league 1, 6 in the championship. The lads there currently i don't think have played 1 efl game. Different levels.

9 minutes ago, Clifford said:

McGahey has played over 200 efl games, most of them league 1, 6 in the championship. The lads there currently i don't think have played 1 efl game. Different levels.

Problem is he's a fat get whose knees and back can't carry the weight he has, which means he frequently gets injured...

Archived