Expectation

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Problem is he's a fat get whose knees and back can't carry the weight he has, which means he frequently gets injured...

The manager will share his experience of that scenario, and his shorts, once he's fully fit.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

I expect some effort and passion simple not laurel and hardy defending. 

It's not rugby league. You can't just out effort people who are levels above you skill and experience wise. Maynard and Sheron at centre back vs the Wrexham strikers wasn't about effort and passion. They're just a couple of leagues above.

I've no idea if Maynard is really a centre half. Sheron was announced as a defensive centre mid. Tough gig if it's not their natural positions but they're garbage there for sure. I don't doubt they're trying, those 2 in particular, they're just not good enough. 

18 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

That post makes no sense whatsoever!!

The international is bobbins…Norman is definitely good enough for this league. McGahey has been injured for weeks and along with Clarke were released by Scunthorpe who along with us were relegated. Maynard has been on the treatment table for weeks, Tollit is ‘apparently a good player’…what does that mean? Hope has been out for 2 months and Gardner is an absolute walking sick note!!!

You ‘re right, the list does go on!!!

A handful are just OK, the rest are absolutely shite.

Unsworth has had 8 games? For me he gets this season and a fair chunk of next before he can be properly judged….firing people at this stage will get us relegated again for sure but crack on!!

🤣

Latics22 is the reason we should have kept downboats. l was hoping it would be the thing that finally made him realise how much of a gobshite he is, alas.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

It's not rugby league. You can't just out effort people who are levels above you skill and experience wise. Maynard and Sheron at centre back vs the Wrexham strikers wasn't about effort and passion. They're just a couple of leagues above.

I've no idea if Maynard is really a centre half. Sheron was announced as a defensive centre mid. Tough gig if it's not their natural positions but they're garbage there for sure. I don't doubt they're trying, those 2 in particular, they're just not good enough. 

I'm guessing you don't watch much rugby leage

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

I'm guessing you don't watch much rugby leage

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

For those saying give him time- if we’re in the bottom 4 in Jan/Feb, would you make a change?

Or does he stay even if we go down? 

You don't get relegated in Jan

8 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Sorry if I've missed something but how has McGahey being the saviour suddenly crept in to the conversation?

Hes absolutely rubbish and from what I've seen, has little interest being here.

McGahey isn't as good as Maynard so I'd write off him improving anything. Never won a header while he's been here

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You don't get relegated in Jan

McGahey isn't as good as Maynard so I'd write off him improving anything. Never won a header while he's been here

Maynard won a header yesterday for a great assist... for Wrexham

They are both shite 

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I really disagree. He's looked Sunday league at best in every game. Doesn't win a header. Zero pace. Positioning is awful.

I suppose having no pace at this level shouldn’t be too much of a problem if positioning is spot on. If we went to a back 4 I’d be happy to see if him along Hogan but generally he’s been shite for us so you’ve every right to hold those views.

1 minute ago, Clifford said:

Mcgahey is way above Maynard. 

Footballer vs Binman.

Hogan and McGahey will ensure we aren't as much of a soft touch for sure.

Maynard is so out of his depth i feel sorry for him. I assume its not his position. 

From what I have seen, his best position has been in the treatment room. That's where he was when everyone was saying what a good player he is...

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

From what I have seen, his best position has been in the treatment room. That's where he was when everyone was saying what a good player he is...

maynard? nobody said he was good did they? best l saw was somebody on here who said sumat like he heads it into space then kicks it straight up in the air.

potentially useful in some games but woefully exposed against a championship striker

Archived