Unsworth

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm guessing Oldham is your nearest NL ground?  Mine would be Southend, albeit 70 odd miles away

Yes, not missed a game at your place in the last thirty years or so. On Saturday I reckon I'll have watched games between the two all the way from the Championship thru to NL. How far we've both come . . . 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There's nothing to complain about, anyone who thinks 30 years of decline can be turned around in a few months without spending huge amounts of money on playing staff is entitled/stupid.

No one expected promotion, but I don't think anyone expected us to be this shit either.  There's been no sign of shoots of recovery on the pitch or even stabilising, which isn't an unreasonable expectation.  

Unsworth's been backed to a reasonable level and should be doing better.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There's nothing to complain about, anyone who thinks 30 years of decline can be turned around in a few months without spending huge amounts of money on playing staff is entitled/stupid.

So how much longer do we have to be content with shite then? 

12 minutes ago, JoeP said:

No one expected promotion, but I don't think anyone expected us to be this shit either.  There's been no sign of shoots of recovery on the pitch or even stabilising, which isn't an unreasonable expectation.  

All reasonable points, not sure they make up the basis for turning things toxic though.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

All reasonable points, not sure they make up the basis for turning things toxic though.

Don't know if you watched the game last Saturday, but we were abysmal. If the fans turn on Unsworth he can't complain, he should be getting more from the players. 

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not even toxic towards Unsworth?

Fans want hope and there doesn't seem to be any good reason why he isn't providing that.  He's been backed with signings, got little Wembley back, been allowed to dick about with the canteen and changing rooms - in fact he's been accommodated more than any other manager we've had for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Fans want hope and there doesn't seem to be any good reason why he isn't providing that.  He's been backed with signings, got little Wembley back, been allowed to dick about with the canteen and changing rooms - in fact he's been accommodated more than any other manager we've had for years.

To be fair he's been here longer than most managers we've had for years :)

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I'm starting to think these people who want Unsworth to stay don't even go to the games. We're so depressing and predictable to watch. 

45 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Bit by bit he's been backed, it takes time to gel. We have the same complaints each season about that. He changed half the starting 11. Last 2 league games showed us first some bollocks and second attacking danger we've not seen all season. 

We'll not be near the relegation zone by the end of the season.

17 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I mean you can but I'm not sure what purpose it serves (other than making yourselves look entitled) and I think the P4P inspectors would be thinking about taking away our best fans in the land privileges...

1 hour ago, Glossop Shrimper said:

Yes, not missed a game at your place in the last thirty years or so. On Saturday I reckon I'll have watched games between the two all the way from the Championship thru to NL. How far we've both come . . . 

You'll be in good company on Saturday. I live in the USA but I bought the Matchball Sponsorship package as a birthday present for my Oldham based brother in law who is a lifelong Shrimper. He'll be there with 9 mates. However, as a lifelong Oldham follower, I hope he doesn't go home with a smile!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Bit by bit he's been backed, it takes time to gel. We have the same complaints each season about that. He changed half the starting 11. Last 2 league games showed us first some bollocks and second attacking danger we've not seen all season. 

We'll not be near the relegation zone by the end of the season.

I think you're taking too much from the last two league games.  The only thing that saved us from a routine home defeat against Notts County was two major cock-ups on their part and the Dorking game seems like a freak result that flattered us (from reports - I didn't go to that one).  3 wins in 20 is the stat you should be looking at, with a "back to normal" defeat in the cup at the weekend.

The "time to gel" excuse is a myth - teams aften change manager and then have a bounce straight away. We've had no short-term OR long-term bounce under Unsworth.  Football isn't that complicated.  He's shown at no point in his career that he's capable of managing a senior team.  It's blind faith and nothing more. The improvements you claim to have seen since Nuttall's arrival are negligible. 

25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I mean you can but I'm not sure what purpose it serves (other than making yourselves look entitled) and I think the P4P inspectors would be thinking about taking away our best fans in the land privileges...

Entitled or concerned about your club?  We're within our rights to let the club know we're not happy about the manager.  Making some noise is better than nodding and shrugging our way into the National League North, in my opinion..

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 3

You can't say those 2 performances weren't better than most. Time will tell if they are freaks or not. They have defo bought him time.

And I don't buy the lucky draw shite vs NC. They battered us, as they're a very good side, and we hung in and battled. Would have been very easy to crumble given the circumstances but we didn't. 

I'm hoping Gateshead in the gonorrhoea cup is the freak from now on.

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

The "time to gel" excuse is a myth - teams aften change manager and then have a bounce straight away. We've had no short-term OR long-term bounce under Unsworth. 

Hard to bounce with the squad he had. Just look at his 1st games side. Vomit inducing. 

3 in 20 games his is record as you say. He's got 2 of those wins in his last 4 league games. So a clear improvement. One he has to continue. 

15 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think you're taking too much from the last two league games.  The only thing that saved us from a routine home defeat against Notts County was two major cock-ups on their part and the Dorking game seems like a freak result that flattered us (from reports - I didn't go to that one).  3 wins in 20 is the stat you should be looking at, with a "back to normal" defeat in the cup at the weekend.

The "time to gel" excuse is a myth - teams aften change manager and then have a bounce straight away. We've had no short-term OR long-term bounce under Unsworth.  Football isn't that complicated.  He's shown at no point in his career that he's capable of managing a senior team.  It's blind faith and nothing more. The improvements you claim to have seen since Nuttall's arrival are negligible. 

Entitled or concerned about your club?  We're within our rights to let the club know we're not happy about the manager.  Making some noise is better than nodding and shrugging our way into the National League North, in my opinion..

Hes winding you all up, like he always does...

Just ignore the nob 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Hes winding you all up, like he always does...

Just ignore the nob 

Majority of what I have said is factual. Interesting to see others views on it.

Good to see the morons in the room just sulk and insult. You crack on flower.

17 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I'm sure the club will have an eye on these pages and Twitter so won't be unaware of the vibes. I don't think taking that into the stadium can have ant positive benefit.

1 minute ago, Clifford said:

Majority of what I have said is factual. Interesting to see others views on it.

Good to see the morons in the room just sulk and insult. You crack on flower.

Go easy pal, he'll sliding into your DM's sending you his postcode if you're not careful.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Go easy pal, he'll sliding into your DM's sending you his postcode if you're not careful.

Into inboxing men via the Internet is he? Each to their own. I've got a mate whose into that sort of thing. I could be their best man.

Edited by Clifford

My worry is with Unsworth that he appears not to know how to set a team up.He also on top of that doesn’t know his best formation or best 11 with the players available.The squad was much smaller under Shez who had us 14th,since then we’ve brought in an abundance of new players with little by the way of understanding or how we’re trying to play.I am not a fan of chopping and changing managers but his record is horrendous and the odd win like against Dorking is précédéd and followed by abject performances.If he had a semblance of a structure or there were signs of recovery I’d be giving him more time but there simply isn’t.Managers are judged on results and they tell you all you need to know.If it looks like shite and smells like shite it genuinely is shite.

• Like 3

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

OWTB fact now. Doesn't matter. He also kicked the clubs tea lady in the face on the way out

Whilst "storming out" may be an exaggeration it is fact he left well before expected as Matt first hand states that he and the rest of the press team were surprised at being left to wait so long before Suzanne saw his car was gone

And Ebrells interview does not stink of someone "prepared"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Whilst "storming out" may be an exaggeration it is fact he left well before expected as Matt first hand states that he and the rest of the press team were surprised at being left to wait so long before Suzanne saw his car was gone

And Ebrells interview does not stink of someone "prepared"

Not doing a presser isn't the same as not talking to the players or anyone else and throwing a tantrum though

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

He's been backed with signings, got little Wembley back, been allowed to dick about with the canteen and changing rooms - in fact he's been accommodated more than any other manager we've had for years.

I think DU's only realistic chance now is to make good use of our "prayer room" - perhaps divine intervention can stop the rot? 😇