Unsworth

7 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Why?  Football fans demand results whichever the club.  Here, Frank has inherited a strong fanbase at this level and one that will grow.  He knows it and I doubt he regrets taking it on.

Besides, the large majority of fans don’t have issue with the Rothwells or the Royles.  Frank has been guided by the Royles on DUs appointment and the Royles have been clouded by employing someone they know.

Ignore the idiots demanding Darren leave over this.  If anyone questions what Darren has done to safeguard the future of our club needs to give their head a wobble.

It’s a monumental mistake, one that’s happened at many a club and one that can be easily remedied.  I just hope DR isn’t gambling his position and future at this club over loyalty to DU.  

We are a few months into what is a presumably a medium to long term plan, nobody should be demanding results at this stage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I don’t know and I don’t care. 

If he was saying what you wanted him to but results and performances were the same you wouldn’t be changing your mind about whether he should be kept or not. 

I see you care just enough to tell me you don’t care. 😂

If you don’t like being challenged or asked about your view, then maybe go somewhere where everybody agrees with you. It will be less stressful. 

• Like 1

Just now, League one forever said:

I see you care just enough to tell me you don’t care. 😂

If you don’t like being challenged or asked about your view, then maybe go somewhere where everybody agrees with you. It will be less stressful. 

Nope, you’ve totally lost me. Have a nice evening. 

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We are a few months into what is a presumably a medium to long term plan, nobody should be demanding results at this stage.

Ok I’ll bite.  Sorry but that’s rubbish.  

Had he no squad then I agree but he inherited a squad that was struggling but still delivering the odd result under Shez.  

He’s then brought in another team of players including two strikers who were already in form and scoring for their teams - one in a team struggling below us.

Hes then isolated one striker via his tactics, destroying that lads run of form and languishing on the bench wondering WTF.

He’s not addressed that midfield despite being here for months.

With the current squad of players, we should be higher up the table.

He’s taken us backwards massively 

The only reason it’s long term is the length of his contract.  We took a gamble, it clearly is not paying off….

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Have you not seen the squad Anthony? We are a long way away from anybody being justified in having expectations.

You do realise he has signed a fair few players within that squad? He hasn't kept the squad Sheridan had. We got rid of Sheridan because he wasn't meeting expectations. You don't bring someone else in to do as badly/worse as the previous manager. 🤣

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He probably can't believe such a non issue has become an issue and feels obliged to spin a yarn about it...

If it was predetermined that Unsworth wasn't going to be doing a after match press conference, surely the best way to handle any issues going forward, would have been to announce such thing before the game. Take away any conspiracy theories. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

You do realise he has signed a fair few players within that squad? He hasn't kept the squad Sheridan had. We got rid of Sheridan because he wasn't meeting expectations. You don't bring someone else in to do as badly/worse as the previous manager. 🤣

I do Anthony yes. I wouldn't describe any of them as wow signings though to be honest, more decent players for the level. We are going to have bring in a lot more quality before we can start to think about challenging at the top end.

I don’t think that was the reason Sheri parted ways but you may think differently.

16 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Ok I’ll bite.  Sorry but that’s rubbish.  

Had he no squad then I agree but he inherited a squad that was struggling but still delivering the odd result under Shez.  

He’s then brought in another team of players including two strikers who were already in form and scoring for their teams - one in a team struggling below us.

Hes then isolated one striker via his tactics, destroying that lads run of form and languishing on the bench wondering WTF.

He’s not addressed that midfield despite being here for months.

With the current squad of players, we should be higher up the table.

He’s taken us backwards massively 

The only reason it’s long term is the length of his contract.  We took a gamble, it clearly is not paying off….

I think the fact we seem unable to shift anyone out rather than on loan to Radcliffe tells the story of the squad pre Rothwells...

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

If it was predetermined that Unsworth wasn't going to be doing a after match press conference, surely the best way to handle any issues going forward, would have been to announce such thing before the game. Take away any conspiracy theories. 

Announce to whom, the press gang? A reasonable point.

Once you lose the supporters, there isn't a way back. As a manager, you do everything in your power to endear yourself, to show you're 100% committed to the cause and demonstrate that you're hurting if it's not going your way.

Stubbornness just doesn't prevail in the end. Unsworth could play this so much better, even if he just isn't up to the task or the job in hand - and the scale of the rebuild - has caught him by surprise. But by attempting to bullshit the fans, to gaslight and to treat them with any level of contempt is a one-way ticket out. Ronnie tried it, Dave Penney too. Shitpeas and the Lemsegams declared war on us. But ultimately, every time resulted in the same thing.

The only way forward for him is results to go our way and performance levels to rise. His stock in the eyes of the majority can't get much lower.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Announce to whom, the press gang? A reasonable point.

Hope he doesn't agree for Ebrell to do anymore postmatch interviews because we always seem to lose those matches.He must think we're thick, only we're not. Time for him to walk. Disgraceful. Mind you we seem to lose even when HE does  the post match interviews, so let Frank do them. I would respect him more than this clown.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Once you lose the supporters, there isn't a way back. As a manager, you do everything in your power to endear yourself, to show you're 100% committed to the cause and demonstrate that you're hurting if it's not going your way.

Stubbornness just doesn't prevail in the end. Unsworth could play this so much better, even if he just isn't up to the task or the job in hand - and the scale of the rebuild - has caught him by surprise. But by attempting to bullshit the fans, to gaslight and to treat them with any level of contempt is a one-way ticket out. Ronnie tried it, Dave Penney too. Shitpeas and the Lemsegams declared war on us. But ultimately, every time resulted in the same thing.

The only way forward for him is results to go our way and performance levels to rise. His stock in the eyes of the majority can't get much lower.

Top post Franky. 

It’s not always about Unsworth in or out. It’s the fact he doesn’t help himself and doesn’t take responsibility for anything. His latest being to deflect onto the fans further aggravating the situation. Managers need to kill fans with kindness. Even when privately they think it’s unfair- because it shows class and that you’re above petty point scoring. If you build a rapport with fans they are more inclined to give you a bit more time or understanding.

The trouble he’s got now, is even if results do improve- I think a lot just don’t like him and that only ends one way like you say.

He’s only got himself to blame. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The trouble he’s got now, is even if results do improve- I think a lot just don’t like him and that only ends one way like you say.

Disagree.

If or when he starts to win games all this controversy will melt away. It will make no difference whether you like him or not if he starts to win games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

Disagree.

If or when he starts to win games all this controversy will melt away. It will make no difference whether you like him or not if he starts to win games.

I know what you mean, and I agree to a point.

But It would need sustained results over a long period of time for his spell up to date to be forgotten. If we won the next 3 and then lost the next 3/4 on the bounce it will start again. In part because he has alienated himself from the fans. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

Or even if Ebbrell had said as much in the post match presser which he didn't really answer properly. 

I always think that we pay too much attention to comments from the manager post game. I mean you cannot dress up a 3-1 home defeat to Gateshead and by the sounds of it an abject performance. But running off at the final whistle after a defeat is possibly one of the worst things you can do it doesn't look good. Even if he didn't speak to the media because he was locked in the dressing room with the players would have looked better atleast it meant he was trying to sort things out with them. But to effectively storm off and go Awol doesn't give off a good impression at all.

It's getting harder and harder to see a way back from here.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know what you mean, and I agree to a point.

But It would need sustained results over a long period of time for his spell up to date to be forgotten. If we won the next 3 and then lost the next 3/4 on the bounce it will start again. In part because he has alienated himself from the fans. 

You are answering your own point's. If he starts to win it will melt away-if he continues to lose he will get dogs abuse. Nowt to do with alienating fans.

This is a club who's fans are desperate for some form of success-if he manages to produce something-anything, he will easily win fans over.

As an aside or example. Did you see City tonight? Booed off at HT, cheered off at FT. Fickle lot footie fans.

5 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You are answering your own point's. If he starts to win it will melt away-if he continues to lose he will get dogs abuse. Nowt to do with alienating fans.

This is a club who's fans are desperate for some form of success-if he manages to produce something-anything, he will easily win fans over.

As an aside or example. Did you see City tonight? Booed off at HT, cheered off at FT. Fickle lot footie fans.

Ok, I’ll put it another way. 

I don’t think he’ll get the results needed to make alienating the fans irrelevant.  

For example- when he joined, as long as we finished mid table I was fine with that. I didn’t/don’t expect miracles after where we’ve been. Now, the best we can hope for from here is 16/17th in my view. If he had been great with the fans, I think most would think- right let’s push on next season. But because of his demeanour I think people will be calling for change even if he keeps us up. 

On your city point- did you see Pep’s post match presser? He gave the fans a bit of stick, and was implying they’ve become to accustomed to success. You can do that when you won 4 league titles in 5 years. You can’t do it, when your four months into a job and won 3 games in 20. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Or even if Ebbrell had said as much in the post match presser which he didn't really answer properly. 

I always think that we pay too much attention to comments from the manager post game. I mean you cannot dress up a 3-1 home defeat to Gateshead and by the sounds of it an abject performance. But running off at the final whistle after a defeat is possibly one of the worst things you can do it doesn't look good. Even if he didn't speak to the media because he was locked in the dressing room with the players would have looked better atleast it meant he was trying to sort things out with them. But to effectively storm off and go Awol doesn't give off a good impression at all.

It's getting harder and harder to see a way back from here.

I wonder if he would be prepared to take a (crowdfunded) lie detector test?

• Like 2