Unsworth

26 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Do you really think that will happen or are you just fishing?

They are hardly the Glazer's and they have saved the club despite the current on pitch performances.

You know that most of the anger is rightly directed at the manager and will continue to be so unless results improve.

Fans are fickle, they will turn on anyone if they think results and performances are abysmal.

34 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Joe is free of any criticism in my book

48 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I find it hard to believe that the royals have that much sway. Especially joe, he’s there in name and its a disgrace to call him out on any level. Darren maybe has more input, but Frank isn’t stupid. He will pull the trigger when he decides, I’m sure. 

At least spell his surname correctly if your going to hold him in such high regard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

I find it hard to believe that the royals have that much sway. Especially joe, he’s there in name and its a disgrace to call him out on any level. Darren maybe has more input, but Frank isn’t stupid. He will pull the trigger when he decides, I’m sure. 

Please spell Royle correctly if nothing else!!😆

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Shrek said:

I agree a modern thinking young hungry appointment would be my choice. Be that a former player like LJ or someone who has made a career coaching and looking to move up, a Wild type 1st time round. It won't be Wild.

Paul Murray?

Or not young enough?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Fans are fickle, they will turn on anyone if they think results and performances are abysmal.

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

No.Fans are the bread and butter of any team and do know better

I believe that fans have every right to show their disapproval @BP1960- you do qualify it by saying “if they think results and performances are abysmal.” 
So, fickle or justified? I’d say the latter.

Do fans know better @Flemboy? Not always, but another abysmal showing like the Gateshead first half is simply not acceptable. I agree that fans are the lifeblood of any club and I hope that the 1200 who make the journey today see the team put in a performance to reward them for incredible loyalty shown.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I believe that fans have every right to show their disapproval @BP1960- you do qualify it by saying “if they think results and performances are abysmal.” 
So, fickle or justified? I’d say the latter.

Do fans know better @Flemboy? Not always, but another abysmal showing like the Gateshead first half is simply not acceptable. I agree that fans are the lifeblood of any club and I hope that the 1200 who make the journey today see the team put in a performance to reward them for incredible loyalty shown.

Quite a prominent players whose dad I used to spin the yarn with always used to say to me you can't kid the fans and I tend to agree with that, also at this level I'll guarantee I've watched at least 10x the games Unsworth, Ebbrell and Jeffers have seen combined so why cant we have an opinion on players, tactics and expectations?.

• Like 1

I’ve now reached the point where I’m thinking it’s probably best we stick with Unsworth. It was obvious to everyone who watched the game at Chesterfield that these players are definitely playing for their manager.

I fear It could be too big a gamble to twist now and so I’m resigned to him being here at the start of next season.

There will, however, have to be a monumental change in playing style, a massive clear out of the dead wood and the successful recruitment of several much better players.

If that happens we should then be in a much better position to at least challenge the better teams in this division.

I would give him every chance to make the necessary changes but there can be no more excuses, if we are still struggling to make the top half by late October I would definitely get shut!

• Like 6

17 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I’ve now reached the point where I’m thinking it’s probably best we stick with Unsworth.

I`ve reached the conclusion that we simply have no say, whatsoever, in the matter. I am glad that results are improving, although I have this morning spoken to someone who went to Chesterfield. His words honestly quoted, " Unbelievable. He's the luckiest manager alive because we were slaughtered at football in reality." I wasn't there, so no idea if this is exaggerated but he's not one to go over the top normally.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I`ve reached the conclusion that we simply have no say, whatsoever, in the matter. I am glad that results are improving, although I have this morning spoken to someone who went to Chesterfield. His words honestly quoted, " Unbelievable. He's the luckiest manager alive because we were slaughtered at football in reality." I wasn't there, so no idea if this is exaggerated but he's not one to go over the top normally.

As my old boss was fond of saying, 'it ain't a democracy'

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

He’s dead right, but in our predicament 3 points is 3 points and just now I care not how it’s achieved!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, St92 said:

For balance after negative comments I've made recently, he should get some credit today. 

His subs all seem to have made an impact and half time subs is the more aggressive mindset I've wanted to see

He got it right by default tonight  with the half time subs, we'd never have won that with Chapman and Nuttall still on.

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He got it right by default tonight  with the half time subs, we'd never have won that with Chapman and Nuttall still on.

How's it by default if he made the right call? You're contradicting yourself given he can take the credit, it wasn't by default it was his positive substitutions which won it for us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How's it by default if he made the right call? You're contradicting yourself given he can take the credit, it wasn't by default it was his positive substitutions which won it for us.

No, I said before the match I'd have dropped Nuttall and Chapman, so I'm taking the credit.

The next to be replaced will be Shelton if the manager wants the team to improve. You heard it here first.😄

Edited by BP1960

42 minutes ago, St92 said:

For balance after negative comments I've made recently, he should get some credit today. 

His subs all seem to have made an impact and half time subs is the more aggressive mindset I've wanted to see

Credit where its due.

Glad Clarke scored.Should never have let him go but glad he's back to help with his experience.