Unsworth

4 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Despite this seasons poor quality in the main, I think we'll be close next season when he has 12 months of learnings from the many mistakes he has made..

Be great if you could give Unsworth some credit when it's due BP and start to get behind him a bit more. 

Tip for you.....if your still doing a bit of scouting for the club, maybe don't criticise the manager at every opportunity on a message board I'm sure he is aware of...you may get a better response 😉

If he's aware of me he's never been in touch and if he did I'd tell him I'd never recommend players he's signed like Chapman, Shelton and Nuttall and his team formations are dysfunctional.

As I've mentioned I know the 2 lads at Manchester City were available and I sent in glowing reports, but no response.

Albeit the Head of Recruitment has not been well, but it seems to me DU doesn't listen to others readily and in a cocoon with his two coaches.

Another one I'd be signing next season is Brunt we saw play for Boreham Wood today. We signed Peck though on loan from the same club instead.

TBH I get the impression I'm wasting my time with this manager.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

If he's aware of me he's never been in touch and if he did I'd tell him I'd never recommend players he's signed like Chapman, Shelton and Nuttall and his team formations are dysfunctional.

As I've mentioned I know the 2 lads at Manchester City were available and I sent in glowing reports, but no response.

Albeit the Head of Recruitment has not been well, but it seems to me DU doesn't listen to others readily and in a cocoon with his two coaches.

Another one I'd be signing next season is Brunt we saw play for Boreham Wood today. We signed Peck though on loan from the same club instead.

TBH I get the impression I'm wasting my time with this manager.

Not sure how many City players have been loaded to non league in recent times but would imagine it is a pretty short list.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure how many City players have been loaded to non league in recent times but would imagine it is a pretty short list.

Doesn't mean they wouldn't as neither are in the first team plans. 

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Doesn't mean they wouldn't as neither are in the first team plans. 

18-19yo lads need to be well above average to be making a difference at this level and the chances of PL players being so and dropping into non league are almost next to none, perhaps you need to realign your recommendations if you want them to be acted upon.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

18-19yo lads need to be well above average to be making a difference at this level and the chances of PL players being so and dropping into non league are almost next to none, perhaps you need to realign your recommendations if you want them to be acted upon.

I have told you before both were available on loan at the time to us and that's why I was  sent on a scouting mission to give my opinion - which was both are far better than we have signed.

If they aren't acted upon its down the powers that be.

They certainly won't be available to any club at this level next season I can assure you of that.

The may of course not be what the manager wants and that's his prerogative.

Maybe if you spent your time suggesting better players instead if knocking others it would shed some light on your prowess.

Edited by BP1960

Another post match interview with Unsworth not blaming himself for anything  and simply saying it was one of those games and then smiling.At least he didn't say it was a nil niller.

This team performs in fits and starts but with the money invested and players in the large squad we should be getting far better fayre.Woking will be a tough game for sure

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Another post match interview with Unsworth not blaming himself for anything  and simply saying it was one of those games and then smiling.At least he didn't say it was a nil niller.

This team performs in fits and starts but with the money invested and players in the large squad we should be getting far better fayre. Woking will be a tough game for sure

I’m not asking him to blame himself, just to be honest about what we all see on the pitch.

Either he genuinely does not see how mind numbingly ineffective our second half display was or he is being disingenuous and taking us fans for fools😮 

Call it like it is David - you’d get far more respect if you did. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Unsworth’s latest comment:

“Our performance was terrific and I won't have it that it wasn't”

The bloke’s bonkers 😱

The first half was the best I've seen this season so he might be half right.

IMO we are only perhaps a couple of players in crucial positions short of a team capable of better things.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

The first half was the best I've seen this season so he might be half right.

IMO we are only perhaps a couple of players in crucial positions short of a team capable of better things.

Every single manager is always only a couple of players short of a perfect team.

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Why the hell would they want David Unsworth?😂😂😆

He's a great manager - versatile with tactics, great with the fans, always absolutely spot on with what he says in the press.  We'd need a large compensation package to lose someone so promising.

Do you hear, Oxford?!?  You'd be fools - FOOLS! - not to go for him..

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Careca9 said:

I’m sure I read prior to him coming that it’s common knowledge his mrs has a major say and he needs to be near liverpool. Can’t see this happening. 

Anyone know how the Tranmere manager is doing? Asking for a friend!

4 hours ago, Careca9 said:

I’m sure I read prior to him coming that it’s common knowledge his mrs has a major say and he needs to be near liverpool. Can’t see this happening. 

It's what, a mere 3 hour drive? Less outside of rushhour! He'll be fine Mrs Undsworth! To be honest, I could name a dozen Latics fans who'd be willing to do a free taxi service for him there and back every day for the first six months, if that's any kind of deal breaker....

• Like 2