Unsworth

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Unsworth is doing a bad job, it's all relative and if you can't see that there is little point having a debate.

Couple of things that may surprise you though alongside the train of thought you have now with regards to Unsworth is this, we currently have the second highest wage bill in the division so this myth that Unsworth is working with a load of shite is frankly bollocks.

We've took two of the divisions best strikers (allegedly) from other teams and have our biggest wage bill since Abdallah went  stupid, we now have fans fawning over Unsworth (well the odd one like yourself) like he's the next Pep despite us being unable to string two passes together the majority of the time looking almost clueless and comprehensively outplayed by teams like Southend who haven't been paid for two months and have been under a transfer embargo for most of the season.

Now I think this divisions that bad that Unsworth with 3 or 4 quality signings will get us out of it but for me that will be more to do with the position he's inherited and the backing he'll get, anything but top three next season will be failure for me because there will be literally no excuses.

chucking budget 'myths' about when weve signed 40 players including lois maynard and that zane chap is a bit disengenuous do you not think?

Lootbagger raking it in whilst pretending to be a keeper probably out earns half of the starting XI combined at a fair few clubs.

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Some embarrassing positions being taken. New years day I was ready for him to go. I said it was time he was sacked. Since then I've changed my mind with the results we have got

We shall see at the start of the new season

I still maintain with Unsworth,  we'll be having the exact same debate halfway through it

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Good position to take for you. Can't be proven. We can see the results Unsworth IS getting though and they're good. Or do you disagree

Can't argue with the results, even if the games have been mind-numbingly dull.  Give him a decent budget for the summer and I expect a bit of entertainment thrown in next season as well, which'll be new territory for him...

56 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

bump this in 11months..

Gladly will do it myself even if I am right or wrong. I honestly think he hasn't got the wherewithall to put together a season long winning team (I know there are some games that will be lost by the team that wins the division). 

27 minutes ago, JoeP said:

There's no denying that we've got better players and results have improved...

The manager should take some of the credit too for the upturn in form. If the players are getting results then that shows the players are playing for him. We should all be prepared to acknowledge that.

We can give credit to someone while still maintaining a healthy level of doubt about their ability.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OAFCLongsuffeting said:

Think he meant more that Sefil signed in 2019 in League 2 

Probably why he'd be a more deserving winner of LaticsMind!

The point is Abdallah told Wellens what players to play which, in my opinion, absolves Wellens from blame..

Edited by JoeP

Just now, JoeP said:

Probably why he'd be a more deserving winner of LaticsMind!

The point is Abdallah told Wellens what players to play which, in my opinion, absolves him from blame..

I agree, I think that’s how we got treated to the worst 45 minutes from a footballer I have ever seen in Omrani - which was under Wellens

30 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Can't argue with the results, even if the games have been mind-numbingly dull.  Give him a decent budget for the summer and I expect a bit of entertainment thrown in next season as well, which'll be new territory for him...

I hope it’ll be a lot better to watch next year, but my belief in that we’ll be up there challenging is more to do with the poor standard we’ll be up against then much faith in the manager.

I happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now though

• Like 2

I was firmly in the Unsworth out camp until fairly recently and I sympathise with those who are still unimpressed - if you look at his tenure as a whole, it’s not been great.

However he is potentially on the verge of having us finish the season in the top half and, results-wise, is finishing the season strongly which were both important criterion for me. 

I don’t think anyone can deny that it’s not dull, and that really will have to change to some degree but over the past few weeks I’ve seen a team really putting it in. We’ve looked more solid and though we’ve created a pitiful amount of chances, we’ve now got some quality in the side who can finish their dinner. I think he’s earned the right for a crack at it next season but we have to be in and around the top 3 from minute 1 next season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Which would be wrong because?

Because it's not true? Otherwise owning a football club would be easy - sign best players in league, hire any idiot as manager, get promoted. Salford would have been promoted from league 2 ages ago.