Unsworth

9 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Shouldn't matter. Shit embarrassing performance of the highest order. Fans let down abysmally.

So yes the club should stump up. 

We can pay all.Unsworths cast offs every week for doing not very much at the moment it seems.

Well I went on Saturday, spent a fortune and came back well pissed off.  I don’t expect a refund. Seen loads of shit performances on my travels over the years and no doubt will see a good  few more, but I won’t be asking for my money back after any of them. I’ll moan and groan all the way home while sinking a few beers, then move on to the next one.

Its the price of supporting a shit football team I’m afraid.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Well I went on Saturday, spent a fortune and came back well pissed off.  I don’t expect a refund. Seen loads of shit performances on my travels over the years and no doubt will see a good  few more, but I won’t be asking for my money back after any of them. I’ll moan and groan all the way home while sinking a few beers, then move on to the next one.

Its the price of supporting a shit football team I’m afraid.

Yep i don't disagree. Every home game cost me pretty much £200 with travel food drink etc and it's not been great the past 20 years or so has it!

My main point was we have not heard a whisper of an apology from anyone at the club. If I was offered a refund I'd not take it as most I would imagine, but it would have been nice to get a sincere apology for the performance and perceived lack of effort from the manager or captain or someone.

Hey ho we move on to mighty Aldershot on Saturday

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

My main point was we have not heard a whisper of an apology from anyone at the club.

This. I know that it’s not going to happen, but it would have been so refreshing if one of the senior management had done so. 
“We were abysmal, we let the fans down, we’re going to work hard to ensure it doesn’t  happen again”  or similar …

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

This. I know that it’s not going to happen, but it would have been so refreshing if one of the senior management had done so. 
“We were abysmal, we let the fans down, we’re going to work hard to ensure it doesn’t  happen again”  or similar …

The only apology I'd be interested is a very clear reaction on the pitch.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

A "proper" manager would have come out and said that.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Can't be doing with the modern trend for apologising for everything.  Actions speak louder than words.

But this doesn’t come under the category ‘apologising for everything’ does it? 

This would have been a recognition that it was an absolute disaster on the playing front - from team selection and setup, through on pitch performance to no reaction from the manager yet.

It may be that Unsworth will acknowledge the shambles in his pre match for the weekend - let’s wait and see.

I cannot be doing with the modern trend for sound bites and ignoring the fans.

25 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

But this doesn’t come under the category ‘apologising for everything’ does it? 

This would have been a recognition that it was an absolute disaster on the playing front - from team selection and setup, through on pitch performance to no reaction from the manager yet.

It may be that Unsworth will acknowledge the shambles in his pre match for the weekend - let’s wait and see.

I cannot be doing with the modern trend for sound bites and ignoring the fans.

We're not disagreeing.  I wouldn't have a problem with Unsworth saying that last Saturday was completely unacceptable.  It will probably be a good while before I get to see them again in person but I'd like t think I'd be able to see a difference.

I am a bit surprised there’s been nothing this week reporting on the defeat, not an apology as such but an acknowledgment of it being the worst possible start and a pledge that this will be rectified Come hell or high water moving forward. Nothing from the chron (times) and nothing from the club site. 
As long as we pick up at least 6 points from the next three games I’ll be relatively happy

1 minute ago, True Tic said:

I am a bit surprised there’s been nothing this week reporting on the defeat, not an apology as such but an acknowledgment of it being the worst possible start and a pledge that this will be rectified Come hell or high water moving forward. Nothing from the chron (times) and nothing from the club site. 
As long as we pick up at least 6 points from the next three games I’ll be relatively happy

Yeah, as others have said an apology means nothing without action. However at the very least I’d expect an acknowledgment that it was piss poor. 

25 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Can't guarantee that it will be rectified though can he, nobody could say such a thing.

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Can't guarantee that it will be rectified though can he, nobody could say such a thing.

That’s his Job. . . if he can’t guarantee it will improve then what’s he doing in the role? 

Sorry- not ‘guarantee’ as you are factually correct. But promise to get a reaction so things improve. 

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 1

If DU says nothing it will be treated with derision.

If DU says anything it will be treated with derision.

I am sure that directors, management and players are well aware that the performance at Southend was totally unacceptable.

On balance, I think I would rather see demonstrable action, starting this weekend, rather than listen to platitudes

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

If DU says nothing it will be treated with derision.

If DU says anything it will be treated with derision.

I am sure that directors, management and players are well aware that the performance at Southend was totally unacceptable.

On balance, I think I would rather see demonstrable action, starting this weekend, rather than listen to platitudes

Absolutely, no platitudes or apologies . Just an acknowledgment really that it wasn’t acceptable, then a demonstration in the next game that it was just a “blip” and go out and show the long suffering fans what they’ve been training for

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, disjointed said:

What about "making efforts to rectify it". 

Even you must agree that last Saturday's performance just wasn't good enough. 

Yes, that's fair, even though never sure exactly why some people are so desperate to hear such ultimately meaningless soundbites.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Yes, that's fair, even though never sure exactly why some people are so desperate to hear such ultimately meaningless soundbites.

I suppose it’s like anything really where you invest time and money , I’m talking more for the poor buggers who travelled to Southend to stay over and then get served up that. In Addition the anticipation and yes expectation that we would be provided with at the very least a reasonable display of football. Then getting on for a week of complete radio silence without so much as a nod from the manager that this Saturday and beyond will be different is odd, to me anyway. No begging on his knees for forgiveness , just yes, we WILL do better for you in future . 

• Like 2