Unsworth

5 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

But we’ve had lots of ‘this won’t happen again from one of my teams’ speeches which pacify some fans but never amounts to much, Sheridan being an example 

Yes I get that, but he’s said nothing at all, not even an explanation. And whether it makes a difference or not, it should be acknowledged. 

21 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Yes I get that, but he’s said nothing at all, not even an explanation. And whether it makes a difference or not, it should be acknowledged. 

It's hard to see what he could say after that, he makes a rod for his own back with the shite he talks, there is nothing he could say that would appease me after that shitshow last Saturday, I want action now because he's as hollow as a drum at the best of times so what he says has little credence with me, anyone in any doubt should watch his very first interview which is packed with bullshit of the highest order.

I really don't think we ask or even expect much as fans but what won't be accepted particularly at our level is a team that isn't brave enough to have a go, have some fucking balls about them and take it to the opposition, he has made some pretty basic promises I think it's about time he started delivering them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, True Tic said:

I suppose it’s like anything really where you invest time and money , I’m talking more for the poor buggers who travelled to Southend to stay over and then get served up that. In Addition the anticipation and yes expectation that we would be provided with at the very least a reasonable display of football. Then getting on for a week of complete radio silence without so much as a nod from the manager that this Saturday and beyond will be different is odd, to me anyway. No begging on his knees for forgiveness , just yes, we WILL do better for you in future . 

Your points there are spot on. As you say people spent a lot of time and money on Saturday, added to which the usual new season optimism was boosted by some decent transfer activity over the summer. Unsworth can’t guarantee 3 points v Aldershot, but he could admit that last Saturday was poor and say that at least next time the effort and application will be far better.

Edited by Worcester Owl
Typo
  • Thanks 1

In my mind, the time for apologies and promises was during the post match interview. If they didn't come then, they never will. It will be as usual, with one of the players 'reviewing' the upcoming match and how they are prepared and ready to apply themselves, probably with a brief mention of last Saturday's performance.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's hard to see what he could say after that, he makes a rod for his own back with the shite he talks, there is nothing he could say that would appease me after that shitshow last Saturday, I want action now because he's as hollow as a drum at the best of times so what he says has little credence with me, anyone in any doubt should watch his very first interview which is packed with bullshit of the highest order.

I really don't think we ask or even expect much as fans but what won't be accepted particularly at our level is a team that isn't brave enough to have a go, have some fucking balls about them and take it to the opposition, he has made some pretty basic promises I think it's about time he started delivering them.

Nothing wrong with any of that,

I'd of been chomping at the bit having made that journey and all the associated cost's.

He'll soon be reminded about it this Saturday if things are even remotely close to being as bad.

3 hours ago, Wardie said:

In my mind, the time for apologies and promises was during the post match interview. If they didn't come then, they never will. It will be as usual, with one of the players 'reviewing' the upcoming match and how they are prepared and ready to apply themselves, probably with a brief mention of last Saturday's performance.

Dickenson Pre Aldershot

et voilà! :D 

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Dickenson Pre Aldershot

et voilà! :D 

ha had just watched that IV before logging on here and was about to put same. 

I get what he’s trying to say but have to say any real arrogant driven winner who’s expecting to be up there would be saying everything that people are mentioning on here. Bad performance, needs to improve immediately, we can’t lose 2 on trot and be playing catch up, standard last week way below what we expect and need. Sounds like he’s just happy to be here 

6 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

ha had just watched that IV before logging on here and was about to put same. 

I get what he’s trying to say but have to say any real arrogant driven winner who’s expecting to be up there would be saying everything that people are mentioning on here. Bad performance, needs to improve immediately, we can’t lose 2 on trot and be playing catch up, standard last week way below what we expect and need. Sounds like he’s just happy to be here 

He probably realises there are 135 points still to play for...

28 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He probably realises there are 135 points still to play for...

he says it will take time to gel and if they aren’t near the top after a few games it isn’t end of world. U will struggle to find a champion team coming out with rhetoric like that is what I was trying to point to 

4 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

he says it will take time to gel and if they aren’t near the top after a few games it isn’t end of world. U will struggle to find a champion team coming out with rhetoric like that is what I was trying to point to 

He's right isn't he, no medals are being handed out in August.

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Anyone else feel he kind of laughed it off ? Felt like he was just passing it off and we massively over exaggerated. I’m not sure it felt a bit strange that interview to me. 

I've not actually watched it yet.
I would love to hear what Norwood has to say.

25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Probably somewhere between 1.5-2 points per game.

So about 80 points give or take. You have a lot more faith in Unsworths ability than me. If we hit 65 points we will be lucky. We ain't getting relegated but this season should be so much more. 

• Like 1

Just now, disjointed said:

So about 80 points give or take. You have a lot more faith in Unsworths ability than me. If we hit 65 points we will be lucky. We ain't getting relegated but this season should be so much more. 

He's not going to get the chance to only achieve that tally though is he, if we are off the pace come the end of September he'll be out the door.

Just now, deyres42 said:

He's not going to get the chance to only achieve that tally though is he, if we are off the pace come the end of September he'll be out the door.

That depends on DR and Frank, they seem to have a lot of patience, although that could be tested if the mood on the terraces turns. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

That depends on DR and Frank, they seem to have a lot of patience, although that could be tested if the mood on the terraces turns. 

The hysterical reaction seen since Saturday is going to come after every defeat, they could only ignore that for so long.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

The hysterical reaction seen since Saturday is going to come after every defeat, they could only ignore that for so long.

Social media is far more extreme than the terraces, I've been vocal on here about Unsworths inability to show any sign of being the right man. But I wouldn't stand on the terraces calling for his head. I'd rather give my support to the team, they need all the help they can get. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

We got 61 points last season, if we don't get 65 points this season Unsworth won't be our manager in April.