Unsworth

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Have you seen the interview Rob, fucking embarrassment that bloke.

One of the most shameful post-match interviews I've seen from any manager, and that's saying something.

He expects Chesterfield to win the league - thanks, Dave.

He didn't really see the pitch invasion.

He thinks we got the draw that we deserved.

He whinges about referees again - we know they're not the best, get on with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

One of the most shameful post-match interviews I've seen from any manager, and that's saying something.

Plenty of times managers have said they expect another team to win league. Mind games. 

• Like 1

Just now, Worcester Owl said:

He expects Chesterfield to win the league - thanks, Dave. We have 2 opportunities in a season to deny them points and we denied them 2 today. Admitting they are in stronger position than us isnt really a hot take amongst anyone is it.

He didn't really see the pitch invasion. Yeah, put yourself in avoidable hot water Dave!!!!!!

He thinks we got the draw that we deserved. Just because we set up defensively doesnt mean it wasnt an even game. On another day Norwood bags a hat trick and theres euphoria.

He whinges about referees again - we know they're not the best, get on with it. Why not say something? All 4 games this season the refs have been poor. Card happy at Southend, must have forgot his contacts against Aldershot, missed GBH against Fondop against Halifax and gives a corner after an admittedly clever foul that leads to a goal today.

The man is damned if he does, damned if he doesnt! You're telling him to say something about the pitch invasion but shut up about the refs- something that directly affects his job. 

Non of his post match interviews have been controversial in my eyes and ive largely agreed with them. Its just sections of our fanbase are determined to disect everything he says negatively.

3 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

One of the most Shameful etc? Er… slight overreaction there @Worcester Owl don’t you think?

He expects Chesterfield to win the league - so do most people.

He’s probably wiser to deflect the question about the pitch invasion as he almost certainly will have not seen the incident with their keeper.

Nothing shameful about supporting his

players in public, whether we deserved the draw or not 

The referees are bad in this league but it shouldn’t stop the justified criticism

Let’s not look to bash the manager at every turn eh?

• Like 3

We've got the best striker in the league, we have Willoughby, Reid Dickenson and Fondop. We have some good defenders and ward and lundstram to come into midfield. I'd take this squad over Chesterfields. WE should be the best team in this league and WE should "probably" win it.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

lol you are too funny

• Like 1

Just a short time from that Lemsagan era and all that  ‘all we want is our club back’. Some pathetic fans we have at our club, the minority thinking they represent the majority (arguably the proper supporters).

bit embarrassed by that lot today, again, but they won’t give a toss.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Just a short time from that Lemsagan era and all that  ‘all we want is our club back’. Some pathetic fans we have at our club, the minority thinking they represent the majority (arguably the proper supporters).

bit embarrassed by that lot today, again, but they won’t give a toss.

Too much drink, too few brain cells - and a weird sense of entitlement.

3 hours ago, Boyyou said:

Too much drink, too few brain cells - and a weird sense of entitlement.

Always do it at home if you're going to have a session 

I've only ever had two pints max if I'm out and that way I don't make an absolute twat of myself like these idiot's 

The lack of noticing it's needed or being willing to change it up if plan A isn't working is becoming a concern. We got away with it today but that's 2 games this week where we've been behind, not been creating any chances, only used 2 subs, and just carried on with more of the same 

8 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Always do it at home if you're going to have a session 

I've only ever had two pints max if I'm out and that way I don't make an absolute twat of myself like these idiot's 

Paul Cook was right that, despite the understandable euphoria of a last gasp goal, we have to stop these pitch invasions and pyro (both illegal) before someone is  hurt. 

He was also right that Latics did a good job with their tactics to frustrate and that neither side really worked the opposition 'keeper.  All in all a good point.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Boyyou said:

Paul Cook was right that, despite the understandable euphoria of a last gasp goal, we have to stop these pitch invasions and pyro (both illegal) before someone is  hurt. 

He was also right that Latics did a good job with their tactics to frustrate and that neither side really worked the opposition 'keeper.  All in all a good point.

The way things are going, we'll be back to watching game's behind bars and the older generation like myself remember how backwards that was,

Cook is no fool and it's a compliment that he recognises we had enough in the tank to get out of there with a point.

After today, we should puff out our chests and get amongst the smaller sides where points should be far easier to come by.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Getting a late equaliser against Chesterfield and invading the pitch for goodness sake 🤦‍♂️. It’s a bit embarrassing 

Yet again, I feel really sorry for Frank

He's a stand up guy with the club and towns interest at heart, they should be ashamed at how they've let him down so badly and it's he who will be footing the bill for these louts 

Edited by Littlemoor Lad
Spelling error

5 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Yet again, I feel really sorry for Frank

He's a stand up guy with the club and towns interest at heart, they should be ashamed at how they've let him down so badly and it's he who will be footing the bill for these louts 

Yes, just illustrates the measure of some so called fans 

Chesterfield and Scunthorpe are two grounds you can near enough guarantee a pitch invasion if any goals are scored.

Yes people shouldn't run on the pitch, but when you have a shite tinpot ground policed by half arsed stewards what do you expect.  Fuck em.

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

Tactics? We just kept losing the ball and then when got it back deep in our own half we’d lose it again through totally inept passing. That’s not tactics.