MATCH: Boreham Wood (A) 06/12/22

12 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Poor form though, isn't it?

"Unity" seems to be the buzz word about what the club needs to aim for and just not doing that simple gesture suggests that he thinks the fans aren't worth the effort.  You can't just acknowledge them when things are going well.  

Some people didn't get back to Oldham until 3am last night - as well as the shit football, if their support isn't appreciated, why the fuck should they do it again?

Also, the players seem to have the common decency to do it, even though they know that they'll get some verbals - so why doesn't he?

I know some some think it doesn't matter that he doesn't acknowledge the fans - I just happen to disagree and think it does.  Each to their own.

Shez always did it.  LJ always did it.  Even Bunn and Wild did it.  The Dowie fist pump at full-time back in the day was a mega moment of unity to show we're all on this journey together..

Its fine after a win or a good result but at the moment if he came over to the crowd he would get dog's abuse so I can see why he doesn't.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Its fine after a win or a good result but at the moment if he came over to the crowd he would get dog's abuse so I can see why he doesn't.

Well yeah, I get that.  The players probably think the same.

Why do you think they come over, when they know they're going to get dog's abuse?

28 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

he must have at least clapped in their general direction a couple of times. who knows tbf, based on the coverage lm suprised to see people emerging back out of the place!

I'm not particularly fussed whether he claps the fans or not, but he certainly didn't at Solihull...

11 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

I wonder where Unsworth was? And which game is Ebbrell talking about?
- certainly not the game we watched… we had two fifteen minute spells, at the start and end, where we let loose and had a go - and yes we did create chances. 
But overall we lacked belief/composure/tempo with passes and clearances constantly given away and chances not taken.
He did mention that we need to better at the back and up front… I would add ‘in the middle’ to that too 😎

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Well yeah, I get that.  The players probably think the same.

Why do you think they come over, when they know they're going to get dog's abuse?

Think there is more of an expectation that players do it than managers.

Guardiola usually legs it down the tunnel after a match and nobody seems to make a big deal out of it.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think there is more of an expectation that players do it than managers.

Guardiola usually legs it down the tunnel after a match and nobody seems to make a big deal out of it.

I'm not sure there is - in my 32 years of following Latics the managers have, generally, lead the players over.

If the manager doesn't do it, then I'm not sure I see why the players should.

27 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

He corrects himself on a few occasions in that interview saying "I" after he's said "we". 

1 hour ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Win or lose,

He's being paid good money to deliver for the club and its fan's, he owes each and every one of them some respect, falling short on that isn't an option.

I don't know about him being paid off, Frank should be on the front foot and ask for a full refund.

20 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Wow, just fucking wow!!!!!

I was there, we were feckin crap for 75 minutes and played well for ten mins after Boreham fucking wood scored 

If the management team thinks that was a good performance then we are in worse trouble than I thought 

Yep... me too. First time I`ve ever heard Ebbrell talk... and my opinion is that he is completely delusional after hearing that utter nonsense post match. It's very scary if he genuinely thinks that was a good performance.

20 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Wow, just fucking wow!!!!!

I was there, we were feckin crap for 75 minutes and played well for ten mins after Boreham fucking wood scored 

If the management team thinks that was a good performance then we are in worse trouble than I thought 

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Yep... me too. First time I`ve ever heard Ebbrell talk... and my opinion is that he is completely delusional after hearing that utter nonsense post match. It's very scary if he genuinely thinks that was a good performance.

Everyone givin shit to Unsworth calling players out publicly

Everyone calling out Ebrell for doing the opposite 

Fucking laughable 

17 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Fucking laughable 

What you on about now?

No problem with him not publicly slating players (that's bad form in my book) but all he had to say was something along the lines of, ".. we started and finished the game very brightly. What we need to do now is ensure that level of intensity for the full 90 minutes because, for the middle hour tonight, we weren't up to standard."

7 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Fucking laughable 

There's a difference between picking out individuals for criticism and commenting on the team..

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

What you on about now?

No problem with him not publicly slating players (that's bad form in my book) but all he had to say was something along the lines of, ".. we started and finished the game very brightly. What we need to do now is ensure that level of intensity for the full 90 minutes because, for the middle hour tonight, we weren't up to standard."

(Then again, if you'd actually attended the game... you'd know that.)

So sorry for not attending a game in rhe deep south whilst nursing a crippled dog and needing to be on a site in Cumbria (with said dog in tow) for 7 am the following day you monumental wanker 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

So sorry for not attending a game in rhe deep south whilst nursing a crippled dog and needing to be on a site in Cumbria (with said dog in tow) for 7 am the following day you monumental wanker 

I give up. You tend to swear a lot on here - quick to call Rick Holden an alcoholic - and then slate someone else for nicknaming DU "Henry VIII". I don't actually understand what your stance is half the time but I`ll just give up interacting as you get so personal so quickly.

No need for it.

6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I give up. You tend to swear a lot on here - quick to call Rick Holden an alcoholic - and then slate someone else for nicknaming DU "Henry VIII". I don't actually understand what your stance is half the time but I`ll just give up interacting as you get so personal so quickly.

No need for it.

No need for you to slag me off for not attending a game implying it makes my opinion invalid when you have no understanding of why I didn't.  I have severe depression and mental health issues and my dog is my life, so funnily enough looking after him overtakes Boreham fucking Wood.  Im not a huge away game attender but dont think that makes you a superior fan, my opinion is as valid as yours whether there or not 

Rick Holden, followed him for years on Facebook and as an alcoholic in recovery myself I know the signs.

I called you a wanker cos your post was one of one.  Calling Unsworth for his failings as a manager fine, calling him for his weight is not 

10 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No need for you to slag me off for not attending a game implying it makes my opinion invalid when you have no understanding of why I didn't.  I have severe depression and mental health issues and my dog is my life, so funnily enough looking after him overtakes Boreham fucking Wood.  Im not a huge away game attender but dont think that makes you a superior fan, my opinion is as valid as yours whether there or not 

Rick Holden, followed him for years on Facebook and as an alcoholic in recovery myself I know the signs.

I called you a wanker cos your post was one of one.  Calling Unsworth for his failings as a manager fine, calling him for his weight is not 

All noted and you have my sympathy. Surely though, you must understand that when you put "fucking laughable" in a reply to someone's post, they may just want to come back at you?

Anyhow, like I said my sympathies and I fully understand about your dog being your crutch - I do animal rescue work in my spare time. 

4 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

All noted and you have my sympathy. Surely though, you must understand that when you put "fucking laughable" in a reply to someone's post, they may just want to come back at you?

Anyhow, like I said my sympathies and I fully understand about your dog being your crutch - I do animal rescue work in my spare time. 

Ok

That sentence was aimed more at the broader opinion and Ive always said I am reactionary so thank you and apologies if you thought it was aimed at you 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Fucking laughable 

I certainly don’t want to join in an argument or trade insults with you Chaddy but not sure I’m happy about you including my quote and then associating it with your point

Mine is a standalone comment about the Boreham Wood game (which I was at) and I’m pretty sure the vast majority of Latics fans felt the same way….we were bang average for most of the game and only looked like scoring after they took the lead…if we had played like that the whole game we would probably have won.

When I watched Ebrell I honestly thought he must be describing a different game. It wasn’t the catastrophic away performance like Woking and Bromley but it was another Maidenhead…giving the ball away too cheaply, not enough control in midfield and almost nothing up front. 

and btw, Boreham Wood is not the Deep South, it’s up North to me 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

I certainly don’t want to join in an argument or trade insults with you Chaddy but not sure I’m happy about you including my quote and then associating it with your point

Mine is a standalone comment about the Boreham Wood game (which I was at) and I’m pretty sure the vast majority of Latics fans felt the same way….we were bang average for most of the game and only looked like scoring after they took the lead…if we had played like that the whole game we would probably have won.

When I watched Ebrell I honestly thought he must be describing a different game. It wasn’t the catastrophic away performance like Woking and Bromley but it was another Maidenhead…giving the ball away too cheaply, not enough control in midfield and almost nothing up front. 

Not wanting to trade insults, I shouldnt have quoted posts in all honesty and yes, if you were there you saw first hand.

People have called Unsworth for being honest in how some players are shite and been lambasted for it.

Ebrell seemed to have taken the opposite view - he may well be talking bollocks too but fans cant have it both ways 

11 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Changing the topic - friend of mine knows Alex Reid. Apparently the changing room at half time at Solihull was 'buzzing', and the lads thought they were well on top...

They need to put the dildos away then.... not only do we have a delusional manager we appear to have assembled a squad with similar thinking.

Archived