MATCH: Dorking Wanderers (A) 07/01/23

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get beat against this lot and we’ll be back to square one!!

Results in January are pivotal and could determine whether he stays or goes, there can be no more excuses…….

Unsworth has to start winning football matches away from home beginning tomorrow!!

Those stats…

Dorking:

Not a single league game played where it was 0-0 at halftime 

20 games played where 3 or more goals scored

McShane & Seager have scored 26 goals between them

Latics:

Yet to win away from home

14 games played where 3 or more goals scored

2 goals or more conceded in our last 5 league games

And neither team has come back to win when conceding first…😮

I’m going for 2-2 

44 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

If we do that, sack him instantly. 

Well he used the terms immense and outstanding to describe Sunday.I think that's how he wants us to play.

It's not what I'd want either I'd tolerate it if it consistently picked up wins though. This clearly hasn't happened yet.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well he used the terms immense and outstanding to describe Sunday.I think that's how he wants us to play.

It's not what I'd want either I'd tolerate it if it consistently picked up wins though. This clearly hasn't happened yet.

I fail to see what was “immense” or “outstanding” about Sunday’s display. I would describe it as a very lucky draw, thanks to two goals gifted by Notts County. Every chance that things will return to normal at Dorking, with yet another dismal display. Can’t wait. 😒

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Those stats…

Dorking:

Not a single league game played where it was 0-0 at halftime 

20 games played where 3 or more goals scored

McShane & Seager have scored 26 goals between them

Latics:

Yet to win away from home

14 games played where 3 or more goals scored

2 goals or more conceded in our last 5 league games

And neither team has come back to win when conceding first…😮

I’m going for 2-2 

Bound to be 0-0

59 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

why?

Aw! Come on Monty - not only will I have to have a free coffee I will have to endure 90 minuets of 1 striker up front and conceding a goal in the 94th minute!

(actually I am only during dry January due to medical reasons otherwise I would be first at the bar!! - 60 years supporting Laics and the first time I am offered a free pint!!!).

We haven't won a game away from home all season, and rarely looked like winning. That surely calls for a different approach. Although the ultra defensive approach may have been justified against the league leaders I'll add my voice to those that would be disappointed/angry/furious to see the same tactics at Dorking but I would also be just as unsurprised to see the same set up.

I'd be disappointed to see Peck on the right again, he was a shadow of the player he's been in the middle of the park. Might be better to play Chapman out wide, when he played on the left at Maidstone I thought that was his best game in an Oldham shirt.

1 hour ago, Millibob said:

Aw! Come on Monty - not only will I have to have a free coffee I will have to endure 90 minuets of 1 striker up front and conceding a goal in the 94th minute!

(actually I am only during dry January due to medical reasons otherwise I would be first at the bar!! - 60 years supporting Laics and the first time I am offered a free pint!!!).

the law of the sod!!!

Enjoy 😁

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

The fact he might setup like that is exactly why me and two others will not be making the trip. 

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

VPN job. Does this work on an account that has previously streamed / been setup in the U.K. ? Or does it go off location? 

goes off location so just set it for USA or some other backwards failing democracy and youre sorted 😎

Archived