MATCH: Dorking Wanderers (A) 07/01/23

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I miss the days when you were good at this. . .😂

We had Abraham, Fondop, Luamba and Rooney (who could play there) he wanted Nuttall. Wouldn’t come. He then gets Reid. Nuttall deal is suddenly back on. The decision should have been sorry- that shipped has sailed. We‘ve signed another striker now,  and I need to spend elsewhere. No. Let’s sign another striker and leave big gaps in the side, and have another needless

big wage sat on the bench. 

Rooney has played all his career as attacking midfielder/forward. Unsy has played him many times as a deep lying midfielder and he’s been shit. Because he’s out of position. . . but we don’t play a system that suits his preferred position. So he doesn’t play, and hasn’t for a while. 

Sheron is a midfielder. He was signed as a midfielder. He played he first game on Saturday in midfield, and played well because he’s a midfielder. 

I’m not going to get involved in the systems debate, because even Unsy doesn’t know what we play. But in football you generally need people to cross the ball from to time and apart from maybe tollit we have no one. 

Other than that you’re spot on. 

He played midfield v Yeovil Sheron. 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I miss the days when you were good at this. . .😂

We had Abraham, Fondop, Luamba and Rooney (who could play there) he wanted Nuttall. Wouldn’t come. He then gets Reid. Nuttall deal is suddenly back on. The decision should have been sorry- that shipped has sailed. We‘ve signed another striker now,  and I need to spend elsewhere. No. Let’s sign another striker and leave big gaps in the side, and have another needless

big wage sat on the bench. 

Rooney has played all his career as attacking midfielder/forward. Unsy has played him many times as a deep lying midfielder and he’s been shit. Because he’s out of position. . . but we don’t play a system that suits his preferred position. So he doesn’t play, and hasn’t for a while. 

Sheron is a midfielder. He was signed as a midfielder. He played he first game on Saturday in midfield, and played well because he’s a midfielder. 

I’m not going to get involved in the systems debate, because even Unsy doesn’t know what we play. But in football you generally need people to cross the ball from to time and apart from maybe tollit we have no one. 

Other than that you’re spot on. 

Abraham isn't a number 9, Fondop isn't someone to rely on for goals and Luamba is destined to be turning out for Radcliffe sooner rather than later so having two strikers with decent pedigree isn't something to beat the manager up over.

Sheron played in defence last season so presumably Harrogate didn't think much of his midfield capabilities, let's see how he gets on as and when the onus is on us to force the play.

I'd like to think there are plenty more signings to come in the Rothwell tenure so if we sign a few duds along the way then so be it.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Abraham isn't a number 9, Fondop isn't someone to rely on for goals and Luamba is destined to be turning out for Radcliffe sooner rather than later so having two strikers with decent pedigree isn't something to beat the manager up over.

Sheron played in defence last season so presumably Harrogate didn't think much of his midfield capabilities, let's see how he gets on as and when the onus is on us to force the play.

I'd like to think there are plenty more signings to come in the Rothwell tenure so if we sign a few duds along the way then so be it.

You implied we were short on striking options. Not out and out numbers 9’s. Once Reid signed- we had options. That’s all I’m saying. At right back and in wide areas we had/have very little. 

In a weak as piss midfield- Sheron sticks out a mile. He’s the only one of his type we have to play there. . . not saying he’s the answer long term. But for now- he has to play centre mid in my view. 

Frank’s backing has been amazing, and I agree there is more to come. It’s absolutely imperative it’s spent more wisely. . . 

Abraham should play on the right hes got pace to burn decent control few tricks.

Reid up front with Nuttall.

norman

kitching

hogan

clarke

clarke

tollitt

sheron

peck

abraham(s)

reid

nuttall

notable decent subs who l would defo bring on at some point fondop rooney chapman

17 hours ago, daniel said:

Must be mad, but just bought 2 tickets for this. Treating the Mrs to a day trip down south on her 1 weekend a month off. She’s even offered to drive so I can have a beer. Hopefully get to see our 1st away win in over 8 months. 

You look after that woman lad.

If she's prepared to do that for you on her only weekend off she's a keeper.

I emailed NL streaming yesterday and got a yes.

Hi, 

If you can see the game within the schedule then you should be able to see the content. 

Regards
On Fri, 6 Jan at 3:24 PM , G K wrote:
Please answer this email!!!!

I reside in the U.K but the game is in the schedule…..Can I stream this game Yes or No!

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Just dont get Nuttall and Fondop both starting, would prefer Reid.

Hopefully I am proved wrong.

352 ?

No Maxi. 

He ‘stumbled on’ 442 on NYD and thinks he may just have found a system that works for us. . . 

It means two compact banks of four and hoof it to Nuttall and Mikey to chase down. 

Archived