Wrexham away

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Red Adair said:

Looking forward to this one. Should be a good atmosphere with another 10k crowd.  Everyone got their tkts? I see your results have been a mixed bag in recent weeks and I’m expecting a close game. 

We are playing much better than when we met previously, we'll set up for a 0-0 and probably succumb when you send everyone forward in the last 15. Expect us to revert back to a 3-5-2 for this one, Sutton dropped and Shelton at full back or Sutton and Yarney switched round for one game as Sutton will get roasted otherwise.

We will lose 1-0 clapped off like heroes.

13 hours ago, Red Adair said:

Looking forward to this one. Should be a good atmosphere with another 10k crowd.  Everyone got their tkts? I see your results have been a mixed bag in recent weeks and I’m expecting a close game. 

Expecting a close game? Our captain will walk out on to the pitch before the game and make a formal presentation of the three points to you. Then after the game Unsworth will say we were brilliant and unlucky. Throughout the game he will make alarming tactical decisions and puzzling substitutions, bringing off his best players and keeping faith in the dross. Yes, you should look forward to this one.

It would be nice to see something in this game to get excited about - something different from the standard "might win, might not" Unsworth game.

I hope we have a go - like the "Typical Latics" of old. 

It's the chance for him to show that we have made genuine progress.  If he goes in with the "well, we were never going compete" attitude that he did last time, I'll be remaining very firmly in the "Unsworth Out" camp....

7 hours ago, latics59 said:

Can’t get to the game and Wrexham don’t sell programmes over the phone or online—any possibility of anyone getting one for me and posting it? Obviously happy to cover costs.

Thanks

I'll try my best, but as it's my one permitted away day piss-up of the season there is a chance I'll accidentally forget/lose it/not make the game at all....

On 3/26/2023 at 11:13 PM, Red Adair said:

Any recommendations for a family friendly pub that lets away fans in?

No Green King pubs or Carveries please.

10 hours ago, welshgaz said:

This pub is just before Wrexham (off the A483 main rd) and does great food with 6 or so real ales. Beer garden outside if weather OK.

https://www.brunningandprice.co.uk/pantyrochain/

It's an opportunity to test ourselves against the best team in the division. I'd hope it's being seen as a bit of a cup final by the management and the dressing room, and that everybody is at their best. It's also an opportunity to put right the awful performance in the FA Cup.  

On 3/26/2023 at 11:13 PM, Red Adair said:

What better incentive is there for Wrexham to get 100 points  than to win.I just hope we put up a fight and don't surrender like lambs to the slaughter in front of a packed noisy crowd.

12 hours ago, welshgaz said:

Out of interest why no green king or carveries if they sell beer and food? And what's the difference between a normal pub and a family friendly pub? 

1 hour ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Out of interest why no green king or carveries if they sell beer and food? And what's the difference between a normal pub and a family friendly pub? 

I just tend to find that Carveries sell terrible beer and lack lots of soul and character. Green King tend to run these kind of places and are the pioneers of terrible beer. The place at scunny away being the prime example.

5 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

I just tend to find that Carveries sell terrible beer and lack lots of soul and character. Green King tend to run these kind of places and are the pioneers of terrible beer. The place at scunny away being the prime example.

Shudders at the mention of that pub. 

2 hours ago, welshgaz said:

I'm not a Greene King fan either. I understand a decent pint can be had in Cambridgeshire but tis only a rumour. 

1 minute ago, Hemel latic said:

eI'm not a Greene King fan either. I understand a decent pint can be had in Cambridgeshire but tis only a rumour. 

There's plenty of it in my neck of the woods (half an hour from the brewery), and some decent stuff amongst the brands they hoovered up.  Speckled Hen in its various forms is good.  Their Hungry Horse chain makes Wetherspoons look live a three star Michelin restaurant, but the brewery and the pubs are completely separate businesses now - the brewery is owned by the Chinese

3 hours ago, GKing521 said:

We may actually stay in this game for a while, but just like the home game, I fully expect the permanent loser mentality to cost us once again.

I suggest It is you who has a permanent loser mentality!!!

3 hours ago, welshgaz said:

I agree. Plenty of GK pubs near me & decent is as good as it gets!

Archived