• This seasons kit
    • Something completely different
    • Not bothered

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Chesterfield CEO: "So, the vibe we're going for is a hit and run victim"

Puma: "On it!"

(Yes, I know it's their spire...)

Exactly. I mean, WTF. Please, NO.

As for the burgundy one, I don't mind it as much as most, but copying a City kit? Really? I'm not wearing anything that might be mistaken for the oil subsidised plastics.

21 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

everything bespoke is unique, no? asin that's what the actual word means? l probs should have duckducked that question first.

In essence, "bespoke" emphasises the customisation or personalisation aspect, while "unique" focuses on the unparalleled or distinct nature of something. While a bespoke item can be unique due to its tailor-made characteristics, not all unique items are necessarily bespoke, as they may be distinct without customisation or personalisation.

31 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

In essence, "bespoke" emphasises the customisation or personalisation aspect, while "unique" focuses on the unparalleled or distinct nature of something. While a bespoke item can be unique due to its tailor-made characteristics, not all unique items are necessarily bespoke, as they may be distinct without customisation or personalisation.

l sometimes pine for the education l was so cruelly denied (by myself) 🤣🤣

well booo bc l thought it meant something built from scratch.

theres another Football word that l can't remember. its on boots and people say it in the media thinking it means mega, however lve always taken it mean proper shit 99 times and then mega once.

makes me laugh, please tell me the internectionary won't deny me this one too...

5 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

ChatGPT that :chubb:

l still reckon lm right. if something is bespoke then it is custom, therefore if its is custom it must be unique. especially in 'stuff you wear' a bespoke suit wouldnt be like anybody elses, so a 'bespoke design' wont be like anybody elses. this third kit isnt bespoke.

its more likely the usage has changed, like the other word lve still not remembered..

In short, bespoke refers to customization while unique refers to unparalleled distinctiveness.

Chat GPT can't be wrong...can it? so stick the OAFC badge on it...there you go, Bespoke

Edited by Lags

On 6/24/2023 at 2:59 AM, Lags said:

In short, bespoke refers to customization while unique refers to unparalleled distinctiveness.

Chat GPT can't be wrong...can it? so stick the OAFC badge on it...there you go, Bespoke

Chat GPT screwed up an SQL for me and I updated 3000 inventory items incorrectly. 3000 manual one-at-a-time corrections and almost as many minutes later, I vowed never to use that confounded crap again.

Until I found a cybernetic hand in the skip at work...

Edited by L1onheartNew

4 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Better if we had blue sleeves too, as that was what the “traditional “ kit had. 
Anyway it’s too late to influence now so fingers crossed that it’s something that a good proportion of us can approve of. 

I just hope it's not a copy of many other clubs.

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I just hope it's not a copy of many other clubs.

So you don't want bespoke, you want a copy of a Germany kit. But you don't want us to copy another clubs shirt?