MATCH: Maidenhead United (H) 15/04/23

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We'll win, it'll be a crap game and Peter Clarke will do alright against the carthorses Maidenhead have up front, thus prompting a clamour for him to be given a new deal...

Maidenhead have a lad up front, Emile Acquah, who has scored 13 this season. He is 22 years old and 6’3” tall - he played for England C recently and looked a handful.

Carthorse? I’m not sure you would describe him thus.

I remember when your posts were informative and incisive - can we have the old @Lee Sinnott back please?

21 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Maidenhead have a lad up front, Emile Acquah, who has scored 13 this season. He is 22 years old and 6’3” tall - he played for England C recently and looked a handful.

I remember when your posts were informative and incisive - can we have the old @Lee Sinnott back please?

I've seen him play numerous times. He's a carthorse...

4 hours ago, Bender said:

image.png

Referee: Simpson, Scott
Assistant Referee: Davies, Reece
Assistant Referee: Smith, Daniel
Fourth Official: Rushworth, Stephen

Pedantry alert !!

Our top scorer is Fondop, both in league games (9) and all comps (11). Just saying......

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Does he out-muscle defenders? 😟

:peepwall:

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

seems a pretty legit call tbf l mite betbuild it

I'm expecting an ugly, dour low-scoring win.

But there's no excuse for us not to be looking to overrun a part time team in the bottom half of the league at home.  That might make me "entitled" but that is the standard that we should be setting for next season.

I’ll be leaving for the game in just over an hour… when I was online putting my e/w bet (*) on the Grand National, I was offered a free £1 bet…

I put it on us to win 4-1 and got 40-1 which means I’ve lost a quid…

(*) what did I back in the National I hear you ask… The Big Dog obvs 😉

8 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Looks like nuttalls season is done did not look great last week when he went off should we not be giving the youngsters ago instead of the old brigade on the bench... 

Totally agree, weird naming a bench full of dossers.

Only just clicked that we're playing the team two points behind us and not the one bottom of the league.

Dour win or disappointing draw, I reckon.

Beers in the sun more tempting than driving over to watch this.  Roll on next season..

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I’ll be leaving for the game in just over an hour… when I was online putting my e/w bet (*) on the Grand National, I was offered a free £1 bet…

I put it on us to win 4-1 and got 40-1 which means I’ve lost a quid…

(*) what did I back in the National I hear you ask… The Big Dog obvs 😉

Is Aldaniti still running?

11 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

Promising first half that. More entertaining than we've been in a long time.

Maidstone are really shocking, we should be out of sight.

Our standards and expectancy have dropped alarmingly.

l

Archived