MATCH: Maidenhead United (H) 15/04/23

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a snoozefest. How Rooney was taken off and how Shelton has completed 90 minutes is beyond me. Yarney MOTM for me. Reid did well although really poor touch at one point when clean through again. Sambou did well again. Sheron usual solid self. Sutton fish out of water when anyone runs at him. Kitching was steady. Hogan was OK. Green had a good game as well. 

Christ there has to be a huge improvement next season, we haven’t even got the nucleus of a decent side…..most of this lot cannot play the game and it beggars belief they’re actually getting paid to do so!!

Ist touch, movement, speed of thought and general awareness is almost non existent .

We won today only because Maidenhead were worse by some distance. 

I left 15 minutes early today as I was bored shitless. Got my season ticket yesterday out of blind faith and support for the Rothwell’s but I cannot watch another season of this garbage!

15 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I don't get the dislike for Shelton, he shows for the ball every time we are in possession, he supports the defence ably. Yes we could get better but that goes for every position on the pitch. 

His passing is terrible. No composure. Hoofs it or gives it away more than not. Needs to improve massively. 

Great goal  by Reid who works hard and ,bar injury ,should do well next season.Green again is a wizard.Good signing and excites the crowd.. We should have put more past a poor opposition Their keeper was gash.Only downside for me is why we play tippy tippy in defence which invites trouble from their forwards. Rooney was class again  as well as Yarney.A win is a win though.

A very subdued affair. If Maidenhead need to scrap for points to survive they'll drop. Latics with poor final ball but relatively comfy.

I was a bit disappointed a relatively unknown youngster wasn't given a chance to be part of first team matchday. It's not like we need to know what Hope/Gardner/Chapman can do ahead of potential renewals (I'd favour none re-signing) but I guess Unsworth already feels like he's got to scrap results to stop further fan unrest as he's unable to provide "good"  all guns blazing end of season football.

25 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I don't get the dislike for Shelton, he shows for the ball every time we are in possession, he supports the defence ably. Yes we could get better but that goes for every position on the pitch. 

He shows for the ball alongside our centre halves, not in a more advanced position, and merely gives the ball back to them instead of looking forward.

Archived