Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

7 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

It was a reference to time zones. If you lived in a sensible one, you'd find out on Monday with the rest of us. 

yeah but he lives in the future so he could find out today if he wanted.

if we havent signed anybody by this time l tomoro lm gona come on 'ere n discuss it with Lion where it will be tuesday but he cuda known sunday, however it will be monday for me. thing is Lion mite not see it til wednesday..

1 minute ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Schrodinger's ACT?

theres a joke somewhere where l misspell Schrodinger and leave out the cat/act part to make it obvs that the misspelling was down to hypothetical joke dyslexia but l cant be arsed to account for possible outrage if l used the word mong.

or sumat along those lines, lve had a strange day!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

yeah but he lives in the future so he could find out today if he wanted.

if we havent signed anybody by this time l tomoro lm gona come on 'ere n discuss it with Lion where it will be tuesday but he cuda known sunday, however it will be monday for me. thing is Lion mite not see it til wednesday..

My mother in law genuinely rang her son in Malta at half time to get the full time score of a televised match. 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

My mother in law genuinely rang her son in Malta at half time to get the full time score of a televised match. 

aye my Grandma kept my Grandad away from the phones in such circumstances even tho it wouldnt even have crossed his mind to ring anybody about anything ever so long as he was with her (awww).

later in life she slipped up when in a diff time zone (vs Brasil in the QF Ronaldinho free kick) she was wondering whether it would be best to let me know in case the result had a predictively over exaggerated impact on me when it happened in my time zone!!!

10 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Dorothy Paget, owner of Golden Miller who won the Cheltenham Gold Cup three times in the 1930s was allowed by her bookie to bet on the days racing in the evening.  Fair to say she didn't back many winners!

9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

aye my Grandma kept my Grandad away from the phones in such circumstances even tho it wouldnt even have crossed his mind to ring anybody about anything ever so long as he was with her (awww).

later in life she slipped up when in a diff time zone (vs Brasil in the QF Ronaldinho free kick) she was wondering whether it would be best to let me know in case the result had a predictively over exaggerated impact on me when it happened in my time zone!!!

And did it?

8 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

One player of those offered contracts seemingly not staying with Junior Luamba off to Barnsley as per @Lee Sinnott - stops the 'he's got potential' brigade and presume we get some money/sell on for offering him a contract

If he’s going to Barnsley he has the best agent in the history of the game 

he can prove me wrong as much as Cameron Burgess and Ben Garrity but bar goal at (Gillingham? ) he’s be woeful in the first team and that miss against Salford on Relegation day was release worthy on its own 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, samgoafc said:

One player of those offered contracts seemingly not staying with Junior Luamba off to Barnsley as per @Lee Sinnott - stops the 'he's got potential' brigade and presume we get some money/sell on for offering him a contract

Not sure we get anything. Offered a deal, rejected it, out of existing contract June 30 and then free to go where he wants.

12 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Not sure we get anything. Offered a deal, rejected it, out of existing contract June 30 and then free to go where he wants.

Under 24 so compensation due if we offered a contract to him at least equal to previous terms. (Assuming this still applies in the National League).