Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

25 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I’d withdraw the offer immediately and get a replacement in….he’s not Maldini!!

Exactly, i mean what’s he actually after  , sounds like the goalposts have been moved aswell according Unsworth. Was it someone on here who said Orient were after him? Could have dreamt it 

1 hour ago, samgoafc said:

As feared as per Oldham Times - Yarney isn't our player next season and while there is an offer on the table still, it seems like he (likely mainly his agent) is trying to rinse us and corroborates with previous rumours about him wanting to be the highest earner and his agent being in his ear.

Presume Hobson will be his replacement next season and that he will pitch up at somewhere like Accrington, Orient I presume https://t.co/peRCVtuSZr

It’s rumoured that he’s going to the over payed players at Salford, which their stadium has an atmosphere probably on a par to a cemetery . We don’t want that type of character at the club. I am surprised that Frank has not already told him to sod off, or something a bit stronger. 

26 minutes ago, davidwilde said:

It’s rumoured that he’s going to the over payed players at Salford, which their stadium has an atmosphere probably on a par to a cemetery . We don’t want that type of character at the club. I am surprised that Frank has not already told him to sod off, or something a bit stronger. 

I'd be happy to get one or two of theirs in return, if he wants the move why stand in his way?, not sure where we stand transfer fee wise but as the signing of Hobson shows there are plenty of quality players out there who do want to play for us.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Good luck to the lad if he wants to play in front of 1200 at Salford. Personally I'd be changing agents instead of clubs.

If I had an agent who got me an extra £500 a week I don't think I'd be in a hurry to get rid?

• Like 3

Lads his ask was mental money. We went half way.

Our offer is pulled no matter what Oldham Times says.

People talking about tranfer fees, we don't want him and aren't extending his contract. He's gone.

He's struggled to put firm roots down and to achieve something. This was his chance to build an actual career. He's not been tearing down any trees in football. Personalyl, I think he's been a bit stupid. We were offering stability.

Never mind. It's a buyers market. Just a shame we didn't move for Jameson when had the chance...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

It's a shame. Would've liked him to stay and been integral to a promotion-winning team.

Still, it won't be the first or last time a player decides to go for the money elsewhere. We move on.

Correct we move on

1 minute ago, Lags said:

It was mentioned in the Yarney update the other day.  Apparently the contract signed with the 12 month option couldn't be ratified due to it.

ah l had a day off must have missed it, so no fee then.

the guy is a bellend.

Hobson is better, such a down to earth kind of guy. maybe too nice but we can work on that and/or just carry one such personality along for the ride. it takes all sorts to make a team.

squad.

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

ah l had a day off must have missed it, so no fee then.

the guy is a bellend.

Hobson is better, such a down to earth kind of guy. maybe too nice but we can work on that and/or just carry one such personality along for the ride. it takes all sorts to make a team.

squad.

Uncertainty over Joe Yarney's future at Oldham Athletic | The Oldham Times

• Thanks 1