Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The club is the most positive it's been for a while and some people are just absolutely desperate to find negatives. And I'm not even particularly a fan of Unsworth. 

What are you talking about Guy? 😂

Everyone knows we’re looking good. 

Tonight there was a forum, and fans are chatting about it- that’s it. 

The weird thing to me is the amount of people saying there is an agenda or constant moaning or are desperate to find negatives - all because the manager is spouting shite at a forum. 

The fans and Unsworth both know we need a right back and to use the loan market. They turn up at an event to talk about it, and say everything without saying anything. Which is pointless. It’s no more than that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The weird thing to me is the amount of people saying there is an agenda or constant moaning or are desperate to find negatives - all because the manager is spouting shite at a forum. 

The fans and Unsworth both know we need a right back and to use the loan market. They turn up at an event to talk about it, and say everything without saying anything. Which is pointless. It’s no more than that. 

Get over it. Bit of a money spinner. No questions on transfer dealings that may be in the pipeline are likely to be answered openly and honestly for very obvious reasons (to anyone other than you and a couple of others)

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Some of the posters on here could've fooled me tonight. One of them has given up on promotion already because Unsworth might start Sutton at right back

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

I just don’t get it. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Did you enjoy the forum? 

Yeah, great night. Unsworth completely contradicted himself and deflected. 

All managers do this. They specifically avoid committing to something they can be crucified for down the line. Getting riled because he hasn’t given a binary answer is weird behaviour.

FWIW the fans forum wasn’t for me. I could pick out the detail from Suzanne’s live feed. I think they’re fine. Fans have been screaming for more transparency, and then get miffed when a question is (rightly) skirted. I mean, the question about what formation he will play was complete idiocy. 

• Like 7

the forum reaction to yesterdays concerted attempt by a minority of users to be overly negative must surely be viewed as progress!!

casually washing away their negativity in a calming wave of sensible posts rubbishing their hysterical nonsense.

it has been discussed on the pod and alluded to by the club that such misery bathing is unhealthy and must stop if we want the club to grow. we are clearly doing our bit, we just need the team to back us up now..

• Like 4

Well done DU for keeping his cards close to his chest with regards to players signings. 

Did some people honestly think he was going to give out potential new signings names in a public forum.

We really do have some amount of duckles following our club at times. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, daniel said:

Stop talking sense. 
We as fans deserve to know everything that is happening, everyone we’re interested in signing and how much they earn. 

It's the world of social media it makes arguements very tribal and people would rather double down on a point of view even though the evidence doesn't support it. Rather than say actually we probably need to change our minds on this issue.

The most extreme example of this (and I'm not comparing like for like here) is Donald Trump and his supporters 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's the world of social media it makes arguements very tribal and people would rather double down on a point of view even though the evidence doesn't support it. Rather than say actually we probably need to change our minds on this issue.

The most extreme example of this (and I'm not comparing like for like here) is Donald Trump and his supporters 

agreed. the most extreme lve seen is lve personally lost two friends to russian nazi propaganda. theyre actually decent people too its been quite heart wrenching 😞

I can't believe the number of ostriches on here. Wake up.

We've not won in over two months. We still don't have a right back and last time out the manager played Peter Clarke up front ahead of Forshaw even though he scored 2,000 goals against Carlisle's under 9 team. We're above Oxford fucking City on alphabetical order (marginally at that) and you all think it's fine.

Madness.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Get over it. Bit of a money spinner. No questions on transfer dealings that may be in the pipeline are likely to be answered openly and honestly for very obvious reasons (to anyone other than you and a couple of others)

I’m. Going. To . Say. It . Slowly. Just. for. You. 

Are you sitting comfortably? 

It’s got nothing to with explicitly saying anything- no one has said that or suggested that or thought that . And people like you can’t get that  into your head so you make stuff up and defend a point that isn’t being made. 

The club invited fans to a forum. 

Then on the playing side just say platitudes. ( I understand why) 

Waste of time. 

7 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

All managers do this. They specifically avoid committing to something they can be crucified for down the line.

No one is asking him to do that Frank. 

7 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Fans have been screaming for more transparency, and then get miffed when a question is (rightly) skirted.

Exactly- but with on the field we can’t have it can we. So there is little point. 

If the forum is about the club and a catch up with Frank and board - great. 

But we never get anywhere with on the pitch. It’s like listening to a post match presser - it’s all politics. (For obvious reasons) 

31 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Waste of time.

But that's perspective led, isn't it. It wasn't for you, but others enjoyed it. I think the reason people are getting their back up is because your stance is so emphatic.

Were the answers given 100% transparent - no. Were the answers given 100% opaque/lies - no. So, somewhere in the middle is reality and different people will move up/down the line as to how much they are willing to accept those answers and how much they are willing to enjoy them.  People spent a couple of hours doing something they enjoyed. You didn't like the answer to one or two questions.

It's perfectly OK for you to not like it, it's perfectly OK they did. 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’m. Going. To . Say. It . Slowly. Just. for. You. 

Are you sitting comfortably? 

It’s got nothing to with explicitly saying anything- no one has said that or suggested that or thought that . And people like you can’t get that  into your head so you make stuff up and defend a point that isn’t being made. 

Then on the playing side just say platitudes. ( I understand why) 

Waste of time. 

yesterday you were raging at the managers answers over this. today you are merely raging at the holding of the forum whilst simultaneously acknowledging (theres no way lve spelt that right 🤣) that you now understand the managers answers and suggesting we rename the Fans Forum as a catchup with Frank. this clearly shows it is you who needs the slow explaining and that you are fully aware of this fact!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

No Bob. 

I expect him to be honest about areas he wants to strengthen without talking absolute nonsense. 

So, your boss is looking to strengthen ( really replace you) your position in the company, but wants the one he feels is best. So until he gets this body under contract he makes out you're good enough. What's wrong with that?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

People need to stop taking everyone he says literally. Last Q&A with Unsy and he categorically stated we weren’t singing Willoughby.

Chill the fuck out.

Will lying ever regain the stigma it once carried or are we too far gone? 

The biggest thing I took from the forum last night was alluded to by both GU & LH. The players now are getting a great vibe from the feel good factor at the club. Building a togetherness and wanting that to spill over into the stands. They both clearly stated that will indeed top up their performances on the pitch and create a snowball effect to winning matches, riding high in the league.

It's up to us.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

Fans aren’t stupid, they want to ask him questions to very obvious issues in the team or his own comments. 

Saying we’re not looking at loans when he has said several times he will be doing is disingenuous and patronising to his own fans. 

Saying Sutton is more than good enough for right back. Isn’t cute to protect a target. It makes him him look deluded or stupid. 

Worse than that the poor lad looked shell shocked at times last season.

He could ruin a promising career if he's seriously thinking of playing him there again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

He could ruin a promising career if he's seriously thinking of playing him there again. 

Well he’s not good enough to be a starting CB either so it’s either FB or he doesn’t play. 🤷‍♂️ 

24 minutes ago, Lags said:

So, your boss is looking to strengthen ( really replace you) your position in the company, but wants the one he feels is best. So until he gets this body under contract he makes out you're good enough. What's wrong with that?

l dont think he is looking to replace Sutton, in fact the opposite. l feel he is looking to develop him and lm excited to see it happen

3 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Well he’s not good enough to be a starting CB either so it’s either FB or he doesn’t play. 🤷‍♂️ 

He's played pretty well there previously in the league above.

Good age, upward trajectory, not 30+ & here for a payday AND one of our own - play him and let him settle in & grow.  

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

youre really not getting this dont take managers too seriously are you?

do you even like Football?

are you new to the sport or something?