Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

what he actually said is that we would be looking for a third time loan,  somebody ready and proven to go straight in to a promotion chasing team. whereas the types of loan available to division 5 clubs are first time loans, untested at any first team level.

2 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

Problem is that our local premier clubs are classed as "big clubs" so unlikely to see anyone over 18 ( or consequently any use to us ) making the trip to BP.  

Loanee from dirty leeds is then 😉😂

Burnley are reasonably local, although we have had a couple of duds from them over the years and their academy isn’t exactly a breeding ground of top talent. 

8 minutes ago, philsalt said:

Burnley are reasonably local, although we have had a couple of duds from them over the years and their academy isn’t exactly a breeding ground of top talent. 

But we're not interested in academy players anyway.  I'd have thought the best we might get is something like a L1 player who has been injured and lost his place.  Unsworth mentioned, I think, a player who might be on his third loan spell but how many of those are there that are any good and still being dropped as far as our level?  If they've done well in this league before I'd imagine they would get a gig a bit higher up.

16 minutes ago, philsalt said:

not interested tbh lets keep up this mad idea of signing our own players

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

This Norwood rumour seems to have legs. Weirdly, I've got a hunch that Willoughby will be the one to make way, based on nothing but the fact he seems to be 4th choice at present...

So do you think signing Willoughby was a dropped bollock?

Experience in each area of the pitch would be extremely advantageous!

But having said that, why on earth would Norwood choose to come here?it makes absolutely no sense at all!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

So do you think signing Willoughby was a dropped bollock?

Experience in each area of the pitch would be extremely advantageous!

But having said that, why on earth would Norwood choose to come here?it makes absolutely no sense at all!

I've only seen him play for 45 mins so don't know if he is or isn't a dropped bollock. Seems to be 4th choice as things currently stand so, if we were to sign Norwood, then I can't imagine Willoughby would be happy being 5th choice.

Norwood would come here for one reason and one reason only - if we offer him huge money. The Barnsley and Wrexham (not sure why they're involved) fans seem to think he might be heading here. It would be bizarre, but maybe if the money is right, he'll fancy one last payday...

Seems to be 4th choice asthings currently stand so, if we were to sign Norwood, then I can't imagine Willoughby would be happy being 5th choice.

I believe we were chasing Willoughby for a while and thought we’d missed out and then Unsworth was delighted when he got an unexpected phone call.

He said he wanted players who were  better than we already had and so as one of Unsworth’s main targets you would have expected him to have been the 1st name on the team sheet…….very strange!

Surely if we were to sign Norwood that would be on a par, if not better than chesterfield signing will grigg. Barnsley fans reckon he’ll get 20+ goals this season and that’s in league one. He would be looking to do some serious damage in this league, but he would also be looking for some serious money. He’s not going to come cheap, especially if we have to outbid Wrexham.

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Seems to be 4th choice asthings currently stand so, if we were to sign Norwood, then I can't imagine Willoughby would be happy being 5th choice.

I believe we were chasing Willoughby for a while and thought we’d missed out and then Unsworth was delighted when he got an unexpected phone call.

He said he wanted players who were  better than we already had and so as one of Unsworth’s main targets you would have expected him to have been the 1st name on the team sheet…….very strange!

It would be strange. Might not even happen and, like I said, it's just a hunch based on the game time the 4 strikers have had throughout pre-season...

Willoughby is a strange one, even taking away us being linked with more strikers why would you chase the lad for months, get it over the line then leave him on the bench getting splinters in his arse for the vast majority of pre season when any man and his dog whose watched him before can tell you he's a confidence player who thrives on game time?.

He's by far the best finisher on our books and would of buried sitters that Nuttall and Reid missed on Saturday, he can also play as a lone striker occupying two centrehalfs and sacrificing himself so the midfield can get a foot on the game, this is one of his main attributes yet Unsworth hasn't even played him in the role in case the fans give him shit for not playing 4-4-fucking 2.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Norwood would come here for one reason and one reason only - if we offer him huge money. 

It's an easier job too.

And one that should be very enjoyable if he's banging in shitloads of goals in a promotion chasing team in front of decent, adoring crowds.

I always wonder how often that's all a factor with players who drop down.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

Surely if we were to sign Norwood that would be on a par, if not better than chesterfield signing will grigg. Barnsley fans reckon he’ll get 20+ goals this season and that’s in league one. He would be looking to do some serious damage in this league, but he would also be looking for some serious money. He’s not going to come cheap, especially if we have to outbid Wrexham.

If he scores 20+ goals, passes on his nouse to the younger lads and plays an integral part in us going up he'll be very cheap.

Profitable.

It's the shit players who work out costly. 

35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Willoughby is a strange one, even taking away us being linked with more strikers why would you chase the lad for months, get it over the line then leave him on the bench getting splinters in his arse for the vast majority of pre season when any man and his dog whose watched him before can tell you he's a confidence player who thrives on game time?.

He's by far the best finisher on our books and would of buried sitters that Nuttall and Reid missed on Saturday, he can also play as a lone striker occupying two centrehalfs and sacrificing himself so the midfield can get a foot on the game, this is one of his main attributes yet Unsworth hasn't even played him in the role in case the fans give him shit for not playing 4-4-fucking 2.

You can only assume he hasn't come up to scratch in training or something along those lines.

3 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Didn’t Unsworth bring John Rooney in and then banish him.

Raved about Timmy and then bombed him out as well.

Diabolical what he is looking like doing to Willoughby but he seems to have form for it

Rooney banished himself with attitude. Timmy he tried his best with but over time we all saw he was too rash.

Willoughby we are all jumping to conclusions based on limited game time. which l have to say is on my concerns list!!

1 minute ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Diabolical what he is looking like doing to Willoughby but he seems to have form for it

Rooney spit his dummy out and was left out.

Timmy - manager spoke supporting words for one of his players, hardly raved about him.

Willoughby hasn't set the world on fire when played and looks a little overweight to me.

5 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Not like any other football manager has done the same. Perhaps we should’ve stuck with Rooney and his shocking attitude which would’ve gone down well with the rest of the squad, and played Timmy No Goals instead.
“Diabolical”. Season hasn’t started yet. Cool your jets.

• Like 2