Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

49 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Had enough cash from ALMO?? 🤣

It says a lot when after Scholes left the only person they could find to manage the team was a rookie who had no first team managerial experience and after a couple of months even he fucked off!!

No, enough cash of his own that he wasn't desperate enough to do whatever he was told. He could risk being sacked by saying a big FU to their interference. He chose not to

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

No, enough cash of his own that he wasn't desperate enough to do whatever he was told. He could risk being sacked by saying a big FU to their interference. He chose not to

He didn't need the shit, they made assurances, then they went back on that and he walked. Pretty straight forward really even for you that one.

Anyone who still continues to blame any manager under Corney or Abdallah is just stupid, both ran the place as a cesspit with the likes of shitpeas in tow, only manager to do anything in a decade which went against the grain was Lee Johnson and he couldn't wait for Corney to cash him in.

We've had some good men manage/coach at the club who really never had a chance and as someone has already pointed out Pete Wild turned it down when it was probably his dream job at the time.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He didn't need the shit, they made assurances, then they went back on that and he walked. Pretty straight forward really even for you that one.

Anyone who still continues to blame any manager under Corney or Abdallah is just stupid, both ran the place as a cesspit with the likes of shitpeas in tow, only manager to do anything in a decade which went against the grain was Lee Johnson and he couldn't wait for Corney to cash him in.

We've had some good men manage/coach at the club who really never had a chance and as someone has already pointed out Pete Wild turned it down when it was probably his dream job at the time.

Agree with you. But Scholes, if he really wanted to, could have done whatever he wanted with team selection etc. That doesn't mean they didn't interfere.

Other managers I can understand towing the line

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Agree with you. But Scholes, if he really wanted to, could have done whatever he wanted with team selection etc. That doesn't mean they didn't interfere.

Other managers I can understand towing the line

Thing is when you go to work and you are a multi millionaire respected the world over as well as probably working for fuck all you're just not gonna put up with some clueless clown telling you how to do your job particularly if you've already warned him to keep his fucking beak out, I've met Paul a couple of times and he just isn't going to put up with that sort of shit.

39 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

And me. It nearly broke me....I still carry his picture around. Second best striker ever.

You win.

I now have a mental image of CSI Bogota rummaging through the wreckage of a light plane Crash. White powder everywhere with the charred edges of a signed picture of Stainrod sticking out, fluttering in the breeze.

It's the opening credits for the show. Daltrey singing the opening lines of behind blue eyes before belting out the rock part as the camera pans away from the picture of Stainrod.

At the end of the credits Bigfatjoe Juan always removes his flat cap saying eyup gringo

Edited by L1onheartNew

7 hours ago, JoeP said:

In spite of the shitshow - Scholes ain't a manager. As he proved here and as he proved hereafter...

Scholes was only given the job for publicity and it was obvious from the very start, he was a lame duck,

At what point now would he ever be offered the same position? It just wouldn't happen at any level!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Scholes was only given the job for publicity and it was obvious from the very start, he was a lame duck,

At what point now would he ever be offered the same position? It just wouldn't happen at any level!

Saudi Arabia?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Thing is when you go to work and you are a multi millionaire respected the world over as well as probably working for fuck all you're just not gonna put up with some clueless clown telling you how to do your job particularly if you've already warned him to keep his fucking beak out, I've met Paul a couple of times and he just isn't going to put up with that sort of shit.

But he'll suck his daughters toes. Go figure 🤣🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Yeah it was for publicity but by the club.  I bet they pushed for it more than he did. 

Why the fuck would he need the publicity?

23 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Yeah it was for publicity but by the club.  I bet they pushed for it more than he did. 

Why the fuck would he need the publicity?

Who said anything about publicity for Scholes?

Read it again matey,

The guy was a decent midfielder for manure but was totally clueless as far as anything to do with Latics was concerned, I wouldn't pay him in washers!

2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Who said anything about publicity for Scholes?

Read it again matey,

The guy was a decent midfielder for manure but was totally clueless as far as anything to do with Latics was concerned, I wouldn't pay him in washers!

Yeah that's my point.  The club pushed to have him as manager for their own benefit.  I can't imagine he was banging on door begging for a job.  For that reason he can't be blamed for not having his heart in it.

On 8/3/2023 at 7:58 PM, bigfatjoe1 said:

I really enjoyed the lockdown season. Kewell-Ball was very entertaining at times. Great forward line of Maceleny, Rowe and Dearnley. Also, possibly the worst defence I've ever seen. I mean, they were shocking. We scored more and conceded more than anyone else.

I think we were joint top scorers with Exeter, who caught us on the last day. I followed a tip from a poster and had few quid on us to be top scorers (no e/w available). I was more than a bit miffed.

On 8/3/2023 at 10:03 PM, longtimeblue said:

Scholes did nothing wrong.

Apart from not win games. I don't think AL would have sacked him but as Scholes only won 1 game, his first with essentially Pete Wild's team I wasn't exactly that bothered he left.

After he left Pete Wild won the next 3 games and was unbeaten in 6.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Apart from not win games. I don't think AL would have sacked him but as Scholes only won 1 game, his first with essentially Pete Wild's team I wasn't exactly that bothered he left.

After he left Pete Wild won the next 3 games and was unbeaten in 6.

We'll never know now but with the right support he could have done well for us - lost 3 games 2 of which were Lincoln and Bury who finished 1st and 2nd. Need to look forward now and hope DU does well otherwise we could yet see a return for Pete Wild.