Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

29 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

I think if we're serious about challenging at the top end this season, Sutton shouldn't be starting, at least not yet. He's got potential and I know he's mostly playing out of position but I still don't think he's at this level yet.

Despite the discord with Raglan and Hogan with some, no way is Sutton ready to become our best centre half. 

The lads a trier for sure but not what a to top challenging side should be classing as a shoe in.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

So how does he get there then? Not seen a lot about the 'B' team- is that still a thing?

Being around the squad and learning from the likes of Hogan and raglan is no bad thing. But at some point I'd be looking for loan opportunities for him. Unfortunately because of the squad situation he's probably needed at the minute as cover for RB/CB...

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Despite the discord with Raglan and Hogan with some, no way is Sutton ready to become our best centre half. 

The lads a trier for sure but not what a to top challenging side should be classing as a shoe in.

Disagree, he will be the next Harry Vaughan in moving higher if we arent careful.

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

He has potential, he's done a decent job when in the team and that is when he's being asked to play in unfamiliar roles, he's 20 and when brought in last year we did significantly better with him in the team, 36 points from 20 games which equates to about 82 over a season, of course he gets done at times and makes mistakes but he'll get better for it and in my opinion is a saleable asset, of course he isn't a shoe in but in Hobson and Sutton I feel we have two of the best young centrehalfs in the division, both love to defend but have ability on the ball.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Hobson and Sutton at DC for me, if others go the lad from Curzon Ashton would fit the bill.

No chance Surton plays over Hogand and Raglan. You play your best available. That he is not. Potential to do better, not there yet. If we sell him for decent amount with sell ons like Vaughan, I don't see the issue

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Agents dictate, the days of using your own eyes appear gone.

Why sign players who can't have been watched over the last 12 months when you have no idea if they are match fit or capable anymore?

If someone has played at a good level but been injured, why would you NOT sign them and let them get up to match fitness if they're going to be good enough? 

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He has potential, he's done a decent job when in the team and that is when he's being asked to play in unfamiliar roles, he's 20 and when brought in last year we did significantly better with him in the team, 36 points from 20 games which equates to about 82 over a season, of course he gets done at times and makes mistakes but he'll get better for it and in my opinion is a saleable asset, of course he isn't a shoe in but in Hobson and Sutton I feel we have two of the best young centrehalfs in the division, both love to defend but have ability on the ball.

Sorry, I didn't think the 2nd half of last season counted

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

No chance Surton plays over Hogand and Raglan. You play your best available. That he is not. Potential to do better, not there yet. If we sell him for decent amount with sell ons like Vaughan, I don't see the issue

If someone has played at a good level but been injured, why would you NOT sign them and let them get up to match fitness if they're going to be good enough? 

Sorry, I didn't think the 2nd half of last season counted

You been on the sauce or something? 🤔

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Disagree, he will be the next Harry Vaughan in moving higher if we arent careful.

I hope you're right for his sake. Harry Vaughan hasn't made it yet. Yes he's got his move and in the championship, made it? Not quite yet

11 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Here are the pertinent paragraphs …

From The Oldham Times:

“Unsworth is working on ways to encourage an upturn in form, including making signings - and making space for them with player exits from the current squad.
Asked whether making further signings was an option, Unsworth said: "Absolutely. There'll be players leaving - at least three or four leaving - and hopefully a couple more coming in."

Of the time frame anticipated on the transfer movement, the Latics boss added: "Maybe (this) week, but it might be the week after."

🤔

More Unsworth bull shit.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

The link says Dundee rather than United.  Scottish football may not be at an all time high but I'd say their top flight is a rather higher grade than where we are.

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The link says Dundee rather than United.  Scottish football may not be at an all time high but I'd say their top flight is a rather higher grade than where we are.

l get that this sits just outside your paramiters (another word lve probs never written before 😂) but l reckon Notts County would beat St Johnstone

16 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So we won't release anyone and bring new ones in?

It wouldn’t surprise me if this talk is off the top of his head just as in other interviews.

He’s spent a season and a preseason bringing people in and getting one or two out.  The result is an unbalanced squad.

Who are the ones he wants out now?  Do you think he’s spoken to them, or are they all looking over their shoulders ?

He will then expect them to give their all to the team.  Good management not.

Await downvotes from the sycophants on here.