Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

I know the best goalkeeper we ever had was the shortest 

If that's Goram didn't he reckon that Andy "firestarter" Gorton had more potential than he ever had at the age Gorton was when he predated the Prodigy with his antics and fucked his career up?

Edited by Inspectormorose.

56 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

If that's Goram didn't he reckon that Andy "firestarter" Gorton had more potential than he ever had at the age Gorton was when he predated the Prodigy with his antics and fucked his career up?

Gorton was brilliant when he came into the first team - could have been an England keeper in my view. What a great, great shame that he couldn't put that talent to use. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, True Tic said:

I Just cant understand that. Another midfielder and a full back is what we need .

wouldnt say we need a full back. but we are in trouble if one of them gets injured or needs time off.

with Ward, Dickenson, Sheron, Garner and Lundstrum all fit CM doesnt seem so bereft any more..

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

wouldnt say we need a full back. but we are in trouble if one of them gets injured or needs time off.

with Ward, Dickenson, Sheron, Garner and Lundstrum all fit CM doesnt seem so bereft any more..

433 with the three in midfield being Gardner, Ward/Sheron and Lundstrum should be good enough for this level. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

433 with the three in midfield being Gardner, Ward/Sheron and Lundstrum should be good enough for this level. 

agreed. for three matches! 

I agree but we still need someone who can put their foot on the ball, a younger Dan Gardner type would compliment what we have.

I like the idea of Gardner playing in front of the centrehalfs dictating play with Lundstrum and Sheron 10 yards further up the pitch pressing the ball, I'm not saying we are Notts County but they had Palmer dropping in to start play off for them and at this level looking after the football is as important as anything for me. 

Mellon still has options it's just a case of finding a system that works best with the bunch he's inherited. We may well have a full squad to choose from so I think even with seven subs there will be some disappointed 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I agree but we still need someone who can put their foot on the ball, a younger Dan Gardner type would compliment what we have.

I like the idea of Gardner playing in front of the centrehalfs dictating play with Lundstrum and Sheron 10 yards further up the pitch pressing the ball, I'm not saying we are Notts County but they had Palmer dropping in to start play off for them and at this level looking after the football is as important as anything for me. 

Mellon still has options it's just a case of finding a system that works best with the bunch he's inherited. We may well have a full squad to choose from so I think even with seven subs there will be some disappointed 

Matty Palmer would be ideal for us or a clone of him .But he is probably at the perfect club for him at the moment,

3 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Matty Palmer would be ideal for us or a clone of him .But he is probably at the perfect club for him at the moment,

Injured this week, and out for the season. Definitely that type of player we need though, along with some pace out wide. That team yesterday has to be the slowest starting 11 in our history. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daniel said:

Injured this week, and out for the season. Definitely that type of player we need though, along with some pace out wide. That team yesterday has to be the slowest starting 11 in our history. 

l dont think we can play 442 unless we seriously uptick CM

• Like 1