Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

7 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Everyone spotting some planes on that single sleeve and rabidly linking us with non-league journeyman McCallum and yellow Whoops sticker lump up front Quigley from Eastleigh has to be peak #oafc hashtag behaviour. 😂

I don't believe M.K  would post such an obvious clue about the Eastleigh striker.The picture of 2 jets would be tantamount to telling us who we are signing.Cant believe he would be so unsubtle. I suspect he was trying to tell us that Tomorrow we are signing someone.Still his tweet has caused a riot on twitter. Can't wait to see who guessed correctly. 

1 minute ago, diggleblue said:

I don't believe M.K  would post such an obvious clue about the Eastleigh striker.The picture of 2 jets would be tantamount to telling us who we are signing.Cant believe he would be so unsubtle. I suspect he was trying to tell us that Tomorrow we are signing someone.Still his tweet has caused a riot on twitter. Can't wait to see who guessed correctly. 

They weren’t jets … 

I’ll get my coat, taxi for true tic

7 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Of course he was indicating a signing is due tomorrow. We’re not all total dickheads!

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

The Spitfire link is nothing to do with it. He’s just posted a cover of “For Tomorrow” by Blur which have planes on the sleeve. It’s just meaning there is a signing tomorrow, he expects.

The wrong trees some of you lot are barking at. 😂

There's no other way

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

@BradKnowles1 putting Kanu pictures up on Facebook now after previously claiming it was Dallas.

I did put a picture of Dallas. I literally have no idea. All I’ve seen is a message saying statement of intent Monday and we are going for it.  No names been given.

same person also said Norwood did his hamstring and out for a couple of weeks. 

Edited by BradKnowles1

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yep, that would be mega. But I’ll believe when I see it. 

12 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Strong as in reliable sources? 

I think Dallas will happen. People who usually get things right have said he’s coming on loan. A couple of lower league transfer accounts that have a decent reputation are now mentioning it too.

Kanu seems to just be rumours. The Podcast last week did mention we had enquired. 

It has to be big though surely? Dallas on loan would be a good signing, but MK rarely tweets about OAFC signings unless asked by fans on the odd occasion. This time he’s gone out of his way to hype up a signing for tomorrow essentially. 

I think Dallas is happening, Kanu believe it when I see it! 

• Like 1

Just now, latics22 said:

Anyone worried about what we’re spending, feels like we’re pushing a little too hard. It’s easy to get carried away in football. Hope they are sticking to the planned budget.

Yep, but it appears we don’t have a budget anymore. I find it staggering after what Frank paid for the club initially, that the family are so giving. 

Just look at the squad now, and there are hardly any players signed on the cheap, or as developers. Most were either sought after in this league or come from higher, or are legacy players on EFL money.  MM has now been allowed 3-5 signings without anyone leaving. .  . Now I’ll never turn down new signings, but I’d totally understand/accept slow build over boom and bust. 

10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Anyone worried about what we’re spending, feels like we’re pushing a little too hard. It’s easy to get carried away in football. Hope they are sticking to the planned budget.

Probably spending a little of next year’s budget in order to give us the best chance of promotion. If this team manages it a year of consolidation could follow but the team will be much stronger and more than capable of competing in League 2.