Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

25 minutes ago, parigby said:

I stand corrected. Memory not as good as it used to be.

Scoring 45 goals in 95 appearances as a left winger - wasn't too shabby.

Was it Reggie Blore on the right wing?

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I’d like to see cover for Kitch, unless Dickinson is that cover.

Otherwise, I think we should have enough unless the signing is of serious quality.

With Walker, Dallas, Green and Hope all able to play on the wing, I’m not sure what Kanu will bring us. We are settled on the wing back formation.

Hopefully Conlon and Hammond are able to sort the clear midfield issue.

Just typing this message and thinking about it, highlight the bloated squad and how unbalanced it is. Though the last part is getting better. 

Wouldn't mind a winger that can beat a man and deliver. Did Walker show that against the Hendon mafia? 

I'd send Green to whoever will have him. Maybe Stalybridge are a man short. 

5 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Yep. 83 I think and member of our local cricket club.

Good news, pass on my regards to him ( he used to swap info about the dogs whilst "nicking" a toffee from our table ! 😀 ).

Don't know if his mate Peter is a cricket member also but enjoyed their company.

21 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Hudson

Hobson

Raglan

Hogan

Sadchev

Lundstram

Sheron

Conlon

Kitching

Norwood

Walker

That's what I’m expecting tonight. Maybe Fondop for Walker.

Walker isn't a striker, he'd be useless in a two with Norwood.

If we go three up top then he might play Walker and Green either side of Norwood but the safe bet would be Norwood/Fondop in a two for me.

I'm hoping we don't go three at the back, invariably it just turns in to a five with the likes of Sheron and Lundstrum sitting just in front, that's got to stop particularly at home.

Edited by yarddog73

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Walker isn't a striker, he'd be useless in q two with Norwood.

If we go three up top then he might play Walker and Green either side of Norwood but the safe bet would be Norwood/Fondop in a two for me.

I'm hoping we don't go three at the back, invariably it just turns in to a five with the likes of Sheron and Lundstrum sitting just in front, that's got to stop for me particularly at home.

We played 442 when we beat Barnet earlier in the season, Barnet don't look like they've changed their set up since then although the wing backs have changed and may be more defensively minded. 

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

Apparently Dallas not playing tonight according to Oldham Times, ffs, we need all the help we can get at home. 

Doesn’t say he isn’t, says he hasn’t play since December I reckon he will start him or at least bench come in at around 70 mins 

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Doesn’t say he isn’t, says he hasn’t play since December I reckon he will start him or at least bench come in at around 70 mins 

Just with them saying it’s unlikely and they mention the international clearance thing which they aren’t fully clear on. Hope you’re right. 

Ian Towers played mostly as a striker at No.8.  I think 66/67 season he scored  27 goals which included a 4 and a 3. We signed him from Burnley(£20,000) as a right winger after he had played 45 times in the 1st div. Passed away in 2015 aged 75.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm hoping we don't go three at the back, invariably it just turns in to a five with the likes of Sheron and Lundstrum sitting just in front, that's got to stop particularly at home.

You forgot McGahey who appears MMs favourite despite a string of poor performances.

I have a feeling most of DUs lot will start again with MMs signings on the bench.

Hope we aren't 2 down before we see any brought on after 70 minutes.

Optimistically, we could see all start and run at Barnet resulting in a 5-0 win.

I’m not really expecting a stellar performance tonight. I think it may be a gamble playing all of the new lads but we’ll get there soon.

As long as we stay in the top seven, any sort of win will do for now as the points are paramount.

If we are firing on all cylinders in time for the playoffs I’ll be happy!

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Walker can play as a striker, 'Playing for Rovers' youth team as a striker, in his first twelve months at Ewood Park he scored seven goals in 19 appearances.'

Lundstram already looks a different player now he’s got a footballer behind him, instead of darting around doing 40yd runs because his previous partner hoofs it all the time.

• Like 2