Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Hope the next signing is a quick direct running midfielder to replace the ineffective Lundstram.

Not sure how that is your conclusion when the whole game was spent watching long ball bypassing the midfield with aimless punts. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Same team beat 3rd place a few days ago. I'll let you crack on with your wild and dramatic posts 

What’s wild & dramatic about being shit…the last match is irrelevant, today we were simply shit from start to finish!

57 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What’s wild & dramatic about being shit…the last match is irrelevant, today we were simply shit from start to finish!

45 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Only as good as your last match… shit. 

Hope you two don't have pets. They'd get kicked to fuck nearly every week you cry so much over nowt

Who’s crying? I praise when it’s good (which hasn’t been too often) and criticise when it’s not.

We played a team in the bottom four today who were better than us for the whole 90 minutes…what do you want me to do…celebrate?

I can handle getting beaten if we have done our best but that performance today was way below an acceptable standard. We’ve been totally outplayed yet again at home for the umpteenth time this season!

We’re by no means the finished article but we have to do better than that surely?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Hope you two don't have pets. They'd get kicked to fuck nearly every week you cry so much over nowt

Rather not live in denial. If I can praise them, I can slate them when they get played off the park by a team in the relegation zone. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Same team beat 3rd place a few days ago. I'll let you crack on with your wild and dramatic posts 

A very weird psychology you're peddling here, 

Yes we'd seen off Barnet with the help of two gifted penalties, nothing more

Yesterday was poor even by your standards, no drama, just honest opinions that differ from your warped mindset.

1 minute ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Yesterday was poor even by your standards, no drama, just honest opinions that differ from your warped mindset.

What a load of bollox tho. We were by far the better team v Barnet.and deserved the win.  We clearly struggle at home to lesser teams. Confident Mellon will get to the root of it and sort it tho. The usual suspects on here predicting season over again are they ? Cba reading through all the overreactions 🙄🙄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Also, don’t forget the 4 lucky goals we saw them off with in the reverse fixture 

12 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Not sure how that is your conclusion when the whole game was spent watching long ball bypassing the midfield with aimless punts. 

Because we haven't got an attacking central midfielder who runs directly at the opposition.

I'd prefer Walker and Dallas instead of Lundstram and Sheron. Leave the  deep midfield to Conlon.

Why didn’t the post match interviewer ask MM why we played a back 5 with 2 defensive midfielders at home when the wing backs stay deep, in effect handing the initiative to the opposition.

Edited by BP1960

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Because we haven't got an attacking central midfielder who runs directly at the opposition.

I'd prefer Walker and Dallas instead of Lundstram and Sheron. Leave the  deep midfield to Conlon.

So you’d play 1 central midfielder and that would be Conlon?

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

So you’d play 1 central midfielder and that would be Conlon?

5 defenders 5 attackers, it's a good balance.

The alternative is sticking with this boring rubbish.

Edited by BP1960

48 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Ah the old inside right ,inside left  those were the days  BP 

Great days, great players great football, none of this 7 at the back dross. Even in the 1960s 4th division Latics played good attacking football. This has come in recent years from text book coaches who have led us to believe this is the way it has to be.

Football is a simple game made over complicated. What's being served up by DU and the same by MM isn't for me.

However, it's the club I support not  the managers, they come and go.

Why didn’t the post match interviewer ask MM why we played a back 5 with 2 defensive midfielders at home when the wing backs stay deep, in effect handing the initiative to the opposition.

We need a 10 asap. 

Christ

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Great days, great players great football, none of this 7 at the back dross. Even in the 1960s 4th division Latics played good attacking football. This has come in recent years from text book coaches who have led us to believe this is the way it has to be.

Football is a simple game made over complicated. What's being served up by DU and the same by MM isn't for me.

However, it's the club I support not  the managers, they come and go.

The most rose tinted of views ever about past football.

A lot of it was absolute park football on park pitches 

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Brilliant constructive comment.

You're asking for a team that had previously won 4 league games on the trot to be completely changed due to one defeat, into a system that has ONE midfielder. It's absolutely bonkers.

Thank god managers aren't this reactive 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle