50 years ?

somebody asked at the forum and they were possibly sideswiped by the question but quickly said yes of course we will be doing.

possible OASF said they would be involved, but l may jus be appropriating them with all that is good.

no flesh for you, sorry. but yes.

12 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l would like to think we wouldnt celebrate winning division 5. all seems a bit wrexham to me!!!

You're joking, aren't you?  You wouldn't celebrate our first promotion/trophy for 33 years?

I'll be taking a week off work, drinking heavily and setting smoke bombs off in the garden every day...

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

You're joking, aren't you?  You wouldn't celebrate our first promotion/trophy for 33 years?

I'll be taking a week off work, drinking heavily and setting smoke bombs off in the garden every day...

ld cheer and go metal at the time but l wouldnt turn up days later to welcome an open top bus, no!!

33 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

ld cheer and go metal at the time but l wouldnt turn up days later to welcome an open top bus, no!!

Each to their own. 

I'd have no problem getting on board with any over the top ceremony the club decides to have. As we know more than anyone - it might be the only chance we get!

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It was our last but 1 promotion wasn’t it? 50 years ago 😳

which would make any totally theoretical civic centre related event acceptable. last time we did it they just waved they didn't even set up speakers or anything!!

them sort of oversights wouldnt happen under the new guys.

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Each to their own. 

I'd have no problem getting on board with any over the top ceremony the club decides to have. As we know more than anyone - it might be the only chance we get!

urgh dont say that!!!

this theoretical party would merely be party one in our golden future.

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

No pyro no party 😂

• Like 2

1973 - 1974 season:

Tony Bailey, Ronnie Blair, Harry Dowd, Paul Edwards, Colin Garwood, Alan Groves, Tony Hateley, Keith Hicks, George Jones, Mike Lester, Andy Lochhead, Alan McNeill, George McVitie, Dick Mulvaney, Chris Ogden, Ian Robins, Andy Sweeney, Maurice Whittle, and Ian Wood.

All familiar names to a certain generation of supporters. Messrs Dowd, Groves, Lochhead, and Sweeney - sadly - are no longer with us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

1973 - 1974 season:

Tony Bailey, Ronnie Blair, Harry Dowd, Paul Edwards, Colin Garwood, Alan Groves, Tony Hateley, Keith Hicks, George Jones, Mike Lester, Andy Lochhead, Alan McNeill, George McVitie, Dick Mulvaney, Chris Ogden, Ian Robins, Andy Sweeney, Maurice Whittle, and Ian Wood.

All familiar names to a certain generation of supporters. Messrs Dowd, Groves, Lochhead, and Sweeney - sadly - are no longer with us.

Remember them all vividly.  With one exception - Tony Bailey?

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

So many great games that season. One disappointment I remember well though was losing at home to Charlton. Boundary Park was rammed for that match, a real anti-climax. But we had a great Easter and it all ended well eventually.

Yes, remember being part of the pitch invasion at the end of that match, and Jimy Friz coming out and said we still have matches to come to win the league  and he was right, KTF

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Remember them all vividly.  With one exception - Tony Bailey?

I remember him and I've got a shocking memory for players and previous seasons. Think he came from Derby.

Also remember Alan McNeill picking up dad, me and my brother and taking us to the dogs at Halifax I think or maybe Bradford.

Also Paul Edwards buying us some chips in Shaw as we were out with his cousin!!!