Unsworth Out

22 minutes ago, Lags said:

It is for some. Or the fact the Royle's gave him the job due to being mates.

I've repeatedly stated, most managers fail so if I predict every manager to fail I'll ultimately be proved a clever clogs more than not.

Regarding DU, I think he will always sway to being defensive in style so for him, he must win more to keep the punters happy. No one likes being proved wrong so the vocal outer's views will always be negative now. He will have to live with it.

One week DU blue and white army, the next we want DU out. I just hope after all these years of decline we manage to get up, then stay up.

I think this is a valid point and the fact it seemed to be a little underhand on how they went about it under Shez's nose. I think most would have wanted a proper recruitment process with a proven manager installed however, if Unsworth was playing decent, attacking football it would have been overlooked. The fact is, his football is defensive, dull and atm not even that successful in terms of results. If we (Unsworth out camp) thought the team was inferior to the vast majority of opposition we could accept that, it's the fact that in the main, we feel the team is better than most and if he just allowed the players to go out and express themselves, get on the front foot, results would be better and it would also be a much better product to go and watch. He can still prove us wrong and i'd be more than happy to eat humble pie. But, the clock is ticking.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I think this is a valid point and the fact it seemed to be a little underhand on how they went about it under Shez's nose. I think most would have wanted a proper recruitment process with a proven manager installed however, if Unsworth was playing decent, attacking football it would have been overlooked. The fact is, his football is defensive, dull and atm not even that successful in terms of results. If we (Unsworth out camp) thought the team was inferior to the vast majority of opposition we could accept that, it's the fact that in the main, we feel the team is better than most and if he just allowed the players to go out and express themselves, get on the front foot, results would be better and it would also be a much better product to go and watch. He can still prove us wrong and i'd be more than happy to eat humble pie. But, the clock is ticking.

You didn’t answer my question would you prefer the previous owner or the current one?

16 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I've no idea if it was underhand or under Shez's nose or all above board. Nor was I implying it.

If you know please share with the MB. Although the salient point is 'seemed'

23 minutes ago, latics22 said:

You didn’t answer my question would you prefer the previous owner or the current one?

Obvious really, the current one as he was able to buy the ground and get rid of Blitz.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JoeP said:

If you're struggling with my opinion, it might be better if you block me, to be honest...

NOOOOOOOOO

block buttons, despite their obvious good intentions, have been a massive contributary to the law of unintednded consequences on a chairman Mao type negative level.

47 minutes ago, latics22 said:

anybody who soecifically answers that  with a choice is a bell end.

talk about not dignifying things with an answer!!!

Birkett, Pretend Pete, Bazza, Mo, Marco, Nice Night Wining A Date at the Football and about five other absolute KKK mysoginist cretins prefered the old regime and nobody else without bribery or an agenda.

• Like 1

I don’t think Unsy will get sacked because of his relationship with DR and JR- but let’s put that to one side and assume they’re professional enough to look past their loyalty to him. 

What are they seeing that is giving them hope? What are seeing that makes them think that ultimately he will be success? What are they seeing that a lot us are not? And yes I know the plan is to let him build - but surely you can only do that if you’re seeing incremental improvement? 

After Gateshead next weekend we play the teams currently in 17th 18th 19th 22nd and 23rd.

He will I think be given until after these games before a decision is made.

Getting a few wins here may help save him, but it doesn't mean he's improving and he can take us forward.. It just means they as bad as we are, and we have  better players than them.

We need to bin him now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

I don’t think Unsy will get sacked because of his relationship with DR and JR- but let’s put that to one side and assume they’re professional enough to look past their loyalty to him. 

What are they seeing that is giving them hope? What are seeing that makes them think that ultimately he will be success? What are they seeing that a lot us are not? And yes I know the plan is to let him build - but surely you can only do that if you’re seeing incremental improvement? 

everything that we don't. all we see is the 90mins and as we have already decided that that is shit, even if its good its still shit.

they get the full pucture.

should have won that today, difficult to blame the manager if we are being objective. but we aren't so hes gettin buckets full.

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

After Gateshead next weekend we play the teams currently in 17th 18th 19th 22nd and 23rd.

He will I think be given until after these games before a decision is made.

Getting a few wins here may help save him, but it doesn't mean he's improving and he can take us forward.. It just means they as bad as we are, and we have  better players than them.

We need to bin him now.

if we are where we are now at Xmas he will be gone unless there is a sea change in perception, which l doubt based on evidence.

the boo boyz arent helping but theyve been much worse for other managers if lm being honest. the pod and the none reactionary zealot types are defo being heard.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

everything that we don't. all we see is the 90mins and as we have already decided that that is shit, even if its good its still shit.

they get the full pucture.

should have won that today, difficult to blame the manager if we are being objective. but we aren't so hes gettin buckets full.

But everything that happens in the week on and off the pitch is built around towards those 90 minutes. Me or you could be great around the place in the week but if performances and results are poor (which they are) it doesn’t mean anything. 

DR and JR especially are football men- I just can’t see what they’re watching in the games that’s giving them hope. (Apart from loyalty) 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

if we are where we are now at Xmas he will be gone unless there is a sea change in perception, which l doubt based on evidence.

the boo boyz arent helping but theyve been much worse for other managers if lm being honest. the pod and the none reactionary zealot types are defo being heard.

At what stage do we say he's had a fair crack but he has to go?.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

But everything that happens in the week on and off the pitch is built around towards those 90 minutes. Me or you could be great around the place in the week but if performances and results are poor (which they are) it doesn’t mean anything. 

DR and JR especially are football men- I just can’t see what they’re watching in the games that’s giving them hope. (Apart from loyalty) 

yeah lno l get you and thats my point. you (we) don't get to see it, weve just got to trust them. which is hard, yes.

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

When he has been able to pick his first choice midfield but not get results.

Out of interest who would you have played in midfield today given the players available to play there?

A traffic cone for Shelton

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

When he has been able to pick his first choice midfield but not get results.

Out of interest who would you have played in midfield today given the players available to play there?

Shit and Shitter ain't ever going to be the answer, thought Gardner did well though.