Chesterfield

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

Appears to be another good bit of business by Chesterfield.
We don't stand a chance with our current set-up.

It's a six figure fee on someone who has jumped up 4 divisions. He might prove to be an inspired signing, but I'd file it under "gamble" as opposed to good business at the moment...

13 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's a six figure fee on someone who has jumped up 4 divisions. He might prove to be an inspired signing, but I'd file it under "gamble" as opposed to good business at the moment...

I suppose that's a more balanced view than mine, I got carried away on BP1960's tide of enthusiasm for the player and his abilities. Still, we shall wait and see but it doesn't change my mind regarding the outcome at Chesterfield.

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

That’s 720 still to shift…it’s on BT so I don’t think it’ll be ‘easy’……however, a good result tomorrow would definitely help!

it is less than 48hrs until KO my brain can no longer compute potential losses. in my head weve already sold 300 before the match and then thumped them so the rest will get snapped up!!

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Lose Saturday and we are 9 points off the top, for fucks sake.

It doesn't really matter does it?

It's seen as acceptable, time for me to take it on the chin like other's have said and bite my tongue.

I'll say no more on the subject, I'm done.

• Like 1

It doesn't bare thinking about but by 5.15pm a week on Saturday we could very easily be P5 W1 D0 L4 with 3 points and in the bottom 4. I've got my Boreham Wood tickets and if this happens then the piss boil will be in full swing and rightly so.

I really fucking hope not but the pressure is now well and truly on after only 3 bloody games 😬

25 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

It doesn't bare thinking about but by 5.15pm a week on Saturday we could very easily be P5 W1 D0 L4 with 3 points and in the bottom 4. I've got my Boreham Wood tickets and if this happens then the piss boil will be in full swing and rightly so.

I really fucking hope not but the pressure is now well and truly on after only 3 bloody games 😬

And for reference we had 7pts from our first 5 games last season with the likes of Clark, Burgess, McGahey, Threlkeld, Stobbs, Cooper and Angol stealing a living as footballers!

Edited by Londonboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Lose Saturday and we are 9 points off the top, for fucks sake.

Lol.

This will be a true test of  Unsworths tactics.

Having said that if we have the same luck we had the last time we will win,!!!.Hopefully we do

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Bookmarked

I really think it wise that you do the same, stop throwing fuel on the fire whenever there's the slightest criticism

As said, I couldn't care less about this man but should you ever step out of line, I'll be straight onto it.

That's a promise 

9 hours ago, Londonboy said:

And for reference we had 7pts from our first 5 games last season with the likes of Clark, Burgess, McGahey, Threlkeld, Stobbs, Cooper and Angol stealing a living as footballers!

and yet you can not convince yourself things are improving?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I really think it wise that you do the same, stop throwing fuel on the fire whenever there's the slightest criticism

As said, I couldn't care less about this man but should you ever step out of line, I'll be straight onto it.

That's a promise 

do you have a strong memory? theres sumat intangible in your posts l like, maybe its that!!!

59 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

and yet you can not convince yourself things are improving?

Pretty much everything's improved Monty....appart from the teams performance when benchmarked against the investments made in players.

I've been a supporter for over 45 years and been to around 1000 games, so I've seem more than most.

I've reached the point that Unsworth and co have shown so few examples of progress on the pitch that it's time to look elsewhere for someone who can get more out of the squad than he can.

I get it he's a rookie manager in his first job, but now the ship has steadied we need to push on and get back into the EFL, and Unsworth just won't get us there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I get it he's a rookie manager in his first job, but now the ship has steadied we need to push on and get back into the EFL, and Unsworth just won't get us there.

Everything is in place for promotion apart from one thing, the right manager. Unsworth clearly hasn't got what it takes, neither has Mogadon John. Unsworth is a dinosaur i'm afraid. Best consigned to a natural history museum.

• Like 1