Chesterfield

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Think that should be plenty - Saturday will have knocked expectation out of many, I suspect!

Lunchtime beers in front of the TV probably more appealing now...

reck we will shift about 1K this week and the rest will see what sat brings. which is me being pessimistic

38 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

After Saturdays Southend shenanigans I shall be hopefully watching from a pub in Belfast prior to the annual homecoming gig by Belfasts finest Stiff Little Fingers if I can find one showing it.

Well I hope you have a better day than you did on Saturday!

I saw SLF at the Corn Exchange in Cambridge in the late 70s. God they were loud - and I was young then!

50 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

After Saturdays Southend shenanigans I shall be hopefully watching from a pub in Belfast prior to the annual homecoming gig by Belfasts finest Stiff Little Fingers if I can find one showing it.

Managed to find somewhere in Belfast showing our game against Kings Lynn in 2006, but that was many moons ago!

Just now, JoeP said:

Managed to find somewhere in Belfast showing our game against Kings Lynn in 2006, but that was many moons ago!

There's a sports bar about 200 yards from the hotel apparently, if I haunt them from when I arrive Wednesday next week and drink my own bodyweight in Guinness between then and Friday they might put it on for me Saturday with any luck.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

You’d have to be insane to fork out more cash to watch us park 9 players behind the ball only to then still concede another boat load of goals.

Well it's a good job I know a few psychiatrists then...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yes, just a matter of the fee I understand.

Getting tickets Tuesday. Seems they are buying some good players.Should be a good test as to who are wiser in their player selection or more importantly who can get the best out of their signings

Edited by Flemboy

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Getting tickets Tuesday. Seems they are buying some good players.Should be a good test as to who are wiser in their player selection or more importantly who can get the best out of their signings

I can answer that now, Chesterfield are. We brought in Reid because Nuttall turned us down, only to end up getting Nuttall anyway, meaning Reid has become some what surplus to requirements. Raglan was offered to us and we couldn't turn him down despite just having signed Hobson and the captain happens to be a CB too, so we have had to shoe horn the 3 of them into the side. To compound the error with either Reid or Nuttall we then went and signed Willoughby having chased him for approx. 10 months and now the consensus is, we don't fancy him. We've failed to address the midfield problem or the RB issue. During Unsworths time we must have signed around 15 players and despite the setup of having 10 scouts, all singing data, i've yet to see more than 1 signing that has made a massive difference. The 1 signing who did was Yarney and he's gone and I'd hazard a guess he was asking for less than we are paying Raglan or Norwood. If I was Frank, i'd be asking him to unload a few more before sanctioning anymore signings.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I think that’ comparison will be on hold because Ward, Lundstram and I think green are all out for the next month. We always seem to manage ruining decent players. Lundstram plays every minute of his games last season, comes here and doesn’t even make the start of the season before he’s injured. Absolute joke 🤦‍♂️. Sorry I’m rambling but ffs…