Echo chamber poll

Simple question, do you think David Unsworth is the man to take the club forward?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, do you think David Unsworth is the man to take the club forward?

I'm a bit surprised that people are tying themselves in knots over a pretty straightforward poll - we have been debating whether Unsworth should stay/go for some time, and surely @yarddog73 is entitled to ask the question and get a snapshot of fans' opinion? If you don't like the question you don't have to answer it!

I voted no. I think that word "forward" is key in more than one sense. I respect the view that we've hired and fired managers too often (clearly) and I want stability, but not at any price. You have to look forward (is he up to the job) at some point and ignore the past (too many manager changes): if he can't cut it then we have to act, surely. I don't want to see him sacked, unemployment is miserable, but sadly football management is a brutal business. We have to be challenging at the top, not the bottom, of this league.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I want to give him time I really do. But how we are in this position with the squad we have is absolutely mental. The guy has no clue how to setup a football team and uses excuse after excuse. If he doesn’t start picking up results this month just get rid of him. So far he’s shown absolutely nothing to me. 

What was you expecting, 18 points and 30 goals scored?

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I'm a bit surprised that people are tying themselves in knots over a pretty straightforward poll - we have been debating whether Unsworth should stay/go for some time, and surely @yarddog73 is entitled to ask the question and get a snapshot of fans' opinion? If you don't like the question you don't have to answer it!

I voted no. I think that word "forward" is key in more than one sense. I respect the view that we've hired and fired managers too often (clearly) and I want stability, but not at any price. You have to look forward (is he up to the job) at some point and ignore the past (too many manager changes): if he can't cut it then we have to act, surely. I don't want to see him sacked, unemployment is miserable, but sadly football management is a brutal business. We have to be challenging at the top, not the bottom, of this league.

It was a loaded question.  Those who think more time should be afforded mainly because we are only 6 games into the season have no choice in the poll, even if they fear DU isn't the right man.  @yarddog73 knows that, everyone knows his feelings,  they are laid bare over numerous threads and the question was set to get the greatest vote wanted. 

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

No you helmet. 
Was you expecting us to be 20th ? 

Weird bloke you. 

You say 'in this position' . That would suggest you had an expectation of how things would look after six games. I was asking what those expectations were.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You say 'in this position' . That would suggest you had an expectation of how things would look after six games. I was asking what those expectations were.

I can’t give you an exact position. But I can say I expected better than 1 win in 6 ? 
Yourself ? 

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

How can you tell Unsworth is lying? His lips are moving.

Why are we so sure he's lying?. I find it odd that DU lies whilst every other managers or board members are pardoned due to they can't tell us stuff.  Is it not one and the same?

Edited by Lags

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

Why are we so sure he's lying?. I find it odd that DU lies whilst every other managers or board members are pardoned due to they can't tell us stuff.  Is it not one and the same?

He's compulsive. He says whatever he thinks is the answer that will get the heat off him.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Yes, it is perfectly normal for a team not to win a match which they are fancied to do so, happens all the time.

You literally don’t make sense. Anyhow, someone pointed out you are a troll the other day. They are correct you are relentless. 
Sad sad bloke, try going to a game and supporting the club. Fucking weird. 

Edited by LightDN123

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

You literally don’t make sense. Anyhow, someone pointed out you are a troll the other day. They are correct you are relentless. 
Sad sad bloke, try going to a game and supporting the club. Fucking weird. 

The favourites don't always win. Really not difficult to understand. We've probably only been favourites in half the games so far by the way.

I ask a reasonable question which you can't answer because you are another one who can't debate without resorting to insults.

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Yes, it is perfectly normal for a team not to win a match which they are fancied to do so, happens all the time.

Last season Chesterfield failed to win in seven games in a row (inc home defeat to us), picking up 3 draws. Immediately after they won 8 out of 9 (lost to Halifax) to get promotion bid back on track. 

Anything is possible.

3 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Last season Chesterfield failed to win in seven games in a row (inc home defeat to us), picking up 3 draws. Immediately after they won 8 out of 9 (lost to Halifax) to get promotion bid back on track. 

Anything is possible.

Very true my friend, any outcome is possible no matter how unlikely it may seem.

4 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Anything is possible.

Except that Latics are showing no signs whatsoever of achieving that.  But I do hope that you are right. 

a definite No from me. Far too negative against teams we should be taking the game to and win ratio also poor. 

I respect other opinions but at time I wonder how DU plans games. For example, a point made on another part of this forum. A few weeks ago DU says Gardner needs building up with about 30 minutes game time initially and then plays him for a full game when we are down to 10 men. Norwood should start every game with a plan to attack and have the option to sub him when we are leading.  

Far too negative overall with a squad capable of much more-this was even evident in preseason in the games I went to.

The problem is, getting rid of the manager isn’t the answer. The answer is getting the right man in. Obviously , you’ve got to move out the one there to bring someone else in, but if he isn’t right either then it’s back to square one.

Much as I love Shez the time was right for him to go, as many were demanding, but so far it’s solved nothing.

There’s no doubt plenty of good potential managers out there, but plenty of not so good ones too. We can all say who we should get if Unsworth goes, but we’ve no idea who’ll we’ll get in and it won’t be up to us anyway.

I know we can’t just use that as an excuse to keep Unsworth in a job, but iunless we get the next one right we’ll be here again not too long from now.

39 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Anything is possible.

They had a good, experienced and qualified manager in charge. Whereas, erm. Yeah.

• Like 1