Echo chamber poll

Simple question, do you think David Unsworth is the man to take the club forward?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, do you think David Unsworth is the man to take the club forward?

15 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

I thought we had more than 100 fans. 

Yes Pete we have. And out of the 6 thousand that were at the game on Monday. I would wager that none of them were anything other than sick to the core, of watching the same old boring boring football. And the football that we play reflects directly to the manager.

1 minute ago, 100milesaway said:

Yes Pete we have. And out of the 6 thousand that were at the game on Monday. I would wager that none of them were anything other than sick to the core, of watching the same old boring boring football. And the football that we play reflects directly to the manager.

extremism 101 right here

don't talk for other people, thats lying, agenda politics and possibly also gaslighting.

stick to the truth and the facts or you just look foolish. theres enough substance as it is for even the densest of minds to constuct a valid argument without resorting to bazza style wild untrue claims.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

You'll only be "Sick to the core" if you're a hysterical drama queen christ some people don't half over exaggerate  I was just mildly annoyed got in the car went home had my tea and then got on with life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

It was a word used to describe us fans and mere mortals by the previous regime, it wasn't meant to offend, I think some are looking in to what I've asked a little too much but hey ho this is OWTB.

I ain't offended. If the previous regime got the fans description wrong, don't copy it!!

I'll maintain the question was loaded to your stance on DU whether you care to admit it or not, matters not a jot.

I've voted on the poll with the only option available to me in that I think it's too soon in the season for sackings. My opinion to keep DU for now is nowhere as deep rooted as yours is to see him go. Whilst I can't speak for others I'd wager the others who think it's too soon have the same depth of feelings towards him.

What we can say is, expectations were a lot higher than current results. These need to improve sharply.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You'll only be "Sick to the core" if you're a hysterical drama queen christ some people don't half over exaggerate  I was just mildly annoyed got in the car went home had my tea and then got on with life.

no Glossopp he speaks for all of us and if thats how he says we feel then that how we feel. got it?

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

I ain't offended. If the previous regime got the fans description wrong, don't copy it!!

I'll maintain the question was loaded to your stance on DU whether you care to admit it or not, matters not a jot.

I've voted on the poll with the only option available to me in that I think it's too soon in the season for sackings. My opinion to keep DU for now is nowhere as deep rooted as yours is to see him go. Whilst I can't speak for others I'd wager the others who think it's too soon have the same depth of feelings towards him.

What we can say is, expectations were a lot higher than current results. These need to improve sharply.

l couldnt vote bc l don't know if he is the man to take us forward, but if he isn't that does not mean sack him now.

they loaded the poll but meh thats what some people do when theyre desperate. they think theyre fighting for the survival of the club in their heads so its hard to argue.

truth is that fight is over and PTB, BPAS and a small group of others did all that fight for them whilst we just sat at home.

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

I thought we had more than 100 fans. 

I mean the use of sampling is not a new phenomenon. Between the polls and opinion on here, Twitter (vile place), the podcast and phone in. I would say we have a solid idea of the current feeling amongst the fan base.

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

Exactly this. Which is why I’m not surprised at the result of the poll given how it was worded. If we win the next 5 the result would be different. If we continue as we are then it’ll be near on 100%. 

Wins needed urgently. There’s no way he survives or should survive if we’re in October with no improvement in form. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l couldnt vote bc l don't know if he is the man to take us forward, but if he isn't that does not mean sack him now.

they loaded the poll but meh thats what some people do when theyre desperate. they think theyre fighting for the survival of the club in their heads so its hard to argue.

truth is that fight is over and PTB, BPAS and a small group of others did all that fight for them whilst we just sat at home.

Agree the poll should have had an option for “uncertain” or however you want to phrase it. 

Rhino isnt staying forever and l would like our next manager to have come through a possibly lengthy recruitment process.

six games into a season is literally the worst time to do such a thing. so l cant sack him now. hence l can not vote and probably wasnt the only one.

no matter its a small sample size on an online forum with at best 1% of the fanbase posting on a busy as fuck pissboil day*

*based on crowds of 7500

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Exactly this. Which is why I’m not surprised at the result of the poll given how it was worded. If we win the next 5 the result would be different. If we continue as we are then it’ll be near on 100%. 

Wins needed urgently. There’s no way he survives or should survive if we’re in October with no improvement in form. 

I think opinion on DU is too ingrained now for some no matter what. The clock on his time at the club is already ticking past 23 hundred hours.

He could take us up and start losing in L1 and be mince meat. At least then his contract wouldn't be too long outstanding.

Don't get me wrong the DU outers would absolutely love for him to get us promoted. No agenda on that one for me.

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

I think opinion on DU is too ingrained now for some no matter what. The clock on his time at the club is already ticking past 23 hundred hours.

He could take us up and start losing in L1 and be mince meat. At least then his contract wouldn't be too long outstanding.

Don't get me wrong the DU outers would absolutely love for him to get us promoted. No agenda on that one for me.

we literally have fans on here and on the phone in saying they made their minds up after notts away.

that means they spent all of the next 20 odd matches finding fault in our second half of the season pretend 3rd place finish.

l could see them and l tried to warn in the summer how important it was not to start like this bc there was a pack of pissboil wolves circling.

some people even tried to counter it!!

34 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

we literally have fans on here and on the phone in saying they made their minds up after notts away.

that means they spent all of the next 20 odd matches finding fault in our second half of the season pretend 3rd place finish.

l could see them and l tried to warn in the summer how important it was not to start like this bc there was a pack of pissboil wolves circling.

some people even tried to counter it!!

I went cold on him pretty quickly mainly due to his bullshit but I enjoyed our end to the season and hoped we could build on that, expectation was huge given everything had gone so swimmingly in pre season but the wheels fell off quicker than on Billy Smarts car, nobodies saying I told you so as far as I can seen and frothing at the mouth at the prospect of travelling up to Gateshead to watch another lackluster rudderless performance, ultimately I think we all want the same thing it's just that some of us would prefer to go aboit it a different way.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I went cold on him pretty quickly mainly due to his bullshit but I enjoyed our end to the season and hoped we could build on that, expectation was huge given everything had gone so swimmingly in pre season but the wheels fell off quicker than on Billy Smarts car, nobodies saying I told you so as far as I can seen and frothing at the mouth at the prospect of travelling up to Gateshead to watch another lackluster rudderless performance, ultimately I think we all want the same thing it's just that some of us would prefer to go aboit it a different way.

yeah l agree thats why lm trying my hardest to debate the points bc l can see that youre not doing it out of spite. chuckin 'agenda' about must seem lazy and be annoying but if you make your mind up early and refuse to change then it fits nicely.

l could just as easy be on your side bc the Football is fuckin shiteeeeee

but l like to think l have constructively outlined my argument for sticking with him.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

no Glossopp he speaks for all of us and if thats how he says we feel then that how we feel. got it?

You'd think we'd have abit more perspective in terms of what's happened to us the last few years.

It's been a dissapointing start no qualms about that. But we will be ok, If results carry on the way they have done during September then we will sack the manager. If we haven't sacked the manager by the end of September then results will have improved. We win the next 3 games then we are back on contention.

We'll be ok everyone chill out have a beer it's Friday after all. :drinking:

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1