Echo chamber poll

Simple question, do you think David Unsworth is the man to take the club forward?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, do you think David Unsworth is the man to take the club forward?

14 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

The problem is, getting rid of the manager isn’t the answer. The answer is getting the right man in. Obviously , you’ve got to move out the one there to bring someone else in, but if he isn’t right either then it’s back to square one.

Much as I love Shez the time was right for him to go, as many were demanding, but so far it’s solved nothing.

There’s no doubt plenty of good potential managers out there, but plenty of not so good ones too. We can all say who we should get if Unsworth goes, but we’ve no idea who’ll we’ll get in and it won’t be up to us anyway.

I know we can’t just use that as an excuse to keep Unsworth in a job, but iunless we get the next one right we’ll be here again not too long from now.

We really should give recruiting better players in the positions where they are most needed a go, would go a long way to negating any deficiencies the manager may have.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We really should give recruiting better players in the positions where they are most needed a go, would go a long way to negating any deficiencies the manager may have.

We can play all our players in their best positions, it isn't going to change anything, the managers tactics are useless. 

52 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Except that Latics are showing no signs whatsoever of achieving that.  But I do hope that you are right. 

Chesterfield fans were ready to string Cook up from the nearest lamppost by the time we beat them. The board held their nerve.

I am ambivalent when it comes to DU. Just pointing out that football can be a topsy-turvy business, especially at this level.

17 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Let's see how the plebs vote, popular opinion would have it that about a third would like to see Unsworth replaced, place your votes.

It is a loaded question and not a straight forward one. The question differs to the very first post you put on it. Following your shit comment above, the poll should surely have been would you sack Unsworth now. Yes or no

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It is a loaded question and not a straight forward one. The question differs to the very first post you put on it. Following your shit comment above, the poll should surely have been would you sack Unsworth now. Yes or no

He's bang on 

Loaded with plebs, so why don't you go and start a poll that suits you?

The outcome would be exactly the same!

• Like 1

could maybe claw a bit back if worded differently but thats a big result. l couldnt vote my option wasnt there. clearly a biased question funny to see it defended 🤣.

a subsequent fairer poll now would be pointless bc it this one would have effects on it. but even clawing back to 60/40 or 50/50 shows he is fast running out of time.

'lost the fanbase' is agenda stuff again. so is doing a poll in such a way. l saw it coming so lm almost handling it, but l'm very disapointed and feel like lm back in Salem during the trials.

Edited by Monty Burns
changed it to is
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Whatever anyone thinks of the question. The results are pretty clear. He’s completely lost the fan base. 

It's like one of those TV cosmetics adverts. 92 per cent think our stuff is brilliant. Then, in small print, of 96 people who were asked. 

79 people on OWTB is hardly representative of "completely losing the fan base"

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

He's bang on 

Because the poll is representative of OWTB which is tiny % of fans. There were a hundred, maybe 200 joing in the chants about football being shit on Monday. Guarantee a poll of everyone at the game Monday wouldn't have had the same wide range as this

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

He's bang on 

Not bang on. His post contradicts the question. Even you can see that. Arguing it makes zero sense. Unless you enjoy looking like a mong

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Because the poll is representative of OWTB which is tiny % of fans. There were a hundred, maybe 200 joing in the chants about football being shit on Monday. Guarantee a poll of everyone at the game Monday wouldn't have had the same wide range as this

and as the excellent first caller on the phone in pointed out last night he didnt join in bc it was wrong despite being a massive Unsworth Outer.

not fully listened to that yet but he was a great call balanced it well kept his emotion in check. 

13 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

It's like one of those TV cosmetics adverts. 92 per cent think our stuff is brilliant. Then, in small print, of 96 people who were asked. 

79 people on OWTB is hardly representative of "completely losing the fan base"

yes it reminds me of a monorail salesman came to our town a few years ago..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

He's bang on 

'Plebs' cos they hold a different view...OWTB's never fails

Edited by Lags

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I love this place. 

There’s more disagreement on the framing/wording of the question than the question itself. 

😂😂

Yep very true. “Is David Unsworth the man to take the club forward” as the creator of the poll said, is a simple question. 

OWTB may not be a representative of the whole fan base, but I would argue that some of our most loyal and engaged fans are on this platform. If 89% of us say no then that’s pretty alarming to me. 

The current position of 89% say “no” is pretty definitive from this sample size.

Add to that the Twitter poll which I believe was around the same percentage ? (I don’t have Twitter) then that is further evidence. 

Add to that the callers on the phone in and podcast then I think that’s a decent sample size. 

Plus there is clear discontent at the games. Either verbal or by saying nothing at all. The Solihull game was genuinely like a pre season friendly the atmosphere before the Unsy out chants.

I do think this “Agenda” is far bigger than being Agenda, it is a true feeling amongst the fan base that Unsy isn’t the man and should be gone. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I love this place. 

There’s more disagreement on the framing/wording of the question than the question itself. 

😂😂

well obviously because in todays world such skewerring stand out to people and in a forum its going to get mentioned.

they fully knows they should have said dear plebs do we sack him yes or no.

only he knows why he didnt and l wouldnt be interested in reading a justification bc it would be inevitably disengenuous and ironically a bit like a Rhino presser.

• Like 3

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Yep very true. “Is David Unsworth the man to take the club forward” as the creator of the poll said, is a simple question. 

OWTB may not be a representative of the whole fan base, but I would argue that some of our most loyal and engaged fans are on this platform. If 89% of us say no then that’s pretty alarming to me. 

The current position of 89% say “no” is pretty definitive from this sample size.

Add to that the Twitter poll which I believe was around the same percentage ? (I don’t have Twitter) then that is further evidence. 

Add to that the callers on the phone in and podcast then I think that’s a decent sample size. 

Plus there is clear discontent at the games. Either verbal or by saying nothing at all. The Solihull game was genuinely like a pre season friendly the atmosphere before the Unsy out chants.

I do think this “Agenda” is far bigger than being Agenda, it is a true feeling amongst the fan base that Unsy isn’t the man and should be gone. 

l think your conflating agendas and conspiracies.

theres no doubting the size of the revolt, but the question wording was overkill and the bafflement of the lower IQ's as to the questioning of it was both revealing and humurous. if l was a right winger l would defo be categorizing people into certain groups right now!!

but yes instead of me trying to sound clever and failing, l will instead categorically state l am aware its 60/40 out as we stand and thats almost certainly generous and when l say 'agenda' l don't mean a back room whispering campaign between two people. l mean the framing of question and the prefacing of opinion.

53 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

well obviously because in todays world such skewerring stand out to people and in a forum its going to get mentioned.

they fully knows they should have said dear plebs do we sack him yes or no.

only he knows why he didnt and l wouldnt be interested in reading a justification bc it would be inevitably disengenuous and ironically a bit like a Rhino presser.

😂😂😂

@Charles or Eddie

@ragingrhino

Both new accounts in favour of the gaffer continuing his good work, suspect both are closely connected to the club in some way.

It's actually a worse result than I expected, I thought more would have given him the benefit of the doubt but it appears not, nothing but a string of victories is going to suffice now, hopefully before Saturday we can stumble across a formation and a style of play that suits the group we have got and we can start to climb the table before the season passes us by.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

@Charles or Eddie

@ragingrhino

Both new accounts in favour of the gaffer continuing his good work, suspect both are closely connected to the club in some way.

It's actually a worse result than I expected, I thought more would have given him the benefit of the doubt but it appears not, nothing but a string of victories is going to suffice now, hopefully before Saturday we can stumble across a formation and a style of play that suits the group we have got and we can start to climb the table before the season passes us by.

Only a win, will save his skin

We could go on and on, (we probably already have ) about the manager. 

But the facts are, we are near the bottom of the league. The football we watch is dire, and fans are not happy.

At the final whistle on Monday, I didn't feel like I needed to direct obscenities at the manager, but like most people in the ground, I was gutted, but just went home to reflect on how shite we were/are.

And I am sick to death of repeating this same scenario over and over again.

The manager is responsible for the way the team play, and we play boring, boring crap football.

The whole backroom set up, and infrastructure of the club is better that it has been for donkeys years. But the product on the pitch is bloody awful.

Rhino has had 12 months to have an impact, unfortunately, the impact he has had is to make us worse than before.

And it's not even close to being good enough.

• Like 3