Echo chamber poll

Simple question, do you think David Unsworth is the man to take the club forward?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, do you think David Unsworth is the man to take the club forward?

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

even if emotion does seep into my posts on occassion!!

It makes for healthy debate, whatever my belief I do understand the argument from the other side and Unsworth getting it back on track and proving me wrong is far more important than me wanting to be proved right, ultimately we all want the same and hopefully one day we can all celebrate that.

I've been accused of having an agenda on here since I started posting whether it be against Corney, Abdallah or a succession of managers but on the whole I want to just say it as I see it, it would be a bit drab if we all thought the same thing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You'd think we'd have abit more perspective in terms of what's happened to us the last few years.

It's been a dissapointing start no qualms about that. But we will be ok, If results carry on the way they have done during September then we will sack the manager. If we haven't sacked the manager by the end of September then results will have improved. We win the next 3 games then we are back on contention.

We'll be ok everyone chill out have a beer it's Friday after all. :drinking:

thats literally how l see it too except l havent had a beer since April 😳

not that youd think it based on my emotive ramblibgs on here!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

It makes for healthy debate, whatever my belief I do understand the argument from the other side and Unsworth getting it back on track and proving me wrong is far more important than me wanting to be proved right, ultimately we all want the same and hopefully one day we can all celebrate that.

I've been accused of having an agenda on here since I started posting whether it be against Corney, Abdallah or a succession of managers but on the whole I want to just say it as I see it, it would be a bit drab if we all thought the same thing.

most of us on here are getting to this hill and its good.

it must be a nightmare for the mods but theyvr been guiding us here for years.

l was wrong about Abdallah and backed him for far too long. so l'm aware of all the reasons l should be BOOOOOing and sarcastically tryna cut his knees off on here, but l've been convinced by Frank, Darren and BPAS to try sumat new. so lm trying it and l dont like it but l'm sticking like a good boy. they deserve my teeny tiny butterfly effect for a long while yet.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

You'd think we'd have abit more perspective in terms of what's happened to us the last few years.

It's been a dissapointing start no qualms about that. But we will be ok, If results carry on the way they have done during September then we will sack the manager. If we haven't sacked the manager by the end of September then results will have improved. We win the next 3 games then we are back on contention.

We'll be ok everyone chill out have a beer it's Friday after all. :drinking:

Well said that man,

I have some Oxford mates coming up to the Dales for a motorcycling weekend.

A couple of nights in the pub, lots of good food 👍.

Two days exploring the Dales.

And no mention of football.

Well not until the Gateshead result comes through. 😉

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Well said that man,

I have some Oxford mates coming up to the Dales for a motorcycling weekend.

A couple of nights in the pub, lots of good food 👍.

Two days exploring the Dales.

And no mention of football.

Well not until the Gateshead result comes through. 😉

get right in there where theres no signal 🤣

On 8/31/2023 at 10:40 AM, Lags said:

I really don't know with DU. I find him a decent guy and don't buy into he tells us lies. Every manager that ever walked the earth uses Poetic license regularly, as do board members.

I doubt DU would go for it, but what about if it proves right he's not the manager material we need but he's putting in a decent club structure it seems, make him Director of Football?. It's a downward move but could be the solution.

I get what he's trying to achieve having flexibility regarding game management, but better players in higher leagues struggle swopping about. Is this the issue? or were we really so far away club and squad wise 12 months ago?. 

Director of Football? He couldn’t direct traffic!

8 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I mean the use of sampling is not a new phenomenon. Between the polls and opinion on here, Twitter (vile place), the podcast and phone in. I would say we have a solid idea of the current feeling amongst the fan base.

The current feeling we all know about is only from those who use those platforms and who can actually be arsed expressing which way they feel. No way that % of fans want him gone. A big % might want drastic improvement but as we all know we don't have the full picture because of a few people

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The current feeling we all know about is only from those who use those platforms and who can actually be arsed expressing which way they feel. No way that % of fans want him gone. A big % might want drastic improvement but as we all know we don't have the full picture because of a few people

If we lose tomorrow I think more than that will want him gone.  Last chance saloon for many. 

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

If we lose tomorrow I think more than that will want him gone.  Last chance saloon for many. 

penultimate saloon l'd say, with it being an away match. but if we do lose the the knives will be very sharp by the time we next play at home.

lve not seen any mention of tickets sold so it must be a low number. shite Football, bit of a trek and on tv all playing a part no doubt. 700ish 😔.

13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

penultimate saloon l'd say, with it being an away match. but if we do lose the the knives will be very sharp by the time we next play at home.

lve not seen any mention of tickets sold so it must be a low number. shite Football, bit of a trek and on tv all playing a part no doubt. 700ish 😔.

Train strike?  More like 400!

26 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Train strike?  More like 400!

urgh my brain can not accept such pessimism on a matchday morning and that makes me feel sick!!

we would have sold 400 in advance and around 300 will travel impulsively due to the nice weather and some positivity on here.