BPAS PODCAST: 4th Sept '23, S4E7: Coming To A Heed?

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know Bob. . . but the amount is really irrelevant. The point was - is fans singing songs about the football being shit/calling for Unsworth to go toxic. 

My response to that is- it’s been happening since the dawn of football at every club when they’re struggling. It’s nothing new, and if we sanitise the fanbase to sit quietly you would have no atmosphere. 

They usually leave it a bit longer than one game into a season though...

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know Bob. . . but the amount is really irrelevant. The point was - is fans singing songs about the football being shit/calling for Unsworth to go toxic. 

My response to that is- it’s been happening since the dawn of football at every club when they’re struggling. It’s nothing new, and if we sanitise the fanbase to sit quietly you would have no atmosphere. 

Agreed but calling someone out for their appearance, stature, skin tone etc.. isn't really constructive it just weakens the argument.

A bloke in front of me  the other week was giving Unsworth stick for Fondop getting booked in the first minute the other week saying he should be acquainting the players with the new refs crackdown !!  🙄

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

They usually leave it a bit longer than one game into a season though...

Only thing sang against the team at Southend was 'what the fucking hell was that' as the players came over at full time so they did leave it longer than a game.

Anyway he's been here a year now, near on a full 46 game cycle and we are still awful to watch and unbelievably sit lower in the table with this squad than the one Shez was afforded, I personally think fans have every right to call that out if they see fit, all I'll say is the club should be thankful they are still coming through the gate given the dross that's being served up. They should really start to worry if those floating fans they've somehow convinced to come back and that adds up to 3000+ suddenly stop going, problem then is they've got to try and win them all back again.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Agreed but calling someone out for their appearance, stature, skin tone etc.. isn't really constructive it just weakens the argument.

A bloke in front of me  the other week was giving Unsworth stick for Fondop getting booked in the first minute the other week saying he should be acquainting the players with the new refs crackdown !!  🙄

I know- and nobody can defend that. 

But we keep lumping lot’s of behaviour into one thing. 

Is personal abuse wrong - yes. 

Is booing wrong - no. 

Is singing you want the manager gone or you don’t like the football wrong- no. 

The former is about the person. 

The latter is about his performance in the Job. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

If fans aren't supporting the team it has a negative effect. 100%. Put the energy into getting behind the lads for 90 minutes and sing what you want at full time.

Would that be difficult?

22 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If fans aren't supporting the team it has a negative effect. 100%. Put the energy into getting behind the lads for 90 minutes and sing what you want at full time.

Would that be difficult?

Fan's are supportive of the team, Just not the methods being implemented,

We'll see what happens today won't we?

23 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Would that be difficult?

I agree in theory.

But it is difficult, Because you’re asking for 7/8000 people to all behave the same way when watching poor football/results.

Never going to happen. 

I don’t boo, or sing Unsworth out etc - but I don’t mind in the slightest that others do because people can vent as they see fit. (As long as it isn’t personal.) 

• Like 1

• Matt unfeatured this topic