BPAS PODCAST: 4th Sept '23, S4E7: Coming To A Heed?

20 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

How are we back to square one? Has Stobbs boomeranged back to us?

people are literally getting random sentences and vomming them onto here thinking its a valid point then strawmanning or conpletely going silent when presented with the truth. it is quite fascist tbh.

if l didnt put this disclaimer here somebody would say THE TRUTH IS ONE WIN IN SEVEN SHEZ GOT SACKED BY NOW WE ARE MISSING OUR ONE AND CHANCE EVER HE WILL TAKE US DOWN, WASTE FRANKS MONEY AND CROWDS WILL BE 2000 AGAIN

they might still say it. its classic confirmation bias bullshit and they remind me of barry chuckle and his realistic group whoppers!

Edited by Monty Burns
they might still say it

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

These so called easier teams won't lie down and let us roll over them, they know we are dysfunctional outfit on the field and will look to take advantage of yet more upcoming changes with maybe some  players not having a pre season and the excuse of needing time to gel.

We were promised a lean and superfit squad so how has it finished up the opposite and practically back to square one after a year?

Because that's how you want to see it?

We have improved. Goal chances are being created. The created now need taking. With taking comes victories. With victories comes confidence. With confidence comes better performances. With better performances comes better atmospheres. With better atmosphere's comes promotion challenging teams.

Get behind the team!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lags said:

We have improved. Goal chances are being created. The created now need taking. With taking comes victories. With victories comes confidence. With confidence comes better performances. With better performances comes better atmospheres. With better atmosphere's comes promotion challenging teams.

Get behind the team!!

He won't. It's not 1960 so everything is shit

8 hours ago, Lags said:

Get behind the team!!

I want the fast dynamic football he said he wants, but you won't get it with the present players, many of whom he brought in.

I'm not happy with results or performances and will continue to voice my opinion until things change.

If as you think they will I'll be praising the turn around.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I want the fast dynamic football he said he wants, but you won't get it with the present players, many of whom he brought in.

I'm not happy with results or performances and will continue to voice my opinion until things change.

If as you think they will I'll be praising the turn around.

Keep voicing that opinion BP. 

It is clear to see that performances and results are way below the standard they should be. 

If some fans want to sit back and have blind faith then they are entitled to do so. But we are also entitled to try and instigate change. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

It is clear to see that performances and results are way below the standard they should be. 

If some fans want to sit back and have blind faith then they are entitled to do so. But we are also entitled to try and instigate change. 

How you going to instigate change? By booing and being abusive if you aren't getting your own way?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Nobody has blind faith they're just a bit more patient than the likes of you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

How you going to instigate change? By booing and being abusive if you aren't getting your own way?

I've never booed or been abusive [ok, maybe the odd referee] but change has to be instigated somehow and the voicing of disillusionment or whatever we want to call it, is perhaps a natural beginning. In the end though, only the powers that be can actuate change.

Interesting points by all whether an in or out DU opinion or needs a bit more time. 

The football has been very poor and then on Saturday when there was attacking intent defence was poor especially at the end. As many have said on other areas of the forum why did DU not tighten up when leading with a short time to go. 

I still feel he is not the man for the job and now talking about bringing more payers to an already large squad. 

11 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

If some fans want to sit back and have blind faith then they are entitled to do so. But we are also entitled to try and disrespect Frank and make people uncomfortable at the match.

fixed that for ya

8 hours ago, Norewgian Gunnar said:

Interesting points by all whether an in or out DU opinion or needs a bit more time. 

The football has been very poor and then on Saturday when there was attacking intent defence was poor especially at the end. As many have said on other areas of the forum why did DU not tighten up when leading with a short time to go. 

I still feel he is not the man for the job and now talking about bringing more payers to an already large squad. 

he was actually talking about players leaving it. he said four are defo leaving and two might come in. but the out proud boys have managed to switch that round into a negative.

13 hours ago, deyres42 said:

11 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Nobody has blind faith they're just a bit more patient than the likes of you

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

fixed that for ya

I don’t boo or shout abuse at matches.

I am patient, I’ve watched 12 months of Unsworth trying to get a tune out of these players. 

We have no idea what our starting team is, we have used about 4 different formations 7 games in, and the football is dull. 

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I am patient, I’ve watched 12 months of Unsworth trying to get a tune out of these players. 

We have no idea what our starting team is, we have used about 4 different formations 7 games in, and the football is dull. 

we still need a midfield so you aren't going to know yet.

43 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Same as most of the last 30 years then.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Same as most of the last 30 years then.

deyres42 - agree - with one or two exceptions (e.g. the play-off year in 2007). The problem people like me  have is that I was ecstatic about the purchase by FR. I was simply glad of the Latics having been saved from the abyss. I started going home and away again - every match. Pretty quickly, I formed the view that DU was not a good manager. I`ve watched football a long time and it was simply my opinion from years of watching. That opinion has not changed after a year of him being in charge and having watched us again recently. Have a read of all the positive comments on here pre-season; most of them probably justified after the significant investment.

Then sit back and digest what has been served up by DU's teams - mediocrity... again.

The biggest pointers for me (i.e. on judging DU) are our defensive frailties. If nothing else, a former England international and Premiership defender should have us as solid as a rock at the back, after a full year in charge, against generally poor non-league opposition. Keep clean sheets and nick the odd goal or two and the vast majority of fans would be relatively happy (as we would be higher up the table etc.). I certainly would despite the football not being the best; that could develop later.

What particularly baffles me is the current argument from DU supporters i.e.  "we've got an easy (easier) run of games coming up, so once DU has chalked up a few points from them, his position will be cemented."

A ludicrous case to make. Of course we should be winning those easier games with the squad he has at his disposal. If we want to progress satisfactorily, it's not the "easy" games we need to be winning, it's the slightly "harder" ones; and we don't remotely look like doing that.

If people are happy for us to be a mid- table, non-league club for the foreseeable future then "as you are".

I don't think most want that to be the case, though, so the blindingly obvious needs to happen.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

What particularly baffles me is the current argument from DU supporters i.e.  "we've got an easy (easier) run of games coming up, so once DU has chalked up a few points from them, his position will be cemented."

A ludicrous case to make. Of course we should be winning those easier games with the squad he has at his disposal. If we want to progress satisfactorily, it's not the "easy" games we need to be winning, it's the slightly "harder" ones; and we don't remotely look like doing that.

Has anyone actually made that argument you've quoted and said his position will be cemented? I would doubt it. I also doubt there are any actual "DU supporters" out there.

In my opinion the board are willing to let him have this run of games, to see if we can get wins and pick up momentum. If he fails then I think he'll be gone. If he does get a good amount of points from these games, then that will buy him more time in their eyes. But then if we then go on to fail to pick up points against better teams, then I'll think he'll be gone. I have no issue with them doing that, if that is their thinking.

I would imagine he is probably on his last life with them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Has anyone actually made that argument you've quoted and said his position will be cemented? I would doubt it. I also doubt there are any actual "DU supporters" out there.

In my opinion the board are willing to let him have this run of games, to see if we can get wins and pick up momentum. If he fails then I think he'll be gone. If he does get a good amount of points from these games, then that will buy him more time in their eyes. But then if we then go on to fail to pick up points against better teams, then I'll think he'll be gone. I have no issue with them doing that, if that is their thinking.

That's not what Frank said

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I don't think this is the case and probably explains why nothing much is changing, he certainly doesn't seem to be looking under any more pressure, after the Solihull game much of the board seemed as happy as Larry after the match if anything the only one who looked perplexed after the game was Joe Royle who must have struggled to sit through the tripe served up, I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon and I think that is a poor decision given the way I think he is responsible for holding the club back. 

• Like 2

Just now, yarddog73 said:

I don't think this is the case and probably explains why nothing much is changing, he certainly doesn't seem to be looking under any more pressure, after the Solihull game much of the board seemed as happy as Larry after the match if anything the only one who looked perplexed after the game was Joe Royle who must have struggled to sit through the tripe served up, I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon and I think that is a poor decision given the way I think he is responsible for holding the club back. 

good l don't think working under pressure will help

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

That's not what Frank said

Just now, yarddog73 said:

I might be wrong. I might be being overly optimistic.

But if results continue as they are and we're still not looking like threatening the play offs after the next couple of months then I will certainly be questioning the actions of the board if they don't make a change.