BPAS PODCAST: 4th Sept '23, S4E7: Coming To A Heed?

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There was no expectation last season other than staying in the division.

We are seven games into expecting to be a good team.

You were finding it ‘increasingly difficult’ to defend him last week. . we’ve drawn one game and now you’re back to saying give him time. 

You flop flop more than the stench trying to cling to power. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You were finding it ‘increasingly difficult’ to defend him last week. . we’ve drawn one game and now you’re back to saying give him time. 

You flop flop more than the stench trying to cling to power. 

Said it before, not bothered either way, the signs obviously aren't great.

Just objecting to the idea that patience has been shown.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think that is fair, even if we are not getting results there should be improvement and that just isn't evident given the outlay, we still can't decide who the best;

Goalkeeper is

Preferred rightback

Centrehalf partnership

Formation 

Best way to use Norwood

I've probably missed off half a dozen big issues surrounding the team, I just hope Unsworth stumbles across the solution because he come across like he doesn't have a plan and that worries me.

Personally I'd be playing like we did at Gateshead with a touch more discipline, one up front with two wide men can be effective as we demonstrated, obviously that midfield needs improvement and I'd just be paying one holding midfielder in Sheron, Lundstrum plus one other (so long as it's not Shelton) in the middle should elevate us and Ward also gives us options in there when fit.

34 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Look at Steve Evans at Stevenage for example…he came in when they were in a very similar situation to ourselves.

We subsequently beat them at their place and they looked destined for the drop but it was us who ended up relegated!

He saved them from almost certain relegation, got them promoted to league 2 last season and just now has them 2nd in league 1!!

He’s done it time and again. 

DU had almost a full season, a rake of players coming in, a full preseason and 7 games into the new season.

It should be enough to show some improvement at least….I’ve seen very little if any so far.

We could and should be in a far better position than we are….simples!

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Look at Steve Evans at Stevenage for example…he came in when they were in a very similar situation to ourselves.

We subsequently beat them at their place and they looked destined for the drop but it was us who ended up relegated!

He saved them from almost certain relegation, got them promoted to league 2 last season and just now has them 2nd in league 1!!

DU had almost a full season, a rake of players coming in, a full preseason and 7 games into the new season.

It should be enough to show some improvement at least….I’ve seen very little if any so far.

That's what experience brings you.

7 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I have said before that I simply don’t believe Unsworth has the ability or aptitude for this role, nothing personal or acrimonious about it but he is just not the right person.

That said, I have decided to be Zen about it and given he is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future I have written this season off as I don’t believe we will challenge for promotion and possibly not even the playoffs, I will still go to all the Southern games (plenty of them in the NL!) and support the team on the pitch as I have through thick and mostly thin for the last 50 years!

I sincerely hope DU proves me completely wrong

You've said all that ever needs saying right there

What's the bloody point?

• Like 1

Just now, deyres42 said:

That's what experience brings you.

And we’re probably paying our ‘inexperienced’ manager a fair bit more.

Pete Wild was also inexperienced but got Halifax into the playoffs twice and has had Barrow up near the top most of the time he’s been there!

22 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He brought in our captain though… 😉

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

this post is contradictory and what the fuck is that ending???? 

that defo should be a banning offence for sure 🤣

48 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think that is fair, even if we are not getting results there should be improvement and that just isn't evident given the outlay, we still can't decide who the best;

Goalkeeper is

Preferred rightback

Centrehalf partnership

Formation 

Best way to use Norwood

I've probably missed off half a dozen big issues surrounding the team, I just hope Unsworth stumbles across the solution because he come across like he doesn't have a plan and that worries me.

Personally I'd be playing like we did at Gateshead with a touch more discipline, one up front with two wide men can be effective as we demonstrated, obviously that midfield needs improvement and I'd just be paying one holding midfielder in Sheron, Lundstrum plus one other (so long as it's not Shelton) in the middle should elevate us and Ward also gives us options in there when fit.

yep 433 and on the front foot high press.

its actual basic AF

maybe thats been our problem. sending out players to not tackle must be confusing as fuck.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I just hope Unsworth stumbles across the solution because he come across like he doesn't have a plan and that worries me.

Is that just in case we start winning well? I would hope you'd be a bit more gracious than that given you've been one of the more outspoken regarding DU.

I am not yet convinced DU will pull through,  but I would say with better finishing the results would have improved if not the eye catching performances.

On 9/4/2023 at 7:23 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Gardner Hope and Mgahey are the players here from the previous regime. I imagine we had to pay out for the likes of Leutweiller and Rooney. Also while we are ahead of other club's at our level interms of infrastructure. We are way behind other club's for things such as training facilities and the overall state of Boundary Park.

Yes booing definitely makes a difference. You can argue its important to shut the noise out and yes they just concentrate on their game and they should but they are only human and they will hear things.

As supporter for the last 30 years I do things that try and make me not fallout of love with the club. Going to every single away game is one of them. If I get to a stage where I'm regularly hurling abuse at the players and or the manager of the team that I support if it gets to that stage I'm just going to stop going because it's not worth me spending time and money on stuff that's going to make me angry it achieves nothing.

Gardner wouldn’t sign until Abdallah had gone, Hope was given a new deal this summer and Rooney was signed by Unsworth. 
I’ll give you Mgahey and Leutweiller.

5 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

You've said all that ever needs saying right there

What's the bloody point?

Well I must admit, I’ve been out all day and having just returned to see Unsworth telling Suzanna that he is looking to make some fairly big changes to the squad does make it slightly harder to stay zen! 

I had thought we were told we were doing our business early and hitting the ground running….it’s actually the opposite with no settled formation, no clear starting eleven and a bloated squad with several players out of favour and others who only seem to get game time in proportion to the fans social media “feedback”

I honestly think the team is picked by outside influence, including ours, each week!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Well I must admit, I’ve been out all day and having just returned to see Unsworth telling Suzanna that he is looking to make some fairly big changes to the squad does make it slightly harder to stay zen! 

I had thought we were told we were doing our business early and hitting the ground running….it’s actually the opposite with no settled formation, no clear starting eleven and a bloated squad with several players out of favour and others who only seem to get game time in proportion to the fans social media “feedback”

I honestly think the team is picked by outside influence, including ours, each week!

'hit the ground running' actually came from me l think 🤣

11 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If this league is as piss poor as people make out. And if our squad is as good as people make out but being held back by Unsworth, then he can be given the 15 games and after that a new manager would obviously win most of the remaining games and we'd be in the playoffs, so no need to worry

There won’t be a new manager though. The run of fixtures coming up will probably see us rise up to ninth or tenth. That wouldn’t have been acceptable at the start of the season but would now been seen as ‘just outside the playoffs.’

Unless we’re dragged into a relegation battle(which we won’t be) he won’t be going anywhere for a while.

46 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

There won’t be a new manager though. The run of fixtures coming up will probably see us rise up to ninth or tenth. That wouldn’t have been acceptable at the start of the season but would now been seen as ‘just outside the playoffs.’

Unless we’re dragged into a relegation battle(which we won’t be) he won’t be going anywhere for a while.

These so called easier teams won't lie down and let us roll over them, they know we are dysfunctional outfit on the field and will look to take advantage of yet more upcoming changes with maybe some  players not having a pre season and the excuse of needing time to gel.

We were promised a lean and superfit squad so how has it finished up the opposite and practically back to square one after a year?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

These so called easier teams won't lie down and let us roll over them, they know we are dysfunctional outfit on the field and will look to take advantage of yet more upcoming changes with maybe some  players not having a pre season and the excuse of needing time to gel.

We were promised a lean and superfit squad so how has it finished up the opposite and practically back to square one after a year?

lm not seeing an unfit squad. anybody else?

one or two recently aquired signings not match fit is not an unfit squad!!

also, once again, this seems to be a new, very strange phenomenon building in the openly out camp where signing players is a bad thing.

l'm laughing but l shouldn't be 😌

• Like 1