Does Norwood start v Oxford?

58 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

cant be naming a sub keeper with all these players!

Straight forward Monty, 1 keeper, Gardner, Shelton, Norwood, and Reid. That's the bench. 

Lundstram starting for Gardner, Shelton can play right back if needs as Sutton can move to CB. Gardner covers midfield when Lundstram tires. 

Edited by disjointed

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Straight forward Monty, 1 keeper, Gardner, Shelton, Norwood, and Reid. That's the bench. 

Lundstram starting for Gardner, Shelton can play right back if needs as Sutton can move to CB. Gardner covers midfield when Lundstram tires. 

That sounds disjointed 😉

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

But who's gonna pass the ball to the advertising boards if Relegation Dan doesn't play?

I personally thought he had a good game on Tuesday, only bettered by Hobson and Sheron for me. Didn't see much of the wayward passing you're suggesting but then I'm happy to judge him in a team with decent shape and better players, he offers us something different in midfield and played well Tuesday, far better option than Shelton in my opinion and whilst we have limited options he's done enough to keep his place.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I personally thought he had a good game on Tuesday, only bettered by Hobson and Sheron for me. Didn't see much of the wayward passing you're suggesting but then I'm happy to judge him in a team with decent shape and better players, he offers us something different in midfield and played well Tuesday, far better option than Shelton in my opinion and whilst we have limited options he's done enough to keep his place.

yeah but why let the truth ruin things when theres so much to be miserable about!!

l mean theres

and

and

a d

10 minutes ago, Shrek said:

If he doesn't pick Norwood then for me he's not the man for the job. No time for being a nice guy. Pick your best pairing, thats Nuttall and Norwood. Willoughby didn't do anything to force his way in bar hard work, that's a minimum. 

Stop talking shite will you, Nuttall and Norwood was dome to death in a run of 1 win in 9, Willoughby worked hard but there's more to his game than that and for me more importantly we need the one big one quick combination, it's nothing about being a nice guy. He will know Willoughby better than anyone on here, he will have scout report after scout report and probably watched him as much as anyone so I'm happy to back his judgement over yours, he shares my view that Willoughby is the best finisher at the club, this lad is a confidence player, he needs minutes in his favoured position and then you'll see the best of him, not sure if he will start Saturday but  pretty sure it won't be Norwood/Nuttall neither.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Stop talking shite will you, Nuttall and Norwood was dome to death in a run of 1 win in 9, Willoughby worked hard but there's more to his game than that and for me more importantly we need the one big one quick combination, it's nothing about being a nice guy. He will know Willoughby better than anyone on here, he will have scout report after scout report and probably watched him as much as anyone so I'm happy to back his judgement over yours, he shares my view that Willoughby is the best finisher at the club, this lad is a confidence player, he needs minutes in his favoured position and then you'll see the best of him, not sure if he will start Saturday but  pretty sure it won't be Norwood/Nuttall neither.

Kurt worked hard. But if we want to fire up the league we need to get Norwood firing and scoring consistently imo. Norwood and Nuttall are different players also, Norwood works hard and is always looking to get in behind, similar to Kurt. The simple issue is, we have to many strikers. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd love to know how many games Norwood and Nuttall have played up top in a 442. Not many I'd wager. Aldershot was one for sure.

Willoughby needs to force his way in. Reid came on a made himself a goal. Willoughby needs to look at that, hard work isn't amazing, it's a bare minimum. 

Nuttall is best foil we have, i don't think even you are thick enough to think Norwood isn't the best goalscorer. Give them service and see the results. 

55 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Kurt worked hard. But if we want to fire up the league we need to get Norwood firing and scoring consistently imo. Norwood and Nuttall are different players also, Norwood works hard and is always looking to get in behind, similar to Kurt. The simple issue is, we have to many strikers. 

Reid Norwood Willoughby. All goal scorers. They need someone to play off. It can't be that carthorse Fondop. Nuttall is a must unless the midfield gets a lot more creative. 

58 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I think Reid is an excellent impact sub, whether that’s enough for him I’m not sure but I think he could wreak havoc on a tired defence 60 minutes into a game. Like Thompson said they all bring something different to the table. Willoughby looked ok on Tuesday but there’s clearly more to him. If he can score 30 goals in the league below he can get 20 in this one given the chance. Nuttall looked good on Tuesday too, actually using his considerable size for once to keep the ball to good effect. Only thing that worries me with Nuttall and Norwood combination is the lack of pace . All that said 5 five strikers is a nice “problem “ to have rather than not enough . 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Reid Norwood Willoughby. All goal scorers. They need someone to play off. It can't be that carthorse Fondop. Nuttall is a must unless the midfield gets a lot more creative. 

Fondop plays his part too, I honestly don’t think he’s a cart horse, just a liability sometimes. When he came on against Dorking that was the only time I thought we might create something . He’s very strong physically too and I’ve never seen him outmuscled . He’s not the answer to our problems as an individual but I don’t think any of them are. Kept happy and used wisely they could all be an asset although I doubt we will keep them all

58 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I think Reid is an excellent impact sub, whether that’s enough for him I’m not sure but I think he could wreak havoc on a tired defence 60 minutes into a game. Like Thompson said they all bring something different to the table. Willoughby looked ok on Tuesday but there’s clearly more to him. If he can score 30 goals in the league below he can get 20 in this one given the chance. Nuttall looked good on Tuesday too, actually using his considerable size for once to keep the ball to good effect. Only thing that worries me with Nuttall and Norwood combination is the lack of pace . All that said 5 five strikers is a nice “problem “ to have rather than not enough . 

Fake news on Willoughby and 30 goals. He scored 20 goals. 7 the season before. 27 goals in over 80 games in a part time league. Let's not go OTT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Norwood might not be quick but his nous playing with the real Joe Nuttall is explosive. especially surrounded by the real Green, Dickenson, Kitch, Gardner etc gives me a twinge

mnd you so does Willoughby Nowood Reid

😎

this was how l was supposed to feel nine matches ago!

1 hour ago, Shrek said:

Reid Norwood Willoughby. All goal scorers. They need someone to play off. 

disagree Norwood can do that and score peice of piss. thats the whole reason why he's spent his career doing upper body days in a gym and not leg days or running with a tractor tyre attached.

45 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Fake news on Willoughby and 30 goals. He scored 20 goals. 7 the season before. 27 goals in over 80 games in a part time league. Let's not go OTT.

To be fair I didn’t actually check his stats but regardless, i don’t think anyone’s going OTT,  a fair few clubs were interested in him, enough people in the know see something in him, I see it for what it’s worth. 20 goals from 7 the previous season is progress isn’t it. Part time league or not. Those part timers from Dorking haven’t done too bad since they arrived in the NL. I’m not comparing him to Norwood, but he was a big part of the team effort that got us our win on Tuesday.