Does Norwood start v Oxford?

Great to get a win last night and put a smile back on the fans faces.🙂

I didn't see the game, but by most accounts on here Nuttall had his best game for ages, Kurt had a good solid 90 mins and Reid came on and scored, so who makes way for Norwood on Saturday?

Also do we have 3 strikers on the bench??

1. It's a really good question and a beautiful dilemma. Not sure there's a right answer for me except Nuttall should be one of the two that starts. Pros and cons for retaining Willoughby, or bringing Norwood straight back in. I'd probably err on bringing back the L1 striker straight back but a difficult decision, might expect Willoughby's confidence and partnership with Nuttall to grow if retained. As above, nice problem to have.
Edited by Hemel latic

For me Nuttall and Reid start they scored the goals so why should they give up the shirt, we need players in form and playing with confidence the two of them will have bags of it after last night and rightly so. 

Nuttall has been playing wide most of season plays through the middle his preferred position and scores. 

Reid has hardly kicked a ball so far this season gets on the grass and scores. 

As good and prolific as Norwood is in this league, most of his bookings so far have been for dissent he would have started last night had he not been suspended and who knows may have scored hopefully he will learn from it. We need him fit and scoring goals that is why we brought him here not being suspended due to poor discipline, especially from a senior player like him. He is the best striker at the club but If he loses place on Saturday then that is his own doing and rightly so in my opinion. 

Fondop misses out.

Willoughby & Norwood on the bench. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, South West Blue said:

For me Nuttall and Reid start they scored the goals so why should they give up the shirt, we need players in form and playing with confidence the two of them will have bags of it after last night and rightly so. 

Nuttall has been playing wide most of season plays through the middle his preferred position and scores. 

As good and prolific as Norwood is in this league, most of his bookings so far have been for dissent he would have started last night had he not been suspended and who knows may have scored hopefully he will learn from it. We need him fit and scoring goals that is why we brought him here not being suspended due to poor discipline, especially from a senior player like him. He is the best striker at the club but If he loses place on Saturday then that is his own doing and rightly so in my opinion. 

Fondop misses out.

He's not only the best striker, he's the best player at the club, by far. I think I'm happy to forgive his poor discipline, which is probably due to having to watch everyone attempt to play unsy ball behind him. Reid got his goal coming off the bench against tiring opposition, I'd let him do that again. Play your best players, it's simple really.

• Like 1

Nuttall and Norwood up front, Willoughby on the bench (although I think he played well on Tuesday and linked up nicely with Nuttall), Reid to come off the bench too.

Fondop reserved for FA Trophy/FA Cup qualifying round/possible loan move for games.

2 hours ago, South West Blue said:

Fondop misses out.

Yes.   3 points:

I don't think you should drop people for scoring goals.

Norwood gets a little hint that suspensions are not good.

Shows the rest of the team that you mean it when you say you will stick by players who do the job.

Norwood will no doubt get back in and do well in time, starting from the bench on Sat.

Edited by Punce
  • Like 2

We have a poor disciplinary record. It has cost us points. Sure some of it is frustration but arguing with the ref is just stupid.

Starting Norwood from the bench says 'discipline matters'. Silly bookings cost you your place. I expect he'd be brought on after an hour with the chance to earn his starting place.

Reid- brought on, got a goal. Seems a bit harsh to put him back on the bench but again I'd expect to bring him on. Needs a word from the manager- 'great, you did what I asked,.....keep it up............your time will come.'

Same starting 11.

• Like 2