MATCH: Oxford City (H) 23/09/23

Should be putting these away today, I've watched them and they are notoriously slow starters, even when they beat Boreham Wood and Hartlepool they should have been well behind in both games, got to take our chances early on and be at it from the off because these will let us have the ball, could have some joy on set pieces today and their keeper looks weak as piss.

Ex Oldham player Josh Parker is their danger man, will carry the ball forward and look for pockets between defence and midfield, loves a pop from distance as well so you'd probably favour Hudson over Norman, no reason at all why we can't cause these some problems today and I expect us to win if we can play on the front foot.

Fancy us to score 3 or 4 today.

Hudson

Sutton

Hobson

Hogan

Kitching 

Green

Lundstrum 

Sheron 

Dickinson 

Norwood 

Reid

Norman

Raglan

Gardner 

Nuttall 

Willoughby 

Edited by yarddog73

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Should be putting these away today, I've watched them and they are notoriously slow starters, even when they beat Boreham Wood and Hartlepool they should have been well behind in both games, got to take our chances early on and be at it from the off because these will let us have the ball, could have some joy on set pieces today and their keeper looks weak as piss.

Ex Oldham player Josh Parker is their danger man, will carry the ball forward and look for pockets between defence and midfield, loves a pop from distance as well so you'd probably favour Hudson over Norman, no reason at all why we can't cause these some problems today and I expect us to win if we can play on the front foot.

Hudson

Sutton

Hobson

Hogan

Kitching 

Green

Lundstrum 

Sheron 

Dickinson 

Norwood 

Reid

Norman

Raglan

Gardner 

Nuttall 

Willoughby 

Sounds a good choice and a decent bench

30 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hudson

Sutton

Hobson

Hogan

Kitching 

Green

Lundstrum 

Sheron 

Dickinson 

Norwood 

Reid

Norman

Raglan

Gardner 

Nuttall 

Willoughby 

To early for Lundstrum to start, hopefully get a 20/30mins out of him though. Nuttall and Norwood up top for me, other than that spot on. 

Looks to me like Oxford City are finding their feet now in this league and Latics are now looking to find their own with a new [albeit maybe temporary] manager's style of play. With Unsworth at the helm, I would have no confidence whatsoever of a win and Thompson at least gives us that fighting chance, with some entertaining football thrown in.

He will probably stick with the winning line-up from midweek, Lundstrum hopefully is on the bench and gets some match time, Norwood comes on at some point to scare the shit out of them and Nuttall, Willoughby and Reid have a say in it too.

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Looks to me like Oxford City are finding their feet now in this league and Latics are now looking to find their own with a new [albeit maybe temporary] manager's style of play. With Unsworth at the helm, I would have no confidence whatsoever of a win and Thompson at least gives us that fighting chance, with some entertaining football thrown in.

He will probably stick with the winning line-up from midweek, Lundstrum hopefully is on the bench and gets some match time, Norwood comes on at some point to scare the shit out of them and Nuttall, Willoughby and Reid have a say in it too.

I think Lundstrum could start today for a couple of reasons, this Oxford team grow in to games so we need to be at them from minute one with our best eleven, there may not be opportunity to bring him on late on today, also our pitch now is a carpet and you would have no hesitation bringing a player back on that pitch, I know he'll only get 45 to 60 minutes but he's going to come in at some stage so why not start him?, it will create a buzz around the ground pre match.

• Like 1

Hudson

Hobson    Sheron    Hogan

Green                                        Kitching

Danny G    Lundstrum

(Shelton if not fit)

Willoughby      Norwood

Nuttall 

Going off ST's pre match, he said the players have been told to earn the shirt and that Lundstrum is ready but not as ready as he thinks. To me that says it will be the same lineup as Tuesday but with Reid instead of Willoughby. Lundstrum and Norwood on the bench to make early second half appearances. 

6 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

Hudson

Hobson    Sheron    Hogan

Green                                        Kitching

Danny G    Lundstrum

(Shelton if not fit)

Willoughby      Norwood

Nuttall 

😳😳😳😳😳

wow

its far too soon for five at the back Dr

Edited by Monty Burns
took the laughies out and explained my suprise

5 minutes ago, OAFC Blues said:

Going off ST's pre match, he said the players have been told to earn the shirt and that Lundstrum is ready but not as ready as he thinks. To me that says it will be the same lineup as Tuesday but with Reid instead of Willoughby. Lundstrum and Norwood on the bench to make early second half appearances. 

Willoughby for Norwood would harsh but understandable. 

Willoughby for Reid would be harsh, unfair and daft AF.

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Willoughby for Norwood would harsh but understandable. 

Willoughby for Reid would be harsh, unfair and daft AF.

Not sure of your logic there, Reid scored, Willoughby didn't. He worked his bollocks off and made the effort that lead to the first goal but didn't score himself. I think Norwood for Willoughby would be more unfair than Reid. 

Just now, OAFC Blues said:

Not sure of your logic there, Reid scored, Willoughby didn't. He worked his bollocks off and made the effort that lead to the first goal but didn't score himself. I think Norwood for Willoughby would be more unfair than Reid. 

first goal wouldnt have happened without Willoughby and he's been dicked about enough already.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, doctor evil said:

How long do we have to wait before we can play 5 at the back. Most of our best players are strikers and that's one of the few ways you can get 3 into a team without sticking one on the wing....

until we arent playing Oxford city at home in division five at the very least.

l get the idea of gettin a front 3 on the go but we can do that with a back 4 if we want

Norwood surely has to start and Willoughby is the obvious one to make way. I thought for all Willoughby's endeavour on Tuesday he was light on quality and our weakest link on the day. I'm sure he's got more in his locker and look forward to seeing him progress - but not with Norwood sat on the bench! 

Otherwise same team as Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Norwood surely has to start and Willoughby is the obvious one to make way. I thought for all Willoughby's endeavour on Tuesday he was light on quality and our weakest link on the day. I'm sure he's got more in his locker and look forward to seeing him progress - but not with Norwood sat on the bench! 

As Sir Alf Ramsey famously said, "Never change a winning team."

15 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

And you’re correct!

• Like 1