MATCH: Oxford City (H) 23/09/23

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It beggars belief that Unsworth refused to change his style when absolutely everyone else knew it was so glaringly obvious what was needed!

Absolutely. Good the players are good pro’s and played to tactics but it’s clear DU and ebrell and their style was the problem. No one can sit here and say the players weren’t up to it or not playing for him, it was 100% his tactics and style that cost us. In hindsight we should have got shot after n county at new year when it was clear he had no clue. We’ve treaded water for 9 months but now our season starts. Chesterfield got 15 point start now ffs 

• Like 5

Wasn't on a par with Tuesday but Oxford were shite, I said we'd score 3 or 4 but we really should of slotted them for a dozen, awful football team.

Couple things bugged me, Gardner can't play twice a week so why Lundstrum wasn't involved is mystifying, particularly when the midfield option is Shelton, if he's fit he should be on the bench at least and secondly why didn't we use the bench earlier? Front lines legs had gone after an hour but we just persisted sitting in and inviting them on Dickinson, Nuttall and Norwood were all fucked after an hour, first sub on 77 means some of them players are running the risk of injury as well as running on empty, only when Reid came on did it relieve some pressure on us and a better team would of took advantage. What's wrong with Kitching as well sitting in now, has he been asked to do that because we've lost a bit of attacking intent down the left.

Overall a fair performance with a great result, Nuttall not as good as Tuesday and nothing went right for Norwood today until he bagged in injury time so you would take 6 points and 6 goals from two home fixtures every day of the week. 

Green rightly man of the match, put one or two on a plate today for the strikers which they couldn't take, thought Hobson and Sutton were solid, Gardner disappointing at times back to his old ways and no real understanding with Nuttall/Norwood up front, not dynamic enough that pairing and I feel Reid or Willoughby need to start with one other.

And the bellend who booed on Shelton behind me have a fucking word with yourself.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Wasn't on a par with Tuesday but Oxford were shite, I said we'd score 3 or 4 but we really should of slotted them for a dozen, awful football team.

Couple things bugged me, Gardner can't play twice a week so why Lundstrum wasn't involved is mystifying, particularly when the midfield option is Shelton, if he's fit he should be on the bench at least and secondly why didn't we use the bench earlier? Front lines legs had gone after an hour but we just persisted sitting in and inviting them on Dickinson, Nuttall and Norwood were all fucked after an hour, first sub on 77 means some of them players are running the risk of injury as well as running on empty, only when Reid came on did it relieve some pressure on us and a better team would of took advantage. What's wrong with Kitching as well sitting in now, has he been asked to do that because we've lost a bit of attacking intent down the left.

Overall a fair performance with a great result, Nuttall not as good as Tuesday and nothing went right for Norwood today until he bagged in injury time so you would take 6 points and 6 goals from two home fixtures every day of the week. 

Green rightly man of the match, put one or two on a plate today for the strikers which they couldn't take, thought Hobson and Sutton were solid, Gardner disappointing at times back to his old ways and no real understanding with Nuttall/Norwood up front, not dynamic enough that pairing and I feel Reid or Willoughby need to start with one other.

And the bellend who booed on Shelton behind me have a fucking word with yourself.

Two players who were 'fucked after an hour' scored in injury time!

• Like 1