BPAS PODCAST: 9th Oct '23, S4E12: Drawn Out

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

l'll be disappointed if he fails to hit 20 and l can't see a scenario, barring extreme ones, where it doesnt happen.

As Langstaff and Mullin got 42 and 39 respectively last season 20 would be a pretty disappointing return given his apparent pedigree.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s 33 now, he needs to be a lot more controlled than just pressing when his team mates are camped on the edge of the box. 

he won't be able to help that. they probably make plans all week for him to sometimes be a bit lazy and/or selfish but he really doesnt know how to.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Undeniabaly true.  But has anyone really been impressed so far? 

Reserve judgement on that, although I do think he’s probably had more (not many I know) opportunities to score than his current figure suggests. He’s not pacey and not a particularly big lad although other players ie Nuttall should be doing far more in the air than they are. But you can see his vision and the way he moves the ball about is generally a cut above the rest which frustrates him but I still think he could be scoring more. 

31 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Undeniabaly true.  But has anyone really been impressed so far? 

Given the lack of creativity in our team I think he's done alright. He kind of reminds me of Luke Beckett in the sense that he needs the players around him to create the chances for him if we do start doing that his returns will increase.

We need a dinner lady. I.e. someone who's going to put it on a plate for people.

We have the strikers they cam all score we just need those who can get the ball to them.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Given the lack of creativity in our team I think he's done alright. He kind of reminds me of Luke Beckett in the sense that he needs the players around him to create the chances for him if we do start doing that his returns will increase.

We need a dinner lady. I.e. someone who's going to put it on a plate for people.

We have the strikers they cam all score we just need those who can get the ball to them.

he's in midfield trying to create the chances he would like to be getting

35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Exactly where he shouldn't be. He needs to play the width of the penalty area and just get in the box we need players to get him chances. 

agreed we need actual Footballers to try and stop him doin their jobs. he is still going to pop up at LB in the 85th minute lookin knackered, but if we can give him stuff to work with he should get a bit more selfish. should. be hard to change at 33.

• Matt featured this topic

Excellent listen as always and Aaron was an excellent fan guest, tbh they're all good but it's been nice hearing some new voices in recent weeks.

Andy was talking about first and second interviews in respect of the recruitment process. Is that something you guys know is happening, or is it just an example of what would happen in a thorough process? 

On 10/9/2023 at 1:42 PM, jsslatic said:

Norwood at current rate would score 16 league goals this season (rounded up).

By my reckoning that would be more than any Latics player since we were promoted to the top flight except for Hughes, Beckett and Porter.

That doesn't detract from the fact we should be getting more out of him, but it does feel there's a bit of hyperbole about at the moment.

Think McAleny got 17 in a season a few years back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Excellent listen as always and Aaron was an excellent fan guest, tbh they're all good but it's been nice hearing some new voices in recent weeks.

Andy was talking about first and second interviews in respect of the recruitment process. Is that something you guys know is happening, or is it just an example of what would happen in a thorough process? 

We’ve not heard a peep from the club at all!

Has anyone got any evidence as to who actually applied or that interviews have even taken place?

• Matt unfeatured this topic