Who was he

Just now, League one forever said:

Anyone remember Keith Gumbs. (Spelling is probably wrong) I seem to remember he played on trail and was amazing* so we tried about 56 times to get international clearance but to no avail. 

*He could have been shit, but it was years ago and my memory is foggy. 

Trial not trail. I’m sure he wasn’t on a nature walk. 

1 hour ago, Bobby and Bert said:

Christian Calusso was born 1977 and spent 4 months on loan at Latics in 2002. 13 games and 2 goals one of which was last minute at Bury.

We did have another Argentinian in 1993 I remember seeing him play at Liverpool. Can't remember his name.

Are you thinking of Orpheo Keizerweerd as he was from Suriname.

1 hour ago, Bobby and Bert said:

Christian Calusso was born 1977 and spent 4 months on loan at Latics in 2002. 13 games and 2 goals one of which was last minute at Bury.

We did have another Argentinian in 1993 I remember seeing him play at Liverpool. Can't remember his name.

We had  Alejandro Strelau who was Argentinian and arrived at a similar time to Calusso but I don't think he ever played. Think he was a CB and may have played a few trial games but think he was here to help Calusso tbh. Remember the goal at Gigg Lane, we were shite that night but he hit a volley threw a crowd of players and it went through the keepers legs to get us a point. I was right behind it! Don't remember one from 1993 and i think i would as my memory of games from about 83-99 is pretty good but then it all goes a bit foggy.

• Like 1

Colussos club wanted a million pound if I remember correctly for him to join us on a perm which is why the deal never happened. 

I tracked him down a few years ago for a video for PTB, still mentions about loving Oldham and wishes he could have stayed. 

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Anyone remember Keith Gumbs. (Spelling is probably wrong) I seem to remember he played on trail and was amazing* so we tried about 56 times to get international clearance but to no avail. 

*He could have been shit, but it was years ago and my memory is foggy. 

Scored an overhead kick for the reserves.  Couldn't get clearance because St Kitts and Nevis (?) weren't considered a high enough standard for the English league, while Dwight Yorke (of Trinidad and Tobago who may have been lower in the FIFA rankings) was waived through at Villa/United, of course...

What did I do yesterday?  No idea....

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Scored an overhead kick for the reserves.  Couldn't get clearance because St Kitts and Nevis (?) weren't considered a high enough standard for the English league, while Dwight Yorke (of Trinidad and Tobago who may have been lower in the FIFA rankings) was waived through at Villa/United, of course...

What did I do yesterday?  No idea....

Outstanding work. 😁👍🏻

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I always get this mixed up, I assumed it wasn't part of the United Kingdom, but part of the British Isles, thanks for the geography lesson. 

I'm afraid Pete G is definitively wrong. Ireland is very much part of the British Isles. I knew someone would turn this into a political debate.

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Of course it is. It's a geographical term, not a political one.

trying telling the people of Ireland they are part of the British Isles! Its only recognised as a geographical term over here and not internationally.